|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Henry arrange to perform Anne's execution?
2. How did Jane Seymour die?
3. After NOT being granted his annulment, what did Henry prepare to do?
4. Who did Brandon announce he would marry?
5. What item did Anne insist on having after her daughter's birth that Katherine would not give her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Henry have Cromwell tried for treason?
2. After marrying Anne, what message did Henry receive from the Pope?
3. How did Henry and Anne feel about the birth of their first child?
4. What health problem attacked Henry after he celebrated Christmas with Catherine Howard?
5. What did a doctor find within Catherine Howard's womb, and what did Henry take it to mean?
6. On what grounds did Henry have his marriage to Anne of Cleves annulled?
7. After marrying her, what did Henry discover about Anne of Cleves?
8. Why did Henry and his daughter, Mary, become estranged after he began his relationship with Anne Boleyn?
9. Why was Anne required to go into seclusion for the last month of her pregnancy?
10. What lesser charge than treason did Henry give Catherine Howard the opportunity to admit to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Henry's offspring: Mary I, Henry Fitzroy, Elizabeth I and Edward VI. What are their relationships with Henry like? How does Henry treat them? What are their titles? What do we know about their lives? Who are their mothers?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the four Thomas' who were close to the King: Thomas More, Thomas Wolsey, Thomas Cranmer and Thomas Cromwell. What were their relationships with the king like? Did Henry trust these men? Why or why not? How did their relationships with the king end?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the King's Court. What are some of the different positions in the Court? What characters in the novel were part of the King's Court?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)