|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Agitated by Catherine's death, who did Henry send for to share Mass and a meal with him?
2. Who was Charles Brandon?
3. As Henry attempted to have his marriage annulled, who did Anne Boleyn claim made a threat on her life?
4. Why was Anne isolated from men during the last month of her pregnancy?
5. What did a physician find in Catherine Howard's womb?
Short Essay Questions
1. After marrying Anne, what message did Henry receive from the Pope?
2. Why was Anne required to go into seclusion for the last month of her pregnancy?
3. How did the public react to Anne Boleyn?
4. Why did Henry begin to suspect Anne Boleyn was a witch?
5. After marrying her, what did Henry discover about Anne of Cleves?
6. Why did Henry have Cromwell tried for treason?
7. What health problem attacked Henry after he celebrated Christmas with Catherine Howard?
8. After the death of Henry's sister, Mary, who did her widower, Brandon, intend to marry?
9. After Katherine's death, what did her embalmer tell Henry?
10. Who did Henry warn about the importance of signing the oath declaring Elizabeth the true heir to the throne?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is the novel an accurate portrayal of Tudor England? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Henry's sixth wife, Catherine Parr. How did Henry meet Catherine? Describe their relationship. Who does Henry compare Catherine to and why? What other man was in Catherine's life during their marriage, and how did Henry react to this realization? How did their relationship end?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Henry's second wife, Anne Boleyn. How did Henry and Anne meet? How did Anne affect Henry's reign and the history of England? What caused her demise? Why is she such a memorable historical figure?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)