|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Henry tell the Council he would rather regard Anne of Cleves as than his wife?
2. After NOT being granted his annulment, what did Henry prepare to do?
3. How long did Henry give Thomas More and Bishop John Fisher to change their minds about signing the oath declaring the true heir to the throne?
4. On what day did Henry publicly announce that he and Anne were married?
5. Who did Henry arrange to perform Anne's execution?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did a doctor find within Catherine Howard's womb, and what did Henry take it to mean?
2. What accusations against Catherine Howard were collected by Thomas Cranmer?
3. Why did Henry and his daughter, Mary, become estranged after he began his relationship with Anne Boleyn?
4. Why did Henry have Cromwell tried for treason?
5. Why did Henry begin to suspect Anne Boleyn was a witch?
6. After marrying her, what did Henry discover about Anne of Cleves?
7. Why was Anne required to go into seclusion for the last month of her pregnancy?
8. Why did Henry arrange to go on a pilgrimage, taking along many of the men from his Court?
9. Who did Henry warn about the importance of signing the oath declaring Elizabeth the true heir to the throne?
10. What health problem attacked Henry after he celebrated Christmas with Catherine Howard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Henry's second wife, Anne Boleyn. How did Henry and Anne meet? How did Anne affect Henry's reign and the history of England? What caused her demise? Why is she such a memorable historical figure?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Henry's struggles and the obstacles he faces. What are they usually in relation to? How does he cope and/or overcome them?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Henry's fourth wife, Anne of Cleves. How does Henry describe Anne of Cleves? Why does Henry marry Anne of Cleves? What is their relationship like during their marriage? How did their marriage end, and how did Henry treat Anne afterward?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)