|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Henry instruct Cromwell to do about Anne when he returned to London from the country?
2. Where did Henry and Catherine travel on their annual trip known as the "Progress"?
3. Who did Brandon announce he would marry?
4. Why did Thomas More resign from his role as Chancellor?
5. In order to get away from Anne, who did Henry go to stay with in the country?
Short Essay Questions
1. With Henry turning his interest toward Jane Seymour, how did he test her?
2. What information did Cranmer collect about Anne in order to end Henry's marriage to her?
3. How did the public react to Anne Boleyn?
4. What distressed Henry when he went to stay at John Seymour's home?
5. What happened to John Fisher and Thomas More when they refused to sign the oath declaring Elizabeth the true heir to the throne?
6. Explain the purpose of the oath that was circulated to declare Elizabeth the true heir to the throne.
7. Who did Henry warn about the importance of signing the oath declaring Elizabeth the true heir to the throne?
8. After Katherine's death, what did her embalmer tell Henry?
9. Why did Henry and his daughter, Mary, become estranged after he began his relationship with Anne Boleyn?
10. After the death of Henry's sister, Mary, who did her widower, Brandon, intend to marry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the superstitious beliefs during the Tudor period. What are some examples from the novel? Is the king superstitious? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Henry's struggles and the obstacles he faces. What are they usually in relation to? How does he cope and/or overcome them?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Henry's third wife, Jane Seymour. Why is she such an important figure during the reign of Henry VIII. What could she do that Henry's other wives could not, and how does this impact her legacy? How did Henry and Jane meet and what was their relationship like? How did their marriage end? How did Henry show his preference for Jane after the end of their marriage?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)