|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift did Henry try to give More when he found out about his interest in the stars and constellations?
2. Where did Henry's brother, Arthur, die?
3. How old was Henry's son, Henry Fitzroy, when he was knighted?
4. During Christmas festivities, what did Henry receive from the King of France?
5. To accommodate the meeting between Henry and Francis in France, what was largely used to construct two cities?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Henry angered by the refusal by Anne Boleyn's father to allow his daughter to return to Court?
2. What was the public response to Henry when he inherited the throne?
3. What prompted Henry to send Anne Boleyn back to her family home, Hever?
4. For what reasons were Henry and his brother Arthur envious of each other?
5. How did Henry say things changed between he and Katherine after the death of their first child?
6. After becoming heir to the throne at age ten, how did Henry spend his days?
7. Describe Henry and Katherine's wedding.
8. What was significant about the letter Henry received from the King of France right after becoming King?
9. How did Katherine's first pregnancy end, and what happened to the child?
10. On what grounds was Henry's betrothal to Katherine annulled, and how did Henry feel about the situation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the four Thomas' who were close to the King: Thomas More, Thomas Wolsey, Thomas Cranmer and Thomas Cromwell. What were their relationships with the king like? Did Henry trust these men? Why or why not? How did their relationships with the king end?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the presence of religion in "The Autobiography of Henry VIII". What is going on with the Catholic Church and the Pope in regards to Henry's divorce? What does Henry do to get what he desires in this situation? How does it affect England?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Henry's second wife, Anne Boleyn. How did Henry and Anne meet? How did Anne affect Henry's reign and the history of England? What caused her demise? Why is she such a memorable historical figure?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)