|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Henry's son, Henry Fitzroy, when he was knighted?
2. The book begins with a series of letters written between Will Somers and whom?
3. What did Henry pour lots of money into doing after taking over the Privy Council?
4. During what festivities did Henry first see Anne Boleyn?
5. Who did Henry meet in France and have return with him to England to become his mistress?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Henry decide to have his son, Henry Fitzroy, brought to Court and knighted?
2. What did Henry invite commoners to do at the christening party for his son, Henry?
3. How did Katherine's first pregnancy end, and what happened to the child?
4. What did Henry discover about Wolsey at the Lark's Morning inn?
5. Who did Wolsey arrange for Bessie Blount to marry, and what worried Henry about this arrangement?
6. What information did Wolsey give Henry about the possibility of divorcing Katherine?
7. What was significant about the letter Henry received from the King of France right after becoming King?
8. What was the public response to Henry when he inherited the throne?
9. Following his brother's death, what statement from Henry's mother was said to have had a lasting effect on him?
10. Why did Henry begin to seek an annulment to his marriage with Katherine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Will Somers. Who is he and what does he contribute to the novel? What relationship does he have with Henry VIII?
Essay Topic 2
Is the novel an accurate portrayal of Tudor England? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the genre of the novel. What is the genre of the novel, and what are the elements of this kind of genre?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)