|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did More insist he would have to say if Henry presented him with a gift?
2. When Henry arranged a tryst with Anne, what excuse for not meeting him did Anne send to Henry in a note?
3. Who did Henry ask to marry him after his father's death?
4. For what reason did Henry justify the execution of his father's two financial officers?
5. After instructing him to find out the costs of going to war, where did Henry find Wolsey staying?
Short Essay Questions
1. Following his brother's death, what statement from Henry's mother was said to have had a lasting effect on him?
2. What did Henry invite commoners to do at the christening party for his son, Henry?
3. On what grounds was Henry's betrothal to Katherine annulled, and how did Henry feel about the situation?
4. What deal did Henry's sister, Mary, make with him as she was forced to marry King Louis of France?
5. What preparations were made for the meeting between Henry and Francis at Calais?
6. Why did Thomas More refuse to accept a gift of an astrolabe from Henry?
7. What was significant about the letter Henry received from the King of France right after becoming King?
8. What was the public response to Henry when he inherited the throne?
9. Why did Henry decide to have his son, Henry Fitzroy, brought to Court and knighted?
10. What did Henry discover about Wolsey at the Lark's Morning inn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the four Thomas' who were close to the King: Thomas More, Thomas Wolsey, Thomas Cranmer and Thomas Cromwell. What were their relationships with the king like? Did Henry trust these men? Why or why not? How did their relationships with the king end?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Henry's sixth wife, Catherine Parr. How did Henry meet Catherine? Describe their relationship. Who does Henry compare Catherine to and why? What other man was in Catherine's life during their marriage, and how did Henry react to this realization? How did their relationship end?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Henry's second wife, Anne Boleyn. How did Henry and Anne meet? How did Anne affect Henry's reign and the history of England? What caused her demise? Why is she such a memorable historical figure?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)