|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Henry take from the priory at St. Oswerth's?
(a) His best workers.
(b) An ancient religious text.
2. Who did Henry arrange to perform Anne's execution?
(a) A relative of Anne.
(b) Thomas Cranmer.
(c) A French swordsman.
(d) He chooses to do it himself.
3. Where did Henry arrange to go with an array of men from his Court?
(a) On a hunting trip.
(c) Out to sea.
(d) On a pilgrimmage.
4. Who did Brandon announce he would marry?
(a) Henry's daughter, Mary.
(b) Anne Boleyn.
(c) The girl who was betrothed to his son.
(d) Henry Fitzroy's fiancee.
5. What kind of literature did Henry discover in Cromwell's rooms?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Henry instruct Cromwell to do about Anne when he returned to London from the country?
2. What was the name of the son Jane Seymour gave birth to?
3. What was the name of the daughter Anne gave birth to?
4. As he was seeking his annulment, who did Henry become estranged from?
5. What lie did Anne tell to Henry some time after her first child was born?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Henry warn about the importance of signing the oath declaring Elizabeth the true heir to the throne?
2. What lesser charge than treason did Henry give Catherine Howard the opportunity to admit to?
3. Why did Henry and his daughter, Mary, become estranged after he began his relationship with Anne Boleyn?
4. What happened to John Fisher and Thomas More when they refused to sign the oath declaring Elizabeth the true heir to the throne?
5. Why was Anne required to go into seclusion for the last month of her pregnancy?
6. Who did Henry seek when he held an audience with his Court's foreign ministers?
7. After marrying Anne, what message did Henry receive from the Pope?
8. After Katherine's death, what did her embalmer tell Henry?
9. What happened when church attendees who were gathered for Easter mass were asked to pray for their new Queen, Anne?
10. Explain the purpose of the oath that was circulated to declare Elizabeth the true heir to the throne.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)