|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did a physician find in Catherine Howard's womb?
(a) A pebble.
(b) A fetus.
(d) A growth.
2. Following a strange light in a small building, Henry discovered Thomas More in the middle of the night doing what?
(a) Flagellating himself.
(d) Burning religious texts.
3. What did the Spanish minister, Chapuys, urge Henry to do for Mary?
(a) Allow Mary to marry for love.
(b) Find Mary a husband.
(c) Send Mary to a convent.
(d) Invite Mary to the King's Court.
4. What did Henry realize about how Anne carried herself after marrying her?
(a) Anne was driven by power.
(b) Anne was truly a commoner.
(c) Anne was a distinguished lady.
(d) Anne was scared and nervous.
5. What did Henry think about Katherine's appeal to the Pope?
(a) It was inconsequential.
(b) It was laughable.
(c) It was impressive.
(d) It was an act of treason.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lie did Anne tell to Henry some time after her first child was born?
2. What did Henry discover about Anne of Cleves after marrying her?
3. How did Henry and Anne feel about the birth of their first child?
4. Where did Henry and Anne get married?
5. How did the public react to Anne as their queen?
Short Essay Questions
1. With Henry turning his interest toward Jane Seymour, how did he test her?
2. What distressed Henry when he went to stay at John Seymour's home?
3. Who did Henry warn about the importance of signing the oath declaring Elizabeth the true heir to the throne?
4. What health problem attacked Henry after he celebrated Christmas with Catherine Howard?
5. What happened to John Fisher and Thomas More when they refused to sign the oath declaring Elizabeth the true heir to the throne?
6. Who did Henry seek when he held an audience with his Court's foreign ministers?
7. Why did Henry arrange to go on a pilgrimage, taking along many of the men from his Court?
8. How did Henry and Anne feel about the birth of their first child?
9. Why did Henry begin to suspect Anne Boleyn was a witch?
10. On what grounds did Henry have his marriage to Anne of Cleves annulled?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)