|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Henry take from the priory at St. Oswerth's?
(b) An ancient religious text.
(c) His best workers.
2. After his marriage to Anne, why was a message from the Pope never received by Henry?
(a) The messenger was killed by Anne's men.
(b) He refused to see the messenger.
(c) The messenger lost the message.
(d) Henry burned the message before reading it.
3. How long did Henry give Thomas More and Bishop John Fisher to change their minds about signing the oath declaring the true heir to the throne?
(a) Six months.
(b) One year and one day.
(c) Three months.
(d) A fortnight.
4. What would happen to those who did not sign the oath declaring the true heir to the throne?
(a) They would be banished from the King's Court.
(b) They would be whipped.
(c) They would be guilty of treason.
(d) They would be stripped of their title.
5. What was served at the Valentine's Day banquet that Henry held the day after Catherine's execution?
(a) A replica of Henry and Catherine's wedding cake.
(b) Foods in shades of red and white.
(c) Pig hearts.
(d) Strictly food which Catherine detested.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Henry discover about Anne of Cleves after marrying her?
2. On what grounds was Henry's marriage to Anne of Cleves annulled?
3. In which month did Henry and Anne get married?
4. In Tudor England, how long was the acceptable length of time for deep mourning?
5. How was Henry depicted in a book that was written about Catherine Howard's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did a doctor find within Catherine Howard's womb, and what did Henry take it to mean?
2. What accusations against Catherine Howard were collected by Thomas Cranmer?
3. After marrying Anne, what message did Henry receive from the Pope?
4. What information did Cranmer collect about Anne in order to end Henry's marriage to her?
5. What distressed Henry when he went to stay at John Seymour's home?
6. After Katherine's death, what did her embalmer tell Henry?
7. On what grounds did Henry have his marriage to Anne of Cleves annulled?
8. What happened when church attendees who were gathered for Easter mass were asked to pray for their new Queen, Anne?
9. Why did Henry arrange to go on a pilgrimage, taking along many of the men from his Court?
10. With Henry turning his interest toward Jane Seymour, how did he test her?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)