|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After learning that Edward was ill, what condition did Henry find his son in when he visited him?
(d) Very overweight.
2. Who did Henry arrange to perform Anne's execution?
(a) A French swordsman.
(b) Thomas Cranmer.
(c) A relative of Anne.
(d) He chooses to do it himself.
3. Which of the following happened on the same day that Henry married Catherine Howard?
(a) Anne of Cleves died.
(b) France attacked England.
(c) Henry Fitzroy died.
(d) Cromwell was beheaded.
4. What did Henry discover about Anne of Cleves after marrying her?
(a) She was much younger than he had thought.
(b) She could speak excellent English.
(c) She had apparently had a child.
(d) She was much handsomer than her portrait suggested.
5. What did the Spanish minister, Chapuys, urge Henry to do for Mary?
(a) Invite Mary to the King's Court.
(b) Allow Mary to marry for love.
(c) Send Mary to a convent.
(d) Find Mary a husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Henry tell the Council he would rather regard Anne of Cleves as than his wife?
2. Who was named as one of Anne's supposed lovers?
3. Who was Charles Brandon?
4. After NOT being granted his annulment, what did Henry prepare to do?
5. Following a strange light in a small building, Henry discovered Thomas More in the middle of the night doing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when church attendees who were gathered for Easter mass were asked to pray for their new Queen, Anne?
2. What information did Cranmer collect about Anne in order to end Henry's marriage to her?
3. After Katherine's death, what did her embalmer tell Henry?
4. How did Henry and Anne feel about the birth of their first child?
5. Why did Henry and his daughter, Mary, become estranged after he began his relationship with Anne Boleyn?
6. What health problem attacked Henry after he celebrated Christmas with Catherine Howard?
7. Why did Henry begin to suspect Anne Boleyn was a witch?
8. What accusations against Catherine Howard were collected by Thomas Cranmer?
9. What happened to John Fisher and Thomas More when they refused to sign the oath declaring Elizabeth the true heir to the throne?
10. Why was Anne required to go into seclusion for the last month of her pregnancy?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)