|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon Henry's return to London, an oath declaring someone as the true heir to the throne was circulated. Who was the person named in that oath?
(c) Henry Fitzroy.
(d) Charles Brandon.
2. What lie did Anne tell to Henry some time after her first child was born?
(a) That she had been faithful to him.
(b) That she was not in love with him.
(c) That she wished for more children.
(d) That she was pregnant.
3. What did Henry learn Katherine had appealed to the Pope to do?
(a) To intervene on her behalf in England's affairs.
(b) To forgive Henry for his sins.
(c) To make peace with England.
(d) To allow Katherine to serve him in Rome.
4. What was served at the Valentine's Day banquet that Henry held the day after Catherine's execution?
(a) A replica of Henry and Catherine's wedding cake.
(b) Pig hearts.
(c) Strictly food which Catherine detested.
(d) Foods in shades of red and white.
5. What did Henry think about Katherine's appeal to the Pope?
(a) It was an act of treason.
(b) It was impressive.
(c) It was laughable.
(d) It was inconsequential.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Catherine masquerade as at a masque, appalling Henry?
2. Which of the following happened on the same day that Henry married Catherine Howard?
3. After his marriage to Anne, why was a message from the Pope never received by Henry?
4. What item did Anne insist on having after her daughter's birth that Katherine would not give her?
5. Who did Henry expect to meet with on the Progress trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Henry arrange to go on a pilgrimage, taking along many of the men from his Court?
2. After marrying Anne, what message did Henry receive from the Pope?
3. What health problem attacked Henry after he celebrated Christmas with Catherine Howard?
4. What accusations against Catherine Howard were collected by Thomas Cranmer?
5. How did the public react to Anne Boleyn?
6. How did Henry and Anne feel about the birth of their first child?
7. Why did Henry begin to suspect Anne Boleyn was a witch?
8. What information did Cranmer collect about Anne in order to end Henry's marriage to her?
9. After marrying her, what did Henry discover about Anne of Cleves?
10. After the death of Henry's sister, Mary, who did her widower, Brandon, intend to marry?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)