|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Katherine said she would enter a convent and become a nun only if Henry did what?
(a) Disinherited Mary.
(b) Allowed her to keep her title.
(c) Took the vow of a monk.
(d) Disposed of Anne Boleyn.
2. How long did Henry say he remained celibate as he awaited a decision on his annulment request?
(a) Six years.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Six days.
(d) Six months.
3. Who was Will Somers?
(a) King Henry's doorward.
(b) King Henry's organist.
(c) King Henry's Court fool.
(d) King Henry's almoner.
4. How long did Wolsey promise Bessie she could live with her son, Henry Fitzroy?
(a) Only until he was weaned.
(b) Only until a legitimate male heir to the throne was born.
(c) Only until Henry divorced Katherine.
(d) Only until Henry Fitzroy was ten-years-old.
5. What did Wolsey arrange when a new organist came to Court?
(a) A banquet in honor of the Queen.
(b) The organist's assassination.
(c) The organist to have a private audience with the King.
(d) A concert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news did Will Somers tell Catherine about her parentage at the beginning of the book?
2. What health problem did Henry's father develop?
3. What did Katherine announce as the first anniversary of her and Henry's coronation approaches?
4. Whose son did Wolsey arrange for Bessie to marry?
5. Which of the following did Henry say he would NOT make Anne Boleyn become?
Short Essay Questions
1. What health problem did Henry's father develop, and how did Henry feel about the possibility that his father would die?
2. Why did Thomas More refuse to accept a gift of an astrolabe from Henry?
3. Why was Henry angered by the refusal by Anne Boleyn's father to allow his daughter to return to Court?
4. Why was the legitimacy of Henry's daughter, Mary, questioned when Henry began trying to arrange a marriage for her?
5. What information did Wolsey give Henry about the possibility of divorcing Katherine?
6. What deal did Henry's sister, Mary, make with him as she was forced to marry King Louis of France?
7. After Henry became King, what gift did King Louis of France send to him during Christmas, and how did Henry react to it?
8. How did Henry come to give Will Somers the position of jester in his Court?
9. Why was Katherine forced by Henry to renounce her father?
10. For what reasons were Henry and his brother Arthur envious of each other?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)