|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Henry decide to knight his son, Henry Fitzroy?
(a) Because Henry Fitzroy's mother insisted.
(b) Because having a daughter as his heir would cause turmoil.
(c) To stop people from treating Henry Fitzroy with disrespect.
(d) To make it possible for Henry Fitzroy to live at Court.
2. Henry took his army to war with which country?
3. What was the name of the baby born of Katherine's fourth pregnancy?
4. When he realized his Council was still acting for the dead king and not him, what type of man did Henry seek to add to his Council?
(a) One who would influence the other members.
(b) One who would take over his responsibilities as King.
(c) One who would be loyal only to him.
(d) One who would act as a saboteur.
5. Who was Bessie Blount?
(a) Henry's childhood nurse.
(b) A woman Henry took as a mistress.
(c) A Tudor cousin.
(d) A popular singer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the Boleyn family home?
2. When he became interested in Anne Boleyn, what did Henry order Wolsey to do?
3. Henry stated that when growing up, the young men around him didn't realize he was heir to the throne. What does Will Somers interject is the tendency of most kings?
4. After becoming king-apparent, how did the public react to Henry?
5. How old was Henry's son, Henry Fitzroy, when he was knighted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What health problem did Henry's father develop, and how did Henry feel about the possibility that his father would die?
2. How did Katherine's first pregnancy end, and what happened to the child?
3. After Henry became King, what gift did King Louis of France send to him during Christmas, and how did Henry react to it?
4. How did Henry come to give Will Somers the position of jester in his Court?
5. What information did Wolsey give Henry about the possibility of divorcing Katherine?
6. For what reasons were Henry and his brother Arthur envious of each other?
7. At age eleven, how did Henry feel about being betrothed to Katherine of Aragon?
8. Why was the legitimacy of Henry's daughter, Mary, questioned when Henry began trying to arrange a marriage for her?
9. What did Henry discover about Wolsey at the Lark's Morning inn?
10. Describe Henry and Katherine's wedding.
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)