|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the baby born of Katherine's fourth pregnancy?
2. What news did Will Somers tell Catherine about her parentage at the beginning of the book?
(a) Catherine is King Henry's daughter.
(b) Catherine is Cardinal Wolsey's daughter.
(c) Catherine is Elizabeth Tudor's daughter.
(d) Catherine is King Francis I's daughter.
3. In what year did Henry VIII die?
4. How long did Wolsey promise Bessie she could live with her son, Henry Fitzroy?
(a) Only until he was weaned.
(b) Only until a legitimate male heir to the throne was born.
(c) Only until Henry Fitzroy was ten-years-old.
(d) Only until Henry divorced Katherine.
5. What ailment caused Katherine constant pain by the time she was forty-years-old?
(a) A bad back.
(b) A festering sore.
(d) A lame leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. After taking over the Privy Council, what did Henry discover that two of his father's financial officers had been doing?
2. Who was Thomas Wolsey?
3. What did Henry say brought him to Katherine's bed?
4. What did Wolsey arrange when a new organist came to Court?
5. Who became Chancellor after the death of Cardinal Wolsey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information did Wolsey give Henry about the possibility of divorcing Katherine?
2. How did Henry come to give Will Somers the position of jester in his Court?
3. Who did Wolsey arrange for Bessie Blount to marry, and what worried Henry about this arrangement?
4. What did Henry discover about Wolsey at the Lark's Morning inn?
5. At age eleven, how did Henry feel about being betrothed to Katherine of Aragon?
6. Why was Henry angered by the refusal by Anne Boleyn's father to allow his daughter to return to Court?
7. What was significant about the letter Henry received from the King of France right after becoming King?
8. Why was Katherine forced by Henry to renounce her father?
9. Why did Henry decide to have his son, Henry Fitzroy, brought to Court and knighted?
10. How did Katherine's first pregnancy end, and what happened to the child?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)