|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the Boleyn family home?
(a) Grosmont Castle.
(b) Hever Castle.
(c) Newbury Castle.
(d) Hampton Court.
2. After learning about Wolsey's sons, why did Henry have hatred for God?
(a) God took Henry's own son but let Wolsey's bastard sons live in health.
(b) He found that men in God's service were always corrupt.
(c) Henry felt God granted Wolsey more power than he had even as King.
(d) Henry blamed God for luring Wolsey into a disgusting arrangement.
3. How old was Henry when he became betrothed for the first time?
(a) Nineteen years old.
(b) Twenty-three years old.
(c) Eleven years old.
(d) Fifteen years old.
4. Who did Henry ask to marry him after his father's death?
(a) Bessie Blount.
(b) Catherine Parr.
(c) Katherine of Aragon.
(d) Mary Boleyn.
5. What health problem did Henry's father develop?
(a) A pestering sore.
(b) A chronic back problem.
(c) Chronic coughing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift did Henry try to give More when he found out about his interest in the stars and constellations?
2. Katherine was left to rule England while Henry was at war, even though which country was making threats?
3. The relationship between England and which country is described as tenuous?
4. After taking over the Privy Council, what did Henry discover that two of his father's financial officers had been doing?
5. What role did Henry note his father never assigned to any of his councilmen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the public response to Henry when he inherited the throne?
2. What did Henry invite commoners to do at the christening party for his son, Henry?
3. For what reasons were Henry and his brother Arthur envious of each other?
4. Who did Wolsey arrange for Bessie Blount to marry, and what worried Henry about this arrangement?
5. What was significant about the letter Henry received from the King of France right after becoming King?
6. Why was Katherine forced by Henry to renounce her father?
7. Why was the legitimacy of Henry's daughter, Mary, questioned when Henry began trying to arrange a marriage for her?
8. What information did Wolsey give Henry about the possibility of divorcing Katherine?
9. On what grounds was Henry's betrothal to Katherine annulled, and how did Henry feel about the situation?
10. Following his brother's death, what statement from Henry's mother was said to have had a lasting effect on him?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)