|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Henry say of the half-formed, stillborn child Katherine delivered during the Christmas season?
(a) It is without a soul.
(b) It is a punishment from God.
(c) It is the result of his wife's recklessness.
(d) It is the spawn of the devil.
2. Why did it anger Henry when Anne Boleyn's father refused to allow her to return to Court after Wolsey had ordered her away?
(a) It showed Henry that many people respected Wolsey's word more than his own.
(b) Anne Boleyn's father had a habit of disobeying Henry.
(c) Henry had special plans for Anne at Court.
(d) Henry had told Wolsey not to order her away.
3. How soon did Henry's son (Henry) with Katherine die after birth?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Two years.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two months.
4. What gift did Henry try to give More when he found out about his interest in the stars and constellations?
(a) An astrolabe.
(b) A moon-shaped brooch.
(c) A telescope.
(d) An observatory.
5. Why did Henry begin to seek an annulment from Katherine?
(a) Anne refused to lay with a married man.
(b) Henry had recurring dreams where Anne was Queen.
(c) Katherine repulsed him.
(d) Katherine was ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Henry's son, Henry Fitzroy, when he was knighted?
2. Where did Henry's brother, Arthur, die?
3. Who did Henry hear Will Somers sharing crude observations with?
4. How old was Henry when his father died?
5. On what day were Katherine and Henry crowned at Westminster Abbey?
Short Essay Questions
1. On what grounds was Henry's betrothal to Katherine annulled, and how did Henry feel about the situation?
2. For what reasons were Henry and his brother Arthur envious of each other?
3. At the beginning of the novel, who does Will Somers carry out a correspondence with, and what news does he share in his letters?
4. How did Henry say things changed between he and Katherine after the death of their first child?
5. What health problem did Henry's father develop, and how did Henry feel about the possibility that his father would die?
6. Describe Henry and Katherine's wedding.
7. At age eleven, how did Henry feel about being betrothed to Katherine of Aragon?
8. What prompted Henry to send Anne Boleyn back to her family home, Hever?
9. Why did Henry decide to have his son, Henry Fitzroy, brought to Court and knighted?
10. What deal did Henry's sister, Mary, make with him as she was forced to marry King Louis of France?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)