|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Henry say of the half-formed, stillborn child Katherine delivered during the Christmas season?
(a) It is a punishment from God.
(b) It is the spawn of the devil.
(c) It is without a soul.
(d) It is the result of his wife's recklessness.
2. Katherine was left to rule England while Henry was at war, even though which country was making threats?
3. What did More insist he would have to say if Henry presented him with a gift?
(a) Thou shalt not make for yourself an idol.
(b) Get thee behind me Satan.
(c) Four Hail Marys.
(d) Thank you.
4. How long did Wolsey promise Bessie she could live with her son, Henry Fitzroy?
(a) Only until he was weaned.
(b) Only until a legitimate male heir to the throne was born.
(c) Only until Henry divorced Katherine.
(d) Only until Henry Fitzroy was ten-years-old.
5. What did Wolsey arrange when a new organist came to Court?
(a) A banquet in honor of the Queen.
(b) The organist's assassination.
(c) The organist to have a private audience with the King.
(d) A concert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Henry say he would NOT make Anne Boleyn become?
2. How did Henry's mother die?
3. After hearing Will Somers making crude observations, what position did Henry offer Will in his Court?
4. When he realized his Council was still acting for the dead king and not him, what type of man did Henry seek to add to his Council?
5. When his father died, how did Henry feel about becoming king?
Short Essay Questions
1. At age eleven, how did Henry feel about being betrothed to Katherine of Aragon?
2. What was significant about the letter Henry received from the King of France right after becoming King?
3. What deal did Henry's sister, Mary, make with him as she was forced to marry King Louis of France?
4. For what reasons were Henry and his brother Arthur envious of each other?
5. On what grounds was Henry's betrothal to Katherine annulled, and how did Henry feel about the situation?
6. After becoming King, what did Henry learn about two of his father's financial officers, and how did he deal with the situation?
7. Following his brother's death, what statement from Henry's mother was said to have had a lasting effect on him?
8. Why was the legitimacy of Henry's daughter, Mary, questioned when Henry began trying to arrange a marriage for her?
9. What health problem did Henry's father develop, and how did Henry feel about the possibility that his father would die?
10. At the beginning of the novel, who does Will Somers carry out a correspondence with, and what news does he share in his letters?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)