|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Catherine and Henry celebrate at Hampton?
(a) New Year's.
(b) Their marriage.
2. Who did Catherine masquerade as at a masque, appalling Henry?
(a) A devil.
(b) An angel.
(d) The Virgin Mary.
3. What was served at the Valentine's Day banquet that Henry held the day after Catherine's execution?
(a) Pig hearts.
(b) A replica of Henry and Catherine's wedding cake.
(c) Foods in shades of red and white.
(d) Strictly food which Catherine detested.
4. Who did Henry arrange to perform Anne's execution?
(a) A relative of Anne.
(b) Thomas Cranmer.
(c) He chooses to do it himself.
(d) A French swordsman.
5. What did Henry instruct Cromwell to do about Anne when he returned to London from the country?
(a) Keep her away from their baby.
(b) Keep a close eye on her.
(c) Lock her up in the dungeon.
(d) Find a way for him to divorce Anne.
6. As he was seeking his annulment, who did Henry become estranged from?
(a) His son, Henry Fitzroy.
(b) His sister, Margaret.
(c) His mistress, Anne Boleyn.
(d) His daughter, Mary.
7. What item did Anne insist on having after her daughter's birth that Katherine would not give her?
(a) Mary's baby quilt.
(b) Mary's silver spoon.
(c) Mary's christening gown.
(d) Mary's crown.
8. Where did Henry and Anne get married?
(a) Buckingham Palace.
(b) Windsor Castle.
(c) Winchester Cathedral.
(d) Bridewell Palace.
9. What did Henry realize about how Anne carried herself after marrying her?
(a) Anne was truly a commoner.
(b) Anne was a distinguished lady.
(c) Anne was driven by power.
(d) Anne was scared and nervous.
10. What did the Pope threaten Henry with if he did not return to Katherine?
(c) Eternal damnation.
11. In which month did Henry and Anne get married?
12. What did Henry discover about Anne of Cleves after marrying her?
(a) She could speak excellent English.
(b) She had apparently had a child.
(c) She was much handsomer than her portrait suggested.
(d) She was much younger than he had thought.
13. Who did Brandon announce he would marry?
(a) The girl who was betrothed to his son.
(b) Henry Fitzroy's fiancee.
(c) Henry's daughter, Mary.
(d) Anne Boleyn.
14. After his marriage to Anne, why was a message from the Pope never received by Henry?
(a) Henry burned the message before reading it.
(b) The messenger was killed by Anne's men.
(c) The messenger lost the message.
(d) He refused to see the messenger.
15. On what grounds was Henry's marriage to Anne of Cleves annulled?
(a) Henry claimed it was never consummated.
(b) Anne of Cleves was barren.
(c) Anne of Cleves was already married.
(d) Anne of Cleves had children she did not tell the King about.
Short Answer Questions
1. After sleeping together, what title did Henry promise to elevate Anne Boleyn to?
2. After NOT being granted his annulment, what did Henry prepare to do?
3. Which of the following happened on the same day that Henry married Catherine Howard?
4. Who was Thomas Culpepper?
5. What did the Spanish minister, Chapuys, urge Henry to do for Mary?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)