|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Henry attempted to have his marriage annulled, who did Anne Boleyn claim made a threat on her life?
(a) A mob of angry women.
(b) Cardinal Wolsey.
(c) Will Somers.
(d) Katherine of Aragon.
2. Who did Henry go to visit on the night of a lunar eclipse?
(a) Thomas More.
(b) Katherine of Aragon.
(c) Mary Tudor.
(d) Charles Brandon.
3. What item did Anne insist on having after her daughter's birth that Katherine would not give her?
(a) Mary's christening gown.
(b) Mary's crown.
(c) Mary's silver spoon.
(d) Mary's baby quilt.
4. What was the name of the son Jane Seymour gave birth to?
5. What kind of literature did Henry discover in Cromwell's rooms?
6. After sleeping together, what title did Henry promise to elevate Anne Boleyn to?
(a) Marquess of Bath.
(b) Marquess of Winchester.
(c) Marquess of Salisbury.
(d) Marquess of Pembroke.
7. What would happen to those who did not sign the oath declaring the true heir to the throne?
(a) They would be whipped.
(b) They would be banished from the King's Court.
(c) They would be stripped of their title.
(d) They would be guilty of treason.
8. Which of the following describes Henry and Anne's marriage ceremony?
9. After NOT being granted his annulment, what did Henry prepare to do?
(a) Break England's ties with the Church in Rome.
(b) Reconcile with Katherine of Aragon.
(c) Reopen the trial.
(d) Go to war with Rome.
10. On what day did Henry publicly announce that he and Anne were married?
(b) Valentine's Day.
(c) New Year's Day.
(d) Christmas Eve.
11. Agitated by Catherine's death, who did Henry send for to share Mass and a meal with him?
(a) The Widow Parr.
(b) Charles Brandon.
(c) Mary Tudor.
(d) Will Somers.
12. What did Henry believe he saw on Valentine's night, the day after Catherine's execution?
(a) A sign from God that he did the right thing.
(b) His future wife.
(c) Catherine's family weeping in the garden.
(d) Catherine's ghost.
13. Upon Henry's return to London, an oath declaring someone as the true heir to the throne was circulated. Who was the person named in that oath?
(a) Henry Fitzroy.
(c) Charles Brandon.
14. What did Henry take from the priory at St. Oswerth's?
(b) His best workers.
(d) An ancient religious text.
15. Where did Henry and Anne get married?
(a) Bridewell Palace.
(b) Windsor Castle.
(c) Winchester Cathedral.
(d) Buckingham Palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Henry depicted in a book that was written about Catherine Howard's life?
2. Who was Charles Brandon?
3. What did Henry learn Katherine had appealed to the Pope to do?
4. How long did Henry give Thomas More and Bishop John Fisher to change their minds about signing the oath declaring the true heir to the throne?
5. How did Jane Seymour die?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)