|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what grounds was Henry's marriage to Anne of Cleves annulled?
(a) Anne of Cleves had children she did not tell the King about.
(b) Henry claimed it was never consummated.
(c) Anne of Cleves was barren.
(d) Anne of Cleves was already married.
2. Which of Anne's physical characteristics did Henry come to think of as the mark of a witch?
(a) A birthmark on her neck.
(b) A mole on her stomach.
(c) Her webbed feet.
(d) An extra finger "nub".
3. Who did Henry say Catherine slept with while he was out hunting?
(a) Thomas Wyatt.
(b) Charles Brandon.
(c) Her cousin, Thomas.
(d) Her first love, John.
4. Why was Henry tied to his bed after learning the truth about Catherine's past?
(a) To stop him from hurting others.
(b) To keep him from disturbing the trial.
(c) To keep him from marrying again.
(d) To stop him from hurting himself.
5. What item did Anne insist on having after her daughter's birth that Katherine would not give her?
(a) Mary's baby quilt.
(b) Mary's silver spoon.
(c) Mary's christening gown.
(d) Mary's crown.
6. What did Henry take from the priory at St. Oswerth's?
(a) An ancient religious text.
(b) His best workers.
7. What did Henry believe he saw on Valentine's night, the day after Catherine's execution?
(a) Catherine's ghost.
(b) A sign from God that he did the right thing.
(c) Catherine's family weeping in the garden.
(d) His future wife.
8. What did Henry tell the Council he would rather regard Anne of Cleves as than his wife?
9. Henry had an attack where he lost consciousness for days. What caused this attack?
(a) The festering sore on his leg.
(b) A concussion.
(c) A parasitic infection.
(d) A fever.
10. What did the Spanish minister, Chapuys, urge Henry to do for Mary?
(a) Find Mary a husband.
(b) Send Mary to a convent.
(c) Invite Mary to the King's Court.
(d) Allow Mary to marry for love.
11. What did Catherine and Henry celebrate at Hampton?
(b) Their marriage.
(c) New Year's.
12. What did Henry instruct Cromwell to do about Anne when he returned to London from the country?
(a) Lock her up in the dungeon.
(b) Keep her away from their baby.
(c) Find a way for him to divorce Anne.
(d) Keep a close eye on her.
13. On what day did Henry publicly announce that he and Anne were married?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(c) Valentine's Day.
(d) New Year's Day.
14. What did the Pope threaten Henry with if he did not return to Katherine?
(a) Eternal damnation.
15. What was served at the Valentine's Day banquet that Henry held the day after Catherine's execution?
(a) Strictly food which Catherine detested.
(b) A replica of Henry and Catherine's wedding cake.
(c) Foods in shades of red and white.
(d) Pig hearts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Anne isolated from men during the last month of her pregnancy?
2. After his marriage to Anne, why was a message from the Pope never received by Henry?
3. In Tudor England, how long was the acceptable length of time for deep mourning?
4. In which month did Henry and Anne get married?
5. Who did Brandon announce he would marry?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)