|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what grounds was Henry's marriage to Anne of Cleves annulled?
(a) Anne of Cleves was barren.
(b) Anne of Cleves had children she did not tell the King about.
(c) Henry claimed it was never consummated.
(d) Anne of Cleves was already married.
2. Upon Henry's return to London, an oath declaring someone as the true heir to the throne was circulated. Who was the person named in that oath?
(b) Charles Brandon.
(d) Henry Fitzroy.
3. Who did Henry expect to meet with on the Progress trip?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The King of France.
(c) His children.
(d) His nephew, King James of Scotland.
4. What kind of literature did Henry discover in Cromwell's rooms?
5. Who was named as one of Anne's supposed lovers?
(a) Her brother, George.
(b) Charles Brandon.
(c) Henry's page.
(d) Will Somers.
6. How did Jane Seymour die?
(a) From scarlet fever.
(b) Following childbirth.
(c) Sweating sickness.
(d) She was poisoned.
7. In Tudor England, how long was the acceptable length of time for deep mourning?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Two years.
(d) A year.
8. After learning that Edward was ill, what condition did Henry find his son in when he visited him?
(a) Very overweight.
9. As he was seeking his annulment, where did Henry travel to, this time taking Anne along with him?
10. Where did Henry and Anne get married?
(a) Winchester Cathedral.
(b) Windsor Castle.
(c) Buckingham Palace.
(d) Bridewell Palace.
11. On what day did Henry publicly announce that he and Anne were married?
(a) New Year's Day.
(c) Valentine's Day.
(d) Christmas Eve.
12. What was the name of the daughter Anne gave birth to?
13. What would happen to those who did not sign the oath declaring the true heir to the throne?
(a) They would be guilty of treason.
(b) They would be whipped.
(c) They would be banished from the King's Court.
(d) They would be stripped of their title.
14. Why did Thomas More resign from his role as Chancellor?
(a) He wanted to spend more time with his family.
(b) He could not work with the erratic King.
(c) He was too ill to take on the duties.
(d) He could not embrace Henry's policies.
15. Why was Henry tied to his bed after learning the truth about Catherine's past?
(a) To keep him from disturbing the trial.
(b) To keep him from marrying again.
(c) To stop him from hurting others.
(d) To stop him from hurting himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. While visiting her daughter, what did Mary beg Henry for?
2. What did Will say Henry did not realize about himself as he sought out women to marry?
3. What did Henry think about Katherine's appeal to the Pope?
4. Who was Thomas Culpepper?
5. What was served at the Valentine's Day banquet that Henry held the day after Catherine's execution?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)