|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To accommodate the meeting between Henry and Francis in France, what was largely used to construct two cities?
(c) Papier mache.
2. The book begins with a series of letters written between Will Somers and whom?
(a) Catherine Buckley.
(b) Catherine Peabody.
(c) Catherine Montclaire.
(d) Catherine Knollys.
3. After becoming king-apparent, how did the public react to Henry?
(a) With amusement.
(b) With wild enthusiasm.
(c) With worry over his age.
(d) With disapproval.
4. Henry stated that when growing up, the young men around him didn't realize he was heir to the throne. What does Will Somers interject is the tendency of most kings?
(a) To humble themselves.
(b) To kid themselves.
(c) To punish themselves.
(d) To delude themselves.
5. Who was Thomas Wolsey?
(a) The man Henry chose after becoming king to add to his council.
(b) Henry's uncle.
(c) The top official of Henry's army.
(d) A writer of heretic literature.
6. Who did Henry meet in France and have return with him to England to become his mistress?
(a) Mary Boleyn.
(b) Margaret Holland.
(c) Anne Brandon.
(d) Catherine Howard.
7. What does Will Somers say is brought into question by the deaths of Henry's sons?
(a) Katherine's health.
(b) Whether Katherine is cursed.
(c) Henry's masculinity.
(d) The conditions of the castle.
8. How long did Henry say he remained celibate as he awaited a decision on his annulment request?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Six years.
(c) Six days.
(d) Six months.
9. Why did Henry want to marry by private ceremony before his coronation?
(a) So that he and his wife could be crowned together.
(b) So that the Privy Council had no involvement in choosing his bride.
(c) So that he could marry as a common man.
(d) So that the public could not object to his bride.
10. How soon after the coronation did Katherine become pregnant?
(a) Six months.
(b) One month.
(c) One year.
(d) Three months.
11. How old was Henry when he became betrothed for the first time?
(a) Fifteen years old.
(b) Nineteen years old.
(c) Twenty-three years old.
(d) Eleven years old.
12. When his father died, how did Henry feel about becoming king?
13. Who did Henry ask to marry him after his father's death?
(a) Catherine Parr.
(b) Mary Boleyn.
(c) Bessie Blount.
(d) Katherine of Aragon.
14. Why did Henry begin to seek an annulment from Katherine?
(a) Anne refused to lay with a married man.
(b) Henry had recurring dreams where Anne was Queen.
(c) Katherine was ill.
(d) Katherine repulsed him.
15. What health problem did Henry's father develop?
(a) Chronic coughing.
(b) A chronic back problem.
(c) A pestering sore.
Short Answer Questions
1. After being introduced to Thomas More, where did he and Henry spend an evening together?
2. Who did Henry say was visibly relieved by his first marriage?
3. How did young Henry refer to his intended bride?
4. Where did Henry's brother, Arthur, die?
5. Who did Henry hear Will Somers sharing crude observations with?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)