|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Henry meet in France and have return with him to England to become his mistress?
(a) Mary Boleyn.
(b) Catherine Howard.
(c) Anne Brandon.
(d) Margaret Holland.
2. How soon did Henry's son (Henry) with Katherine die after birth?
(a) Two years.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two weeks.
3. How did Henry say his mother treated him as a child?
(a) She payed him little attention.
(b) She worked to build up his confidence.
(c) She mistrusted him.
(d) She doted on him.
4. Henry noted that Francis had purchased a painting by which artist?
(a) Hans Holbein.
(c) Leonardo da Vinci.
(d) Albrecht Dürer.
5. What did Wolsey arrange when a new organist came to Court?
(a) A concert.
(b) The organist's assassination.
(c) The organist to have a private audience with the King.
(d) A banquet in honor of the Queen.
6. What did Henry offer to his illegitimate son and the boy's mother?
(b) To provide for them financially.
(c) A place at Court.
(d) To keep his relationship with them secret.
7. As a child, what did Henry's mother have planned for his adult life?
(a) He would serve his brother.
(b) He would go abroad and marry a princess.
(c) He would enter the priesthood.
(d) He would join the military.
8. When Katherine accompanied Henry to a meeting with Francis, what did Francis later say of her looks?
(a) That she was horse-faced.
(b) That she was the most handsome woman he had seen.
(c) That she looked old.
(d) That her looks rivaled Helen of Troy's.
9. At age fourteen, why did Henry sign an annulment to his betrothal?
(a) On the grounds that the union would be incestuous.
(b) On the grounds that the union was treasonous.
(c) On the grounds that the bride-to-be was ill.
(d) On the grounds that the union no longer satisfied the parties involved.
10. After becoming king-apparent, how did the public react to Henry?
(a) With amusement.
(b) With worry over his age.
(c) With disapproval.
(d) With wild enthusiasm.
11. Which of Henry's brothers was heir to become king before him?
12. What did Will Somers send to Catherine, even though she did not want it?
(a) Her mother's necklace.
(b) Her father's Bible.
(c) Her father's journal.
(d) Her mother's wedding ring.
13. Who was Will Somers?
(a) King Henry's organist.
(b) King Henry's doorward.
(c) King Henry's Court fool.
(d) King Henry's almoner.
14. What was Henry's father's final piece of advice to Henry before dying?
(a) To never forget that a king's word is most powerful.
(b) That kings can have no friends.
(c) That he should have eyes in the back of his head.
(d) To remember that you are a man as well as a king.
15. Why did Henry decide to knight his son, Henry Fitzroy?
(a) Because having a daughter as his heir would cause turmoil.
(b) To make it possible for Henry Fitzroy to live at Court.
(c) Because Henry Fitzroy's mother insisted.
(d) To stop people from treating Henry Fitzroy with disrespect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Henry pour lots of money into doing after taking over the Privy Council?
2. What ailment caused Katherine constant pain by the time she was forty-years-old?
3. To accommodate the meeting between Henry and Francis in France, what did workmen have removed from the site?
4. How old was Henry's son, Henry Fitzroy, when he was knighted?
5. What did Henry name his daughter, born of Katherine's sixth pregnancy?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)