|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At age fourteen, why did Henry sign an annulment to his betrothal?
(a) On the grounds that the bride-to-be was ill.
(b) On the grounds that the union was treasonous.
(c) On the grounds that the union would be incestuous.
(d) On the grounds that the union no longer satisfied the parties involved.
2. When his father died, how did Henry feel about becoming king?
3. Who married a Spanish princess when Henry was ten-years-old?
(a) The French King.
(d) Henry's father.
4. After learning about Wolsey's sons, why did Henry have hatred for God?
(a) He found that men in God's service were always corrupt.
(b) Henry felt God granted Wolsey more power than he had even as King.
(c) Henry blamed God for luring Wolsey into a disgusting arrangement.
(d) God took Henry's own son but let Wolsey's bastard sons live in health.
5. What did Henry vow to do for his country on the day of his coronation?
(a) Everything he could.
(b) Make it wealthy.
(c) Bring peace to the people.
(d) Conquer the world in England's name.
6. To which group did Henry offer financial support after taking over the Privy Council?
(a) The clergy.
(c) The military.
7. The relationship between England and which country is described as tenuous?
8. Which of Henry's brothers was heir to become king before him?
9. How old was Henry when he became betrothed for the first time?
(a) Nineteen years old.
(b) Eleven years old.
(c) Twenty-three years old.
(d) Fifteen years old.
10. What health problem did Henry's father develop?
(a) A chronic back problem.
(b) A pestering sore.
(d) Chronic coughing.
11. After his brother's death, what statement did Henry admit "colors his entire life"?
(a) That power is an aphrodesiac.
(b) That death is "hungry" for the heir to the throne.
(c) That family has no meaning for a monarch.
(d) That a king can have no friends.
12. Who did Henry meet in France and have return with him to England to become his mistress?
(a) Margaret Holland.
(b) Anne Brandon.
(c) Mary Boleyn.
(d) Catherine Howard.
13. What was Henry's father's final piece of advice to Henry before dying?
(a) To remember that you are a man as well as a king.
(b) That he should have eyes in the back of his head.
(c) That kings can have no friends.
(d) To never forget that a king's word is most powerful.
14. The book begins with a series of letters written between Will Somers and whom?
(a) Catherine Knollys.
(b) Catherine Montclaire.
(c) Catherine Buckley.
(d) Catherine Peabody.
15. Why was Henry enraged to find out Wolsey had had an affair and had two sons?
(a) Wolsey had promised Henry he had no family.
(b) Wolsey was married to Henry's sister.
(c) Wolsey was a eunich.
(d) Wolsey was a priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. After being introduced to Thomas More, where did he and Henry spend an evening together?
2. What was the name of the baby born of Katherine's fourth pregnancy?
3. Katherine said she would enter a convent and become a nun only if Henry did what?
4. Why did Henry decide to knight his son, Henry Fitzroy?
5. When Katherine accompanied Henry to a meeting with Francis, what did Francis later say of her looks?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)