|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At age fourteen, why did Henry sign an annulment to his betrothal?
(a) On the grounds that the bride-to-be was ill.
(b) On the grounds that the union no longer satisfied the parties involved.
(c) On the grounds that the union was treasonous.
(d) On the grounds that the union would be incestuous.
2. What health problem did Henry's father develop?
(b) A chronic back problem.
(c) A pestering sore.
(d) Chronic coughing.
3. Henry took his army to war with which country?
4. How soon did Henry's son (Henry) with Katherine die after birth?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two hours.
5. When he realized his Council was still acting for the dead king and not him, what type of man did Henry seek to add to his Council?
(a) One who would act as a saboteur.
(b) One who would influence the other members.
(c) One who would take over his responsibilities as King.
(d) One who would be loyal only to him.
6. What news did Will Somers tell Catherine about her parentage at the beginning of the book?
(a) Catherine is King Henry's daughter.
(b) Catherine is Elizabeth Tudor's daughter.
(c) Catherine is Cardinal Wolsey's daughter.
(d) Catherine is King Francis I's daughter.
7. Which of Henry's brothers was heir to become king before him?
8. Whose son did Wolsey arrange for Bessie to marry?
(a) Lord Tyndale.
(b) Lord Winchester.
(c) Lord Marshal.
(d) Lord Kyme.
9. How long did Wolsey promise Bessie she could live with her son, Henry Fitzroy?
(a) Only until he was weaned.
(b) Only until Henry Fitzroy was ten-years-old.
(c) Only until Henry divorced Katherine.
(d) Only until a legitimate male heir to the throne was born.
10. During Christmas festivities, what did Henry receive from the King of France?
(a) A dead songbird.
(b) A silver harp.
(c) A rancid meat pie.
(d) A bejewelled sword.
11. How old was Henry when he became betrothed for the first time?
(a) Eleven years old.
(b) Twenty-three years old.
(c) Fifteen years old.
(d) Nineteen years old.
12. Henry noted that Francis had purchased a painting by which artist?
(b) Hans Holbein.
(c) Leonardo da Vinci.
(d) Albrecht Dürer.
13. After being introduced to Thomas More, where did he and Henry spend an evening together?
(a) At a hunting lodge.
(b) In Henry's library.
(c) In Henry's rooftop observatory.
(d) At a country pub.
14. Who was Thomas Wolsey?
(a) Henry's uncle.
(b) A writer of heretic literature.
(c) The top official of Henry's army.
(d) The man Henry chose after becoming king to add to his council.
15. What happened to the third child Katherine delivered?
(a) It was stillborn.
(b) It was born deformed and taken away.
(c) It was healthy.
(d) It was born too early and dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry stated that when growing up, the young men around him didn't realize he was heir to the throne. What does Will Somers interject is the tendency of most kings?
2. During what festivities did Henry first see Anne Boleyn?
3. What self-penned book did More present Henry with at Christmas?
4. Who became Chancellor after the death of Cardinal Wolsey?
5. What did Henry name the child that his mistress gave birth to?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)