|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters LVII through LXXXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Henry arranged a tryst with Anne, what excuse for not meeting him did Anne send to Henry in a note?
(a) She could not disrespect the Queen by meeting him.
(b) She was ill.
(c) Her father disapproved of her meeting the King.
(d) She feared for her integrity if she met him.
2. How did Jane Seymour die?
(a) Sweating sickness.
(b) From scarlet fever.
(c) She was poisoned.
(d) Following childbirth.
3. Who became Chancellor after the death of Cardinal Wolsey?
(a) Thomas Cromwell.
(b) Thomas Cranmer.
(c) Charles Brandon.
(d) Thomas More.
4. After his brother's death, what statement did Henry admit "colors his entire life"?
(a) That family has no meaning for a monarch.
(b) That death is "hungry" for the heir to the throne.
(c) That a king can have no friends.
(d) That power is an aphrodesiac.
5. After his marriage to Anne, why was a message from the Pope never received by Henry?
(a) The messenger was killed by Anne's men.
(b) The messenger lost the message.
(c) He refused to see the messenger.
(d) Henry burned the message before reading it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How soon after the coronation did Katherine become pregnant?
2. What was St. Oswerth's?
3. How long did Wolsey promise Bessie she could live with her son, Henry Fitzroy?
4. Why was Henry enraged to find out Wolsey had had an affair and had two sons?
5. After instructing him to find out the costs of going to war, where did Henry find Wolsey staying?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)