|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters LVII through LXXXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Henry's father's final piece of advice to Henry before dying?
(a) To remember that you are a man as well as a king.
(b) That kings can have no friends.
(c) To never forget that a king's word is most powerful.
(d) That he should have eyes in the back of his head.
2. What did More insist he would have to say if Henry presented him with a gift?
(a) Thou shalt not make for yourself an idol.
(b) Four Hail Marys.
(c) Thank you.
(d) Get thee behind me Satan.
3. Katherine said she would enter a convent and become a nun only if Henry did what?
(a) Took the vow of a monk.
(b) Allowed her to keep her title.
(c) Disinherited Mary.
(d) Disposed of Anne Boleyn.
4. After instructing him to find out the costs of going to war, where did Henry find Wolsey staying?
(a) The Fox and Hound Inn.
(b) The Lark's Morning Inn.
(c) The Phoenix Claw Inn.
(d) The Rabbit's Ear Inn.
5. After taking over the Privy Council, what did Henry discover that two of his father's financial officers had been doing?
(a) Blackmailing his mother.
(b) Under-taxing the poor.
(c) Extorting money from the people.
(d) Spying for the French.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Henry say his mother treated him as a child?
2. Why did Henry decide to knight his son, Henry Fitzroy?
3. What lie did Anne tell to Henry some time after her first child was born?
4. How long did Wolsey promise Bessie she could live with her son, Henry Fitzroy?
5. After being introduced to Thomas More, where did he and Henry spend an evening together?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)