|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXVIII through XLI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After becoming king-apparent, why was Henry told he must limit his public appearances?
(a) To devote time to his new responsibilities.
(b) To give proper respect to mourning for his father.
(c) To maintain an air of mystery.
(d) To avoid dangerous situations.
2. Where did Henry's brother, Arthur, die?
(a) An Irish monastery.
(b) A Welsh castle.
(d) At home.
3. How did Henry's mother die?
(a) After childbirth.
(b) She was murdered.
(c) From tuberculosis.
(d) In a carriage accident.
4. What did Henry realize had happened when the King of France sent him a reply to a letter?
(a) That he must dismiss everyone on his Privy Council.
(b) That the French welcomed peace.
(c) That someone had forged Henry's name.
(d) That there was a spy in his Court.
5. Which of Henry's brothers was heir to become king before him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Bessie Blount?
2. What did Will Somers send to Catherine, even though she did not want it?
3. On what day were Katherine and Henry crowned at Westminster Abbey?
4. When he realized his Council was still acting for the dead king and not him, what type of man did Henry seek to add to his Council?
5. What did Henry name the child that his mistress gave birth to?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)