|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXVIII through XLI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Henry ask to marry him after his father's death?
(a) Catherine Parr.
(b) Bessie Blount.
(c) Katherine of Aragon.
(d) Mary Boleyn.
2. During Christmas festivities, what did Henry receive from the King of France?
(a) A bejewelled sword.
(b) A rancid meat pie.
(c) A silver harp.
(d) A dead songbird.
3. How did Henry's mother die?
(a) In a carriage accident.
(b) After childbirth.
(c) From tuberculosis.
(d) She was murdered.
4. After learning about Wolsey's sons, why did Henry have hatred for God?
(a) God took Henry's own son but let Wolsey's bastard sons live in health.
(b) Henry felt God granted Wolsey more power than he had even as King.
(c) He found that men in God's service were always corrupt.
(d) Henry blamed God for luring Wolsey into a disgusting arrangement.
5. After hearing Will Somers making crude observations, what position did Henry offer Will in his Court?
(a) Master of the hunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Henry pour lots of money into doing after taking over the Privy Council?
2. Why did Henry begin to seek an annulment from Katherine?
3. Henry took his army to war with which country?
4. As a child, what did Henry's mother have planned for his adult life?
5. Why did Henry want to marry by private ceremony before his coronation?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)