|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXVIII through XLI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Henry decide to knight his son, Henry Fitzroy?
(a) To make it possible for Henry Fitzroy to live at Court.
(b) Because Henry Fitzroy's mother insisted.
(c) To stop people from treating Henry Fitzroy with disrespect.
(d) Because having a daughter as his heir would cause turmoil.
2. To accommodate the meeting between Henry and Francis in France, what was largely used to construct two cities?
(c) Papier mache.
3. During what festivities did Henry first see Anne Boleyn?
(a) Knighting festivities.
(b) New Year festivities.
(c) Midsummer festivities.
(d) Christmas festivities.
4. After his brother's death, what statement did Henry admit "colors his entire life"?
(a) That a king can have no friends.
(b) That family has no meaning for a monarch.
(c) That death is "hungry" for the heir to the throne.
(d) That power is an aphrodesiac.
5. Who was Will Somers?
(a) King Henry's Court fool.
(b) King Henry's almoner.
(c) King Henry's organist.
(d) King Henry's doorward.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Christmas festivities, what did Henry receive from the King of France?
2. After becoming king-apparent, how did the public react to Henry?
3. For what reason did Henry justify the execution of his father's two financial officers?
4. What self-penned book did More present Henry with at Christmas?
5. Why did it anger Henry when Anne Boleyn's father refused to allow her to return to Court after Wolsey had ordered her away?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)