|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXVIII through XLI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After taking over the Privy Council, what did Henry discover that two of his father's financial officers had been doing?
(a) Extorting money from the people.
(b) Blackmailing his mother.
(c) Spying for the French.
(d) Under-taxing the poor.
2. To accommodate the meeting between Henry and Francis in France, what was largely used to construct two cities?
(a) Papier mache.
3. What did Wolsey arrange when a new organist came to Court?
(a) The organist's assassination.
(b) A concert.
(c) The organist to have a private audience with the King.
(d) A banquet in honor of the Queen.
4. How long did Wolsey promise Bessie she could live with her son, Henry Fitzroy?
(a) Only until Henry Fitzroy was ten-years-old.
(b) Only until he was weaned.
(c) Only until Henry divorced Katherine.
(d) Only until a legitimate male heir to the throne was born.
5. Who was Thomas Wolsey?
(a) The man Henry chose after becoming king to add to his council.
(b) Henry's uncle.
(c) The top official of Henry's army.
(d) A writer of heretic literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. The relationship between England and which country is described as tenuous?
2. How old was Henry when he became betrothed for the first time?
3. When Henry arranged a tryst with Anne, what excuse for not meeting him did Anne send to Henry in a note?
4. For what reason did Henry justify the execution of his father's two financial officers?
5. After being introduced to Thomas More, where did he and Henry spend an evening together?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)