|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XIV through XXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When his father died, how did Henry feel about becoming king?
2. What was the name of the baby born of Katherine's fourth pregnancy?
3. What news did Will Somers tell Catherine about her parentage at the beginning of the book?
(a) Catherine is King Francis I's daughter.
(b) Catherine is King Henry's daughter.
(c) Catherine is Elizabeth Tudor's daughter.
(d) Catherine is Cardinal Wolsey's daughter.
4. What did Henry realize had happened when the King of France sent him a reply to a letter?
(a) That there was a spy in his Court.
(b) That he must dismiss everyone on his Privy Council.
(c) That someone had forged Henry's name.
(d) That the French welcomed peace.
5. Who was Thomas Wolsey?
(a) A writer of heretic literature.
(b) Henry's uncle.
(c) The top official of Henry's army.
(d) The man Henry chose after becoming king to add to his council.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Katherine announce as the first anniversary of her and Henry's coronation approaches?
2. What did Henry learn pearls are symbolic of?
3. What did More insist he would have to say if Henry presented him with a gift?
4. After his brother's death, what statement did Henry admit "colors his entire life"?
5. Who married a Spanish princess when Henry was ten-years-old?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)