|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XIV through XXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Wolsey arrange when a new organist came to Court?
(a) The organist to have a private audience with the King.
(b) The organist's assassination.
(c) A concert.
(d) A banquet in honor of the Queen.
2. How did young Henry refer to his intended bride?
(a) As his brother's 'Spaniard'.
(b) As 'the widow.'
(c) As his brother's 'leavings'.
(d) As his 'darling'.
3. What did Henry offer to his illegitimate son and the boy's mother?
(a) To provide for them financially.
(c) To keep his relationship with them secret.
(d) A place at Court.
4. What was Henry's father's final piece of advice to Henry before dying?
(a) That he should have eyes in the back of his head.
(b) To never forget that a king's word is most powerful.
(c) To remember that you are a man as well as a king.
(d) That kings can have no friends.
5. What role did Henry note his father never assigned to any of his councilmen?
(a) First Minister.
(b) Head of State.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Henry say his mother treated him as a child?
2. When he realized his Council was still acting for the dead king and not him, what type of man did Henry seek to add to his Council?
3. Who was Will Somers?
4. How soon after the coronation did Katherine become pregnant?
5. Henry took his army to war with which country?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)