|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XIV through XXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day were Katherine and Henry crowned at Westminster Abbey?
(a) Midsummer's Day.
(b) St. Stephen's Day.
(c) Christmas Day.
2. What was the name of the baby born of Katherine's fourth pregnancy?
3. After becoming king-apparent, why was Henry told he must limit his public appearances?
(a) To give proper respect to mourning for his father.
(b) To devote time to his new responsibilities.
(c) To maintain an air of mystery.
(d) To avoid dangerous situations.
4. What did Henry realize had happened when the King of France sent him a reply to a letter?
(a) That someone had forged Henry's name.
(b) That the French welcomed peace.
(c) That he must dismiss everyone on his Privy Council.
(d) That there was a spy in his Court.
5. After becoming king-apparent, how did the public react to Henry?
(a) With worry over his age.
(b) With disapproval.
(c) With amusement.
(d) With wild enthusiasm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Henry name his daughter, born of Katherine's sixth pregnancy?
2. What did Henry name the child that his mistress gave birth to?
3. What did Henry say of the half-formed, stillborn child Katherine delivered during the Christmas season?
4. How soon did Henry's son (Henry) with Katherine die after birth?
5. When he realized his Council was still acting for the dead king and not him, what type of man did Henry seek to add to his Council?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)