|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters I through XIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Henry's brothers was heir to become king before him?
2. Where did Henry's brother, Arthur, die?
(a) An Irish monastery.
(b) A Welsh castle.
(c) At home.
3. Who was Will Somers?
(a) King Henry's organist.
(b) King Henry's doorward.
(c) King Henry's Court fool.
(d) King Henry's almoner.
4. Who married a Spanish princess when Henry was ten-years-old?
(b) The French King.
(d) Henry's father.
5. At age fourteen, why did Henry sign an annulment to his betrothal?
(a) On the grounds that the bride-to-be was ill.
(b) On the grounds that the union was treasonous.
(c) On the grounds that the union no longer satisfied the parties involved.
(d) On the grounds that the union would be incestuous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Henry want to marry by private ceremony before his coronation?
2. How old was Henry when his father died?
3. The book begins with a series of letters written between Will Somers and whom?
4. After becoming king-apparent, why was Henry told he must limit his public appearances?
5. After taking over the Privy Council, what did Henry discover that two of his father's financial officers had been doing?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)