|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters I through XIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Henry pour lots of money into doing after taking over the Privy Council?
(a) Acquiring art.
(b) Social services.
(c) Renovating castles.
(d) Building his navy.
2. After his brother's death, what statement did Henry admit "colors his entire life"?
(a) That power is an aphrodesiac.
(b) That death is "hungry" for the heir to the throne.
(c) That family has no meaning for a monarch.
(d) That a king can have no friends.
3. At age fourteen, why did Henry sign an annulment to his betrothal?
(a) On the grounds that the bride-to-be was ill.
(b) On the grounds that the union was treasonous.
(c) On the grounds that the union would be incestuous.
(d) On the grounds that the union no longer satisfied the parties involved.
4. After taking over the Privy Council, what did Henry discover that two of his father's financial officers had been doing?
(a) Under-taxing the poor.
(b) Extorting money from the people.
(c) Spying for the French.
(d) Blackmailing his mother.
5. What health problem did Henry's father develop?
(a) A chronic back problem.
(b) A pestering sore.
(c) Chronic coughing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did young Henry refer to his intended bride?
2. To which group did Henry offer financial support after taking over the Privy Council?
3. What news did Will Somers tell Catherine about her parentage at the beginning of the book?
4. How old was Henry when his father died?
5. The book begins with a series of letters written between Will Somers and whom?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)