|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters I through XIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Henry say his mother treated him as a child?
(a) She worked to build up his confidence.
(b) She doted on him.
(c) She mistrusted him.
(d) She payed him little attention.
2. What did Will Somers send to Catherine, even though she did not want it?
(a) Her mother's wedding ring.
(b) Her mother's necklace.
(c) Her father's journal.
(d) Her father's Bible.
3. What news did Will Somers tell Catherine about her parentage at the beginning of the book?
(a) Catherine is King Francis I's daughter.
(b) Catherine is Elizabeth Tudor's daughter.
(c) Catherine is King Henry's daughter.
(d) Catherine is Cardinal Wolsey's daughter.
4. In what year did Henry VIII die?
5. Which of Henry's brothers was heir to become king before him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Henry learn pearls are symbolic of?
2. As a child, what did Henry's mother have planned for his adult life?
3. Who was Will Somers?
4. Henry stated that when growing up, the young men around him didn't realize he was heir to the throne. What does Will Somers interject is the tendency of most kings?
5. What health problem did Henry's father develop?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)