|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters I through XIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Henry's father's final piece of advice to Henry before dying?
(a) That kings can have no friends.
(b) That he should have eyes in the back of his head.
(c) To remember that you are a man as well as a king.
(d) To never forget that a king's word is most powerful.
2. How old was Henry when his father died?
(a) Nine years old.
(b) Twelve years old.
(c) Fourteen years old.
(d) Seventeen years old.
3. Why did Henry want to marry by private ceremony before his coronation?
(a) So that the public could not object to his bride.
(b) So that he could marry as a common man.
(c) So that he and his wife could be crowned together.
(d) So that the Privy Council had no involvement in choosing his bride.
4. After taking over the Privy Council, what did Henry discover that two of his father's financial officers had been doing?
(a) Blackmailing his mother.
(b) Under-taxing the poor.
(c) Extorting money from the people.
(d) Spying for the French.
5. What did Henry learn pearls are symbolic of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Will Somers?
2. What health problem did Henry's father develop?
3. Which of Henry's brothers was heir to become king before him?
4. To which group did Henry offer financial support after taking over the Privy Council?
5. Henry stated that when growing up, the young men around him didn't realize he was heir to the throne. What does Will Somers interject is the tendency of most kings?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)