|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XIV through XXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Thomas Wolsey?
(a) The top official of Henry's army.
(b) A writer of heretic literature.
(c) Henry's uncle.
(d) The man Henry chose after becoming king to add to his council.
2. During Christmas festivities, what did Henry receive from the King of France?
(a) A bejewelled sword.
(b) A silver harp.
(c) A rancid meat pie.
(d) A dead songbird.
3. After learning about Wolsey's sons, why did Henry have hatred for God?
(a) Henry blamed God for luring Wolsey into a disgusting arrangement.
(b) He found that men in God's service were always corrupt.
(c) Henry felt God granted Wolsey more power than he had even as King.
(d) God took Henry's own son but let Wolsey's bastard sons live in health.
4. What was the name of the baby born of Katherine's fourth pregnancy?
5. What gift did Henry try to give More when he found out about his interest in the stars and constellations?
(a) An observatory.
(b) A moon-shaped brooch.
(c) A telescope.
(d) An astrolabe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Henry realize had happened when the King of France sent him a reply to a letter?
2. What happened to the third child Katherine delivered?
3. What does Will Somers say is brought into question by the deaths of Henry's sons?
4. What did Henry say brought him to Katherine's bed?
5. After being introduced to Thomas More, where did he and Henry spend an evening together?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)