|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XIV through XXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Katherine announce as the first anniversary of her and Henry's coronation approaches?
(a) She wanted a divorce.
(b) She was pregnant.
(c) Her father had died.
(d) She wanted to join a convent.
2. The book begins with a series of letters written between Will Somers and whom?
(a) Catherine Knollys.
(b) Catherine Montclaire.
(c) Catherine Peabody.
(d) Catherine Buckley.
3. What did Henry realize had happened when the King of France sent him a reply to a letter?
(a) That there was a spy in his Court.
(b) That someone had forged Henry's name.
(c) That the French welcomed peace.
(d) That he must dismiss everyone on his Privy Council.
4. After becoming king-apparent, how did the public react to Henry?
(a) With worry over his age.
(b) With wild enthusiasm.
(c) With disapproval.
(d) With amusement.
5. How old was Henry when his father died?
(a) Seventeen years old.
(b) Twelve years old.
(c) Nine years old.
(d) Fourteen years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. After becoming king-apparent, why was Henry told he must limit his public appearances?
2. The relationship between England and which country is described as tenuous?
3. What gift did Henry try to give More when he found out about his interest in the stars and constellations?
4. After learning about Wolsey's sons, why did Henry have hatred for God?
5. Who was Will Somers?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)