|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XIV through XXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Henry say was visibly relieved by his first marriage?
(a) His advisers.
(b) His bride.
(c) His mother.
(d) His grandmother.
2. What did Henry name the child that his mistress gave birth to?
(b) Henry Fitzroy.
3. Why did Henry want to marry by private ceremony before his coronation?
(a) So that he could marry as a common man.
(b) So that the public could not object to his bride.
(c) So that he and his wife could be crowned together.
(d) So that the Privy Council had no involvement in choosing his bride.
4. Which of Henry's brothers was heir to become king before him?
5. What did Katherine announce as the first anniversary of her and Henry's coronation approaches?
(a) She was pregnant.
(b) Her father had died.
(c) She wanted a divorce.
(d) She wanted to join a convent.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Henry VIII die?
2. After becoming king-apparent, how did the public react to Henry?
3. After taking over the Privy Council, what did Henry discover that two of his father's financial officers had been doing?
4. How did young Henry refer to his intended bride?
5. When his father died, how did Henry feel about becoming king?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)