|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XIV through XXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which group did Henry offer financial support after taking over the Privy Council?
(c) The clergy.
(d) The military.
2. How soon did Henry's son (Henry) with Katherine die after birth?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two years.
3. What did Henry realize had happened when the King of France sent him a reply to a letter?
(a) That someone had forged Henry's name.
(b) That he must dismiss everyone on his Privy Council.
(c) That there was a spy in his Court.
(d) That the French welcomed peace.
4. After his brother's death, what statement did Henry admit "colors his entire life"?
(a) That a king can have no friends.
(b) That power is an aphrodesiac.
(c) That death is "hungry" for the heir to the throne.
(d) That family has no meaning for a monarch.
5. What role did Henry note his father never assigned to any of his councilmen?
(c) Head of State.
(d) First Minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Henry pour lots of money into doing after taking over the Privy Council?
2. At age fourteen, why did Henry sign an annulment to his betrothal?
3. During Christmas festivities, what did Henry receive from the King of France?
4. What gift did Henry try to give More when he found out about his interest in the stars and constellations?
5. How old was Henry when he became betrothed for the first time?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)