Chapters I through XIII
1. Who was Will Somers?
(a) King Henry's almoner.
(b) King Henry's organist.
(c) King Henry's Court fool.
(d) King Henry's doorward.
2. The book begins with a series of letters written between Will Somers and whom?
(a) Catherine Montclaire.
(b) Catherine Knollys.
(c) Catherine Buckley.
(d) Catherine Peabody.
3. What news did Will Somers tell Catherine about her parentage at the beginning of the book?
(a) Catherine is King Henry's daughter.
(b) Catherine is King Francis I's daughter.
(c) Catherine is Elizabeth Tudor's daughter.
(d) Catherine is Cardinal Wolsey's daughter.
4. What did Will Somers send to Catherine, even though she did not want it?
(a) Her father's journal.
(b) Her mother's necklace.
(c) Her father's Bible.
(d) Her mother's wedding ring.
5. In what year did Henry VIII die?
6. Which of Henry's brothers was heir to become king before him?
7. How did Henry say his mother treated him as a child?
(a) She doted on him.
(b) She payed him little attention.
(c) She mistrusted him.
(d) She worked to build up his confidence.
This section contains 4,920 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)