Chapters I through XIII
• Henry had an older brother, Arthur, who was heir to the throne of England.
• Arthur married the Spanish princess, Katherine of Aragon.
• Four months after his marriage, Arthur died and Henry became the new heir to the throne.
• Henry's mother died following childbirth.
• Henry was betrothed to his brother's widow, but was later forced to annul the betrothal.
• Henry told Katherine he would find a way to marry her.
• Henry's father died, making Henry king. Henry felt unprepared.
• Henry married Katherine before his coronation so they could be crowned together.
Chapters XIV through XXVII
• Henry and Katherine were crowned on Midsummer's Day - a month later, Katherine was pregnant.
• The relationship between England and France was tenuous.
• Henry realized his Council was still serving his father's interests and not his.
• Henry appointed Thomas Wolsey to his Council.
• Wolsey introduced Henry to Thomas More.
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)