|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Franklin said that when he thought about religion, he settled on what as the key factors of a successful and happy human being?
2. Upon Franklin's return to Philadelphia, where did the Governor of Pennsylvania send him to pick out his own printing equipment?
3. When he ran away to New York, Franklin met William Bradford, who was described as the "first printer" and came from what locale?
4. One of Franklin's former employers had expanded his business to include what?
5. How did Franklin arrive in Philadelphia on his initial trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem did Franklin encounter with a community beer till at Watt's?
2. What took place upon Franklin's return to Boston in hopes of gaining his father's consent?
3. Franklin was a perfectionist and approached the thirteen virtues in what fashion?
4. Why did Franklin leave Philadelphia the first time?
5. Where was Franklin among the children his father, Josiah, had?
6. How did subscribers check out books through Franklin's first library system?
7. What did Franklin take back with him on his initial return to Boston?
8. How was Franklin able to trace his family back 300 years?
9. What did Franklin discover had happened to Miss Read during his 18-month absence?
10. How did Franklin end up in Philadelphia the first time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What topic did Franklin devote more of his attention toward than any other in his work? Other than being a topic of significant interest to him, why did he focus so long on this aspect?
Essay Topic 2
What was the most significant contribution Franklin made to his nation or its citizens in terms of the multiple roles he was in? What placed this one above his others?
Essay Topic 3
While many looked up to Franklin, who were individuals he respected? What traits did they have that he admired?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)