|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Franklin spend his earnings on from his first job after going to London?
2. Their first customer was referred to them by which of Franklin's friends?
3. Franklin said his father was an "agreeable" man but very traditional, serious, and what else?
4. In what other fields of employment did Franklin note some eventually found interest?
5. When the House legalized paper tender, it awarded the contract to print the money to which printer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Franklin find Keimer had fared during his 18-month absence in London?
2. How did Franklin nearly come to stay in London just before his departure for America?
3. What did Franklin take back with him on his initial return to Boston?
4. What was Franklin's opinion of what he termed "seeming magnitude" of undertakings?
5. What did Franklin discover had happened to Miss Read during his 18-month absence?
6. How did Franklin approach going to church after a minister friend convinced him to attend his services?
7. Where was Franklin among the children his father, Josiah, had?
8. What happened upon Franklin's initial arrival in London with promises of assistance from Governor Keith?
9. What happened in the way of employment for Franklin when Mr. Denham died suddenly?
10. How was Franklin able to trace his family back 300 years?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What topic did Franklin devote more of his attention toward than any other in his work? Other than being a topic of significant interest to him, why did he focus so long on this aspect?
Essay Topic 2
Franklin began his autobiography with a letter to his son, William. What were the various reasons that he provided William for writing his work? How did he explain he would approach his recollection? What were the factors he offered as to why he would approach it in this fashion?
Essay Topic 3
What were Franklin's musical endeavors, accomplishments, and their significance?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)