|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While he was good at writing, Franklin failed math, so Josiah put him to work in what business he operated?
2. Franklin loved his new life in Philadelphia and he became what?
3. On his first day in Philadelphia, as he walked down the road, Franklin passed what for the first time?
4. What did Franklin need to await before setting up business?
5. How did Franklin arrive in Philadelphia on his initial trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Franklin approach going to church after a minister friend convinced him to attend his services?
2. How did Franklin find Keimer had fared during his 18-month absence in London?
3. Who was James Ralph and what was his relationship with Franklin?
4. How was Franklin able to trace his family back 300 years?
5. What happened upon Franklin's initial arrival in London with promises of assistance from Governor Keith?
6. What work experience did Franklin gain in London?
7. What did Franklin confess he would have done regarding the details of his story but lacked the talent to accomplish?
8. What did Franklin learn about Governor Keith upon his return to Philadelphia following 18 months away in London?
9. How did Franklin find his first job?
10. What was Franklin's response to Keimer's newspaper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the various steps that Franklin took to aid his nephew upon the death of James Franklin, the youth's father and Benjamin's brother? What were the reasons he noted that motivated him to do this?
Essay Topic 2
What were the thirteen virtues Franklin pursued as his way of life? Select one of the thirteen virtues and relate why you believe he felt this was one significant enough to include. How did he approach these virtues? How did he feel the others fared in the interim and why?
Essay Topic 3
How did Franklin demonstrate he was a man of principle? How so in regard to publication of his newspaper? In what way was it reflected in regard to his inventions? How so with respect to patents?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)