|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Franklin loved his new life in Philadelphia and he became what?
2. These three elements Franklin discovered as essential to a happy individual became what for him?
3. One friend, a minister, convinced Franklin to attend several sermons at his church and what resulted?
4. Subscribers signed a promissory note and agreed to pay what for any book they did not return?
5. Who offered to outfit a print shop for Franklin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Franklin find his first job?
2. What happened when Franklin set to resume his relationship with Miss Read?
3. How did Franklin approach going to church after a minister friend convinced him to attend his services?
4. How did subscribers check out books through Franklin's first library system?
5. What did Franklin learn about Governor Keith upon his return to Philadelphia following 18 months away in London?
6. Why did Franklin leave Philadelphia the first time?
7. What did Franklin later do in regard to Keimer's newspaper?
8. What did Franklin discover had happened to Miss Read during his 18-month absence?
9. Why did Franklin return to America following his initial stay in England?
10. What was Franklin's response to Keimer's newspaper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although his formal schooling was limited, Franklin was a noted polymath. In his autobiography, which function brought him the most satisfaction? What reasons support the your answer?
Essay Topic 2
How did Franklin demonstrate he was a man of principle? How so in regard to publication of his newspaper? In what way was it reflected in regard to his inventions? How so with respect to patents?
Essay Topic 3
What were Franklin's musical endeavors, accomplishments, and their significance?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)