|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his autobiography, the author noted the library became a popular hang-out for which individuals?
2. What did Franklin hope would result when he included his collection of virtues in his autobiography?
3. How did Franklin arrive in Philadelphia on his initial trip?
4. One of Franklin's former employers had expanded his business to include what?
5. In what other fields of employment did Franklin note some eventually found interest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Franklin was a perfectionist and approached the thirteen virtues in what fashion?
2. What did Franklin interject regarding religion at this point?
3. Why did Franklin return to America following his initial stay in England?
4. How did subscribers check out books through Franklin's first library system?
5. How did Franklin find his first job?
6. What did Franklin take back with him on his initial return to Boston?
7. Where was Franklin among the children his father, Josiah, had?
8. How was Franklin able to trace his family back 300 years?
9. Why did Keimer start his newspaper?
10. What was Franklin's opinion of what he termed "seeming magnitude" of undertakings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Encyclopedias and professional works include soldier among Franklin's many other credits. How did he execute this role? What accomplishments are to his credit as a military leader?
Essay Topic 2
Franklin recognized he was not perfect. What were some of his failures he acknowledged? What were some of his regrets? How did he pursue his life once he recognized errors?
Essay Topic 3
What course did Franklin pursue to initially get and remain published when still a teenager? How did his writing progress under his first publisher?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)