|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Franklin think it was unfair for him to be required to contribute a portion of his pay into this community pot?
2. How did Franklin arrive in Philadelphia on his initial trip?
3. One friend, a minister, convinced Franklin to attend several sermons at his church and what resulted?
4. What did Franklin hope would result when he included his collection of virtues in his autobiography?
5. When he ran away to New York, Franklin met William Bradford, who was described as the "first printer" and came from what locale?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Franklin's opinion of what he termed "seeming magnitude" of undertakings?
2. What did Franklin discover had happened to Miss Read during his 18-month absence?
3. Where was Franklin among the children his father, Josiah, had?
4. How did subscribers check out books through Franklin's first library system?
5. What was Franklin's education during his youth?
6. What problem did Franklin encounter with a community beer till at Watt's?
7. Why did Keimer start his newspaper?
8. What did Franklin and a co-worker named Hugh Meredith arrange to do?
9. What happened when Franklin set to resume his relationship with Miss Read?
10. What observation did Franklin make of those in public affairs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although his formal schooling was limited, Franklin was a noted polymath. In his autobiography, which function brought him the most satisfaction? What reasons support the your answer?
Essay Topic 2
How did Franklin exploit the game of chess? What were his contributions to the game?
Essay Topic 3
What were Franklin's musical endeavors, accomplishments, and their significance?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)