|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Braddock was overconfident and did what?
(a) Relied on his training.
(b) Scoffed at Benjamin's advice.
(c) Relied on his experience.
(d) Scoffed at the colonists.
2. In what year did Franklin invent his famous stove?
3. Why was England increasingly suspicious of the colonies' intentions, especially when Franklin was escorted to a ferry by an honor guard?
(a) They viewed such activities being reserved for the British, not colonists.
(b) This was only seen in royalty.
(c) They were distrusting of this pomp.
(d) Franklin was the representative who appeared before the King's court.
4. What happened upon this trip in England to represent the colonists that Franklin recorded in his autobiography?
(a) His discussions with the Queen.
(b) His discussions with the King.
(d) His discussions with English officials.
5. As he believed people should have free access to things that improved their lives, what did Franklin do in regard to his stove?
(a) Refused to patent it.
(b) Manufactured them, sold without a profit.
(c) Donated profits from sales to charity.
(d) Helped othrs construct their stoves.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first task was to defend which area where enemies were plenty?
2. Who was Franklin's friend that suggested they build a town hospital?
3. Franklin said it made more sense to start at the beginning and learn which language?
4. A new preacher named Mr. Whitefield arrived in Philadelphia in what year?
5. Franklin wrote papers of all his discoveries which became famous around the globe, so much that renowned scholars began to doubt what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Franklin's involvement in Philadelphia's first town hospital?
2. In terms of libeling, what guidelines did Franklin note he printed his newspaper by?
3. What were some of the improvements to Philadelphia that Franklin participated in?
4. How did Franklin describe his trip across the ocean?
5. What did the colonies do subsequent to the initial two troops serving under General Braddock?
6. How did Franklin respond to the British reaction to their suspicions of the American colonies?
7. What was one instance Franklin related about government officials skirting the technicalities of legal requirements?
8. What was Franklin's approach to Captain Denny upon his arrival from England?
9. What did Franklin have to say about his almanac?
10. What did Franklin relate regarding his appointment to the position of clerk of the General Assembly?
This section contains 1,193 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)