|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Franklin proposed the governmental group would contribute an amount equal to what?
(a) Half that of the subscribers.
(b) Two percent of city taxes collected annually.
(c) Twice that of the subscribers.
(d) That of the subscribers.
2. What happened upon this trip in England to represent the colonists that Franklin recorded in his autobiography?
(a) His discussions with English officials.
(c) His discussions with the King.
(d) His discussions with the Queen.
3. Franklin spoke on the doctor's behalf when he went before which governmental group?
(a) Town Council.
(b) City Council.
(c) City Commission.
(d) General Assembly.
4. The first task was to defend which area where enemies were plenty?
(a) Southwest territories.
(b) Northwest territories.
(c) Southeast territories.
(d) Northeast territories.
5. Which organization awarded Franklin an honorary membership and a gold medal?
(a) Royal Exploratory Society of Cambridge.
(b) Royal Society of London.
(c) Society of Scientific Knowledge in Wellington.
(d) Royal Order in Scientific Exploration of London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bad news prompted Franklin to go to Boston again?
2. Franklin presented Loudoun with an account of all the expenses he incurred in support of Braddock and his troops, and he received how much in repayment?
3. What was the crown's response to the American proposal?
4. Franklin proposed the use of what in Philadelphia?
5. How successful was Franklin's funding proposal for the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Franklin able to do once he had sold most of his businesses?
2. What was the initial activity of this militia supported by taxpayers?
3. What was the result of some farmers' request as Franklin's militia prepared to leave the territory?
4. What were some of the accomplishments Franklin had to praise about the Reverend Mr. Whitefield?
5. What transpired subsequent to Franklin's pursuit of the office of justice of the peace?
6. What were some of the improvements to Philadelphia that Franklin participated in?
7. How did Franklin describe his trip across the ocean?
8. What did Franklin relate regarding his famous Franklin stove?
9. What was Franklin's involvement in Philadelphia's first town hospital?
10. How did Franklin respond to the British reaction to their suspicions of the American colonies?
This section contains 1,169 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)