|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Franklin wrote papers of all his discoveries which became famous around the globe, so much that renowned scholars began to doubt what?
(a) He was self-educated.
(b) The truth of everthing he wrote about.
(c) His very existence.
(d) He could be responsible for all he wrote.
2. Franklin recorded they arrived in London on July 27 of what year?
3. There was soon much frustration between the Assembly and the governor, so Franklin was sent to England to appeal about what?
(a) What laws applied to the colonies.
(b) Who was in charge.
(c) If they would replace the governor.
(d) What rights the colonists had.
4. What did the new governor present to Franklin?
(a) His directive from the King.
(b) His orders from the Queen.
(c) His credentials.
(d) His gold medal.
5. Which colleges awarded Franklin honorary degrees?
(a) Wesleyan, Boston.
(b) Yale, Harvard.
(c) New York, Cambridge.
(d) Cambridge, Yale.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the physician friend of Franklin propose a town hospital?
2. When they finally sailed, it was a long, slow journey filled with delays and other problems, and Franklin described what?
3. What bad news prompted Franklin to go to Boston again?
4. Franklin noted his kite experiment, which he was proud to see written about where?
5. Franklin wrote that if you performed an act of kindness for a person, what would that person do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What personal problems did Franklin sustain as a result of his delaying his trip to England to negotiate with Lord Loudoun?
2. What was Franklin's proposal given France's increasing threat to the American colonies?
3. What disturbed Franklin regarding the British capability to defend the colonies?
4. What was the analogy Franklin related between religion and fog?
5. In terms of libeling, what guidelines did Franklin note he printed his newspaper by?
6. What transpired when the colonies proposed their united government to the British crown?
7. How did Franklin describe his trip across the ocean?
8. What transpired subsequent to Franklin's pursuit of the office of justice of the peace?
9. How did Franklin respond to the British reaction to their suspicions of the American colonies?
10. What did Franklin relate regarding his appointment to the position of clerk of the General Assembly?
This section contains 1,286 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)