|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Franklin acquire for the British officers?
2. As Franklin was readying to leave, Lord Loudoun arrived from England and said he had been sent to settle matters so who would not be bothered?
(a) The Royal Court.
(b) The Royal Council.
(c) The Parliment.
(d) The King.
3. A new preacher named Mr. Whitefield arrived in Philadelphia in what year?
4. Braddock and the troops were sent for what two reasons?
(a) Offense and to keep the colonies in line.
(b) Defense and to keep the colonies in line.
(c) Defense and to assist the colonies.
(d) Occupation, keeping the colonies in line.
5. What did the governor argue before Loudoun?
(a) He was given specific duties, the Assembly must obey him.
(b) He was given specific duties, the colonists have no rights.
(c) His authority came from England, the most important nation.
(d) The colonists rights were limited to landownership, religion, education.
Short Answer Questions
1. Franklin noted his kite experiment, which he was proud to see written about where?
2. Franklin's men complied, but it rained, and how many of the farmers were killed due to guns that failed?
3. Franklin said it made more sense to start at the beginning and learn which language?
4. The governor and Franklin sat down with Loudoun and discussed their arguments, and Franklin took what position for the Assembly?
5. What was the crown's response to the American proposal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sort of education system did Franklin develop?
2. What did Franklin relate regarding his famous Franklin stove?
3. What was one instance Franklin related about government officials skirting the technicalities of legal requirements?
4. What were some of the accomplishments Franklin had to praise about the Reverend Mr. Whitefield?
5. What was Franklin's connection with the study of electricity?
6. When troubles arose between the Assembly and Captain Denny, what initially took place when Lord Loudoun was sent over from England?
7. What was Franklin's involvement in Philadelphia's first town hospital?
8. What was the analogy Franklin related between religion and fog?
9. What was Franklin able to do once he had sold most of his businesses?
10. What disturbed Franklin regarding the British capability to defend the colonies?
This section contains 1,251 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)