|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The British troops' march was disastrous and most of the men were killed or wounded, and the rest fled back where?
(c) New York.
2. When they finally sailed, it was a long, slow journey filled with delays and other problems, and Franklin described what?
(a) The captain's pride, ironic flaws that caused delay.
(b) The captain's concern, ironic flaws that caused delay.
(c) The captain's unconcern, ironic flaws that caused delay.
(d) The captain's shame, ironic flaws that caused delay.
3. Which college evolved from Franklin's endeavors in public education?
(a) University of Philadelphia, and later Arcadia University.
(b) University of Philadelphia, and later Eastern College.
(c) University of Philadelphia, and later the University of Pennsylvania.
(d) University of Philadelphia, and later Pennsylvania State University.
4. The president would confer with a council representing which group?
(a) Male property owners over 21.
(b) The different colonies.
(c) Colonial governments.
(d) Colonial landowners.
5. What languages did Franklin learn during his lifetime?
(a) French,Russian, Spanish.
(b) French, Italian, Spanish.
(c) German, Italian, Spanish.
(d) French, Italian, Dutch.
Short Answer Questions
1. As France became an increasing threat against the American colonies, Franklin wrote a proposal for the colonies to join together in what fashion?
2. Mr. Whitefield was from which locale?
3. Franklin wrote that if you performed an act of kindness for a person, what would that person do?
4. Where did Mr. Whitefield move on to from Philadelphia?
5. What did Franklin institute using the building that Mr. Whitefield built?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Franklin respond to the British reaction to their suspicions of the American colonies?
2. What was Franklin's involvement in Philadelphia's first town hospital?
3. What were some of the accomplishments Franklin had to praise about the Reverend Mr. Whitefield?
4. When troubles arose between the Assembly and Captain Denny, what initially took place when Lord Loudoun was sent over from England?
5. What transpired when the colonies proposed their united government to the British crown?
6. What did Franklin relate regarding his famous Franklin stove?
7. What sort of education system did Franklin develop?
8. What was Franklin's connection with the study of electricity?
9. What was Franklin's proposal given France's increasing threat to the American colonies?
10. What did Franklin relate regarding his appointment to the position of clerk of the General Assembly?
This section contains 1,130 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)