|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Franklin's son died of smallpox at what age?
2. What did Franklin acquire for the British officers?
3. How successful was Franklin's funding proposal for the hospital?
(a) Funding was far slower than in the initial plan.
(b) Funding was somewhat slower than in the initial plan.
(c) Funding was about in accordance with the original plan.
(d) Funding was soon more than in the original plan.
4. Franklin established a militia to protect the English colonies from who?
(a) French, Indians.
(b) Spanish, Germans.
(c) Germans, French.
(d) Spanish, French.
5. A new preacher arrived of whom Franklin approved as his sermons supported virtuous values, and he published pamphlets for him until he soon learned his sermons plagiarized which individuals?
(a) Latin scholars.
(b) English scholars.
(c) German scholars.
(d) Greek scholars.
Short Answer Questions
1. A new preacher named Mr. Whitefield arrived in Philadelphia in what year?
2. Franklin noted his kite experiment, which he was proud to see written about where?
3. Which colleges awarded Franklin honorary degrees?
4. What was the crown's response to the American proposal?
5. Franklin took a moment in Chapter XI to talk about his electrical experimentation and detailed his encounter with which individual?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the colonies do subsequent to the initial two troops serving under General Braddock?
2. What was the analogy Franklin related between religion and fog?
3. What was Franklin's connection with the study of electricity?
4. What was the result of some farmers' request as Franklin's militia prepared to leave the territory?
5. What did Franklin relate regarding his famous Franklin stove?
6. What was Franklin's approach to Captain Denny upon his arrival from England?
7. What transpired subsequent to Franklin's pursuit of the office of justice of the peace?
8. In terms of libeling, what guidelines did Franklin note he printed his newspaper by?
9. What were some of the accomplishments Franklin had to praise about the Reverend Mr. Whitefield?
10. What disturbed Franklin regarding the British capability to defend the colonies?
This section contains 1,221 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)