|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what other fields of employment did Franklin note some eventually found interest?
(a) Legal and political.
(b) Legal and medical.
(c) Financial and medical.
(d) Military and political.
2. En route back to Philadelphia his first time, Franklin went to New York to meet Collins and took what with him?
(a) His letter of referral.
(b) His father's Bible.
(c) Both his and Collins' books.
(d) A gold watch.
3. How did those individuals who found the library a popular hangout benefit?
(a) Minimally, as most had to work and few had time to read.
(b) Greatly, from exposure to books.
(c) Little, as there were no reading assignments.
(d) Minimally, as they were only passing through town.
4. At age 12, Franklin was indentured to James, his older brother, until he was how old?
5. Franklin believed in God and attended church how frequently?
(b) Twice weekly.
6. When he ran away to New York, Franklin met William Bradford, who was described as the "first printer" and came from what locale?
(a) New York.
7. What did Franklin convince a number of men to do?
(a) Stop paying.
(b) Stop drinking.
(c) Stop gambling.
(d) Pay a lesser amount.
8. What are other traits Franklin believed a "good" individual had?
(a) Clean, reverent.
(b) Considerate, brave.
(c) Truthful, hard working.
(d) Loyal, helpful.
9. On what schedule did Franklin approach his collection of virtues?
(a) 13 simultaneously.
(b) 1 bi- weekly, leaving others to chance.
(c) 1 daily, leaving others to chance.
(d) 1 weekly, leaving others to chance.
10. Franklin took great pride when he lived in what fashion?
11. How many virtues did Franklin live by from his twenties?
12. Franklin saw nothing wrong with a little boasting, especially if he did what first?
(a) Announced he was being proud.
(b) Thanked God for the vanity.
(c) Stipulated he was being honest.
(d) Qualified that he was bragging first.
13. Who offered to outfit a print shop for Franklin?
(a) A co-worker's father.
(b) A co-worker's cousin.
(c) A co-worker's uncle.
(d) His father.
14. Their first customer was referred to them by which of Franklin's friends?
(a) George Washington.
(b) Joseph Watson.
(c) Charles Osborne.
(d) George House.
15. Franklin said his father was an "agreeable" man but very traditional, serious, and what else?
Short Answer Questions
1. In his autobiography, what point did Franklin devote the most pages to?
2. James started his own newspaper in the early 1720s he called what?
3. How did Franklin arrive in Philadelphia on his initial trip?
4. What did Franklin's new employer who encouraged him to return to America do suddenly?
5. Franklin was a founding member of an intellectual club bearing what name?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)