|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. His former co-worker's father did not pay for the business as he had promised, so what did he and Franklin agree to?
(a) He would take up another trade and help Franklin.
(b) He would sell his two horses to help Franklin.
(c) He would sell stationary in Franklin's shop.
(d) Go their separate ways.
2. What was Franklin's promotion at the second firm?
(a) From press room to editing office.
(b) From press room to composing room.
(c) From composing room to press room.
(d) From composing room to editing office.
3. Who provided Franklin a letter of recommendation when en route home from Philadelphia?
(a) Mayor of Philadelphia.
(b) William Bradford.
(c) Governor of the province.
(d) Mayor of New York.
4. What languages did Franklin learn during his lifetime?
(a) French,Russian, Spanish.
(b) German, Italian, Spanish.
(c) French, Italian, Spanish.
(d) French, Italian, Dutch.
5. When he ran away to New York, Franklin met William Bradford, who was described as the "first printer" and came from what locale?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Franklin invent his famous stove?
2. When Franklin returned to Philadelphia, the former governor did what?
3. Where did Mr. Whitefield move on to from Philadelphia?
4. What did the governor argue before Loudoun?
5. Franklin undertook the improvement of law enforcement, including the appointment of non-biased policemen and what else?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)