|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many virtues did Franklin live by from his twenties?
2. On his first day in Philadelphia, as he walked down the road, Franklin passed what for the first time?
(a) His future wife.
(b) The home he would someday own.
(c) The site of the future drafting of the Bill of Rights.
(d) The site of the future drafting of the Declaration of Independence.
3. Franklin noted his kite experiment, which he was proud to see written about where?
(a) Scholarly journals.
(b) Many scientific journals.
(c) Newspapers around the globe.
(d) Many electricity history books.
4. When did Franklin first write his Poor Richard's Almanac?
5. There was soon much frustration between the Assembly and the governor, so Franklin was sent to England to appeal about what?
(a) What rights the colonists had.
(b) Who was in charge.
(c) What laws applied to the colonies.
(d) If they would replace the governor.
Short Answer Questions
1. A new preacher named Mr. Whitefield arrived in Philadelphia in what year?
2. Which department did Franklin lobby for in Philadelphia that other cities simulated but he claimed was the best?
3. One friend, a minister, convinced Franklin to attend several sermons at his church and what resulted?
4. Franklin said it made more sense to start at the beginning and learn which language?
5. In what other fields of employment did Franklin note some eventually found interest?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)