|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Franklin returned to Philadelphia, the former governor did what?
(a) Ducked into the nearest shop on the street.
(b) Turned and walked away.
(c) Passed by without a word.
(d) Approached him, apologized profusely.
2. Who was Franklin's friend that suggested they build a town hospital?
(a) Dr. Bold.
(b) Dr. Bond.
(c) Dr. Hollmes.
(d) Dr. Keimer.
3. When he ran away to New York, Franklin met William Bradford, who was described as the "first printer" and came from what locale?
(a) New York.
4. What was the title of the pamphlet Franklin wrote about paper money, a raging debate at the time?
(a) "The Necessityand Benefits of Paper Currency."
(b) "The Nature and Necessity of Paper Currency."
(c) "The Ten Reasons Justifying Paper Currency."
(d) "The Need for Paper Currency."
5. What did Franklin convince a number of men to do?
(a) Pay a lesser amount.
(b) Stop drinking.
(c) Stop paying.
(d) Stop gambling.
Short Answer Questions
1. In printing colonial documents, Franklin met a number of what type of men?
2. What did Franklin's new employer who encouraged him to return to America do suddenly?
3. Franklin proposed the governmental group would contribute an amount equal to what?
4. Who was it Franklin provided his virtues list for?
5. What happened when a rival learned Franklin planned to start a newspaper?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)