|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Franklin spend his earnings on from his first job after going to London?
(a) Lavish parties and books.
(b) Housing and entertainment.
(c) Housing and food.
(d) Savings for his own print shop.
2. Franklin wrote papers of all his discoveries which became famous around the globe, so much that renowned scholars began to doubt what?
(a) His very existence.
(b) The truth of everthing he wrote about.
(c) He was self-educated.
(d) He could be responsible for all he wrote.
3. In what year did the physician friend of Franklin propose a town hospital?
4. Franklin noted the oldest son being apprenticed in a smithing trade was a tradition that went how far back?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 500 years.
(c) 1,000 years.
(d) 300 years.
5. What project did Franklin undertake subsequent to the public hospital?
(a) Public city garbage collection.
(b) City sewer system.
(c) Cleaning the city streets.
(d) City water system.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what other fields of employment did Franklin note some eventually found interest?
2. The first task was to defend which area where enemies were plenty?
3. Why did Franklin think it was unfair for him to be required to contribute a portion of his pay into this community pot?
4. Franklin received assistance from other intellectual club members for his business, but the club also supported what?
5. Franklin returned to Pennsylvania to become a clerk in whose new business?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)