|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Franklin took a new job at what wages?
(b) Equal wages, but longer hours.
2. Which foreign troops were barbaric toward the American colonists?
(b) Both British, French.
3. In reading his autobiography, one can see that Franklin fell into what category?
4. William Bradford referred Franklin to which son in Philadelphia, also a printer?
5. As he believed people should have free access to things that improved their lives, what did Franklin do in regard to his stove?
(a) Helped othrs construct their stoves.
(b) Manufactured them, sold without a profit.
(c) Refused to patent it.
(d) Donated profits from sales to charity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Governor of New York show an interest in meeting young Franklin upon his arrival this second time?
2. Who found Franklin in Philadelphia and encouraged him to return home?
3. What did Franklin hope would result when he included his collection of virtues in his autobiography?
4. What did Franklin acquire for the British officers?
5. Franklin assisted the postmaster of Philadelphia, a position that did what?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)