|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Franklin's new employer who encouraged him to return to America do suddenly?
(c) Went bankrupt.
2. In what year did Franklin invent his famous stove?
3. Where was Franklin's second, even better job in London?
4. Collins broke his word to Franklin several times, but when did the pair become estranged?
(a) When he beat Collins.
(b) After he threw Collins overboard from a boat.
(c) After he threw Collins from a carriage.
(d) When he sold Collins' books.
5. What did the co-worker who helped Franklin do when he was able to set up shop?
(a) Failed to show up for work.
(b) Set up some distance away.
(c) Walked out.
(d) Gave their notice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Franklin said he felt he and other inventors needed to be _____, and therefore he would not profit from his inventions?
2. The members of the intellectual club Franklin belonged to pooled their books, but while their plan failed, it sparked Franklin's interest, and he eventually created a subscription library system that evolved into what?
3. Franklin hated his father's trade and dreamed of doing what instead?
4. These three elements Franklin discovered as essential to a happy individual became what for him?
5. What was the title of the pamphlet Franklin wrote about paper money, a raging debate at the time?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)