|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Josiah and his second wife had how many children?
2. Franklin noted he was honest about his achievements without being falsely humble or arrogant and stipulated he would have changed some details to look better but did not for what reason?
(a) His life was too well known.
(b) He lacked the writing talent.
(c) He sought facts, not fiction.
(d) He wanted the truth known.
3. Subscribers signed a promissory note and agreed to pay what for any book they did not return?
(a) The book's value.
(b) Twice the book's value.
(c) Their entire subscription fee.
(d) Two week's of their salary.
4. Franklin's final competition was Bradford, who not only had a print shop, but ran what?
(a) A stationary shop.
(b) The Pony Express service.
(c) An unreliable postal service.
(d) A shipping business.
5. What did Franklin's new employer who encouraged him to return to America do suddenly?
(c) Went bankrupt.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Franklin first write his Poor Richard's Almanac?
2. Franklin saw nothing wrong with a little boasting, especially if he did what first?
3. On what schedule did Franklin approach his collection of virtues?
4. What languages did Franklin learn during his lifetime?
5. Franklin took great pride when he lived in what fashion?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)