|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Franklin hope would result when he included his collection of virtues in his autobiography?
(a) They "may follow the example and spare themselves regret."
(b) They "may follow the example and reap the benefit."
(c) They "may follow my virtues and achieve the reward."
(d) They "may follow my example or similar virtues guidance."
2. In Philadelphia, Franklin soon worked for Mr. Bradford's son, Andrew, and what other printer?
(a) Stanley Cramer.
(b) Samuel Kramer.
(c) Stephen Klein.
(d) Samuel Keimer.
3. What did a contact advised Franklin to do?
(a) Return to the United States.
(b) Get a job with "The London Times".
(c) Get a job working as a journalist.
(d) Get a job and learn about printing.
4. What was Franklin's response to those who played pranks on him when he did not pay into the pot?
(a) Left the firm.
(b) Convinced the others not to pay also.
(c) Stood firm and refused to pay.
(d) He eventually caved in and paid.
5. Which department did Franklin lobby for in Philadelphia that other cities simulated but he claimed was the best?
Short Answer Questions
1. What public position did Franklin first achieve?
2. Franklin was a founding member of an intellectual club bearing what name?
3. Franklin said that when he thought about religion, he settled on what as the key factors of a successful and happy human being?
4. What was the title of the pamphlet Franklin wrote about paper money, a raging debate at the time?
5. What did Mr. Whitefield construct a large building for?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)