|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Read family regard Franklin rekindling his interest in Miss Read?
(b) Favored it.
2. When Franklin asked for three pennies worth of something at a bakery in Philadelphia, he received three giant rolls and realized what?
(a) Not all the colonies were culturally identical.
(b) He should ask the prices first.
(c) Prices were relatively the same in the colonies.
(d) He would run out of money within two days.
3. Josiah was impressed by the letter of recommendation and allowed Franklin's return to Philadelphia to do what?
(a) Work for a few more years.
(b) Work in a trade other than printing.
(c) Work for anothre year.
(d) Work for two more years.
4. How did Franklin arrive in Philadelphia on his initial trip?
(a) Hungry, but otherwise reasonable.
(b) Hungry, dirty, tired.
(c) Tired, but clean.
(d) Tired and dirty, but not hungry.
5. Why did the Governor of New York show an interest in meeting young Franklin upon his arrival this second time?
(a) His large collection of books.
(b) He was the son of Josiah.
(c) He desired to open a print shop.
(d) His letter of referral from Pennsylvania.
Short Answer Questions
1. At his new employment, Franklin gave up part of his pay for what?
2. William Bradford referred Franklin to which son in Philadelphia, also a printer?
3. What occupation did Franklin's former co-worker venture into?
4. Who did Franklin initially address his autobiography opening to?
5. How did Franklin eventually practice his faith?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)