|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offered to outfit a print shop for Franklin?
(a) His father.
(b) A co-worker's cousin.
(c) A co-worker's father.
(d) A co-worker's uncle.
2. Franklin courted which young lady before he left Philadelphia to select his printing equipment?
(a) Miss Ralph.
(b) Miss Read.
(c) Miss Rodgers.
(d) Miss Reid.
3. Josiah Franklin took his first wife and three children to America where they had how many more?
4. What was Franklin's response to those who played pranks on him when he did not pay into the pot?
(a) He eventually caved in and paid.
(b) Stood firm and refused to pay.
(c) Convinced the others not to pay also.
(d) Left the firm.
5. Franklin regretted Miss Read's unfortunate marriage and did what?
(a) Set to resume a platonic relationship, but both still dated others.
(b) Set to pursue a platonic relationship.
(c) Set to pursue a platonic relationship while he dated others.
(d) Set to resume their old relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Franklin returned to Pennsylvania to become a clerk in whose new business?
2. Franklin's idea of a "good" human being is someone who treated others in what manner?
3. When Franklin asked for three pennies worth of something at a bakery in Philadelphia, he received three giant rolls and realized what?
4. When did Franklin first write his Poor Richard's Almanac?
5. What was it Franklin discovered in the end regarding his virtues?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)