|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Franklin spend his earnings on from his first job after going to London?
(a) Savings for his own print shop.
(b) Housing and food.
(c) Lavish parties and books.
(d) Housing and entertainment.
2. While waiting to set up his own shop, Franklin printed what for a colonial government?
(b) Land deeds.
(c) Birth, death certificates.
(d) Colonial decrees.
3. Where was Franklin's second, even better job in London?
4. What public position did Franklin first achieve?
(a) General Assembly Spokesman.
(b) General Assembly Master.
(c) Clerk of the General Assembly.
(d) Brigadier of the General Assembly.
5. When the House legalized paper tender, it awarded the contract to print the money to which printer?
Short Answer Questions
1. While he was good at writing, Franklin failed math, so Josiah put him to work in what business he operated?
2. Who was it Franklin provided his virtues list for?
3. What did Franklin regret about his stay in England?
4. Franklin made a final note about his not going to public church services as perhaps "blamable" but that he made no excuse as his purpose was to do what?
5. When he ran away to New York, Franklin met William Bradford, who was described as the "first printer" and came from what locale?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)