|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Franklin's former employer's expanded business compare to the man's print house?
(a) Much better.
(b) Only a little better.
(c) About equal.
2. On his first day in Philadelphia, as he walked down the road, Franklin passed what for the first time?
(a) The site of the future drafting of the Bill of Rights.
(b) The home he would someday own.
(c) His future wife.
(d) The site of the future drafting of the Declaration of Independence.
3. Collins broke his word to Franklin several times, but when did the pair become estranged?
(a) When he beat Collins.
(b) When he sold Collins' books.
(c) After he threw Collins from a carriage.
(d) After he threw Collins overboard from a boat.
4. At his new employment, Franklin gave up part of his pay for what?
(a) A community horse racing ante.
(b) A community sports ante.
(c) A community poker ante.
(d) A community beer till.
5. Franklin's family had to hide their religion in England in what manner?
(a) Read the Lutheran hymnal in secrecy.
(b) Held prayer sessions in secrecy.
(c) Held baptisms in secrecy.
(d) Read the English Bible in secrecy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was it Franklin did after the contact made his recommendation?
2. At age 12, Franklin was indentured to James, his older brother, until he was how old?
3. Upon Franklin's promotion, what happened to the community ante?
4. James Franklin was jailed for how long for not revealing a source?
5. What bad news prompted Franklin to go to Boston again?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)