|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupation did Franklin's former co-worker venture into?
(b) Stationary retail.
2. When Franklin asked for three pennies worth of something at a bakery in Philadelphia, he received three giant rolls and realized what?
(a) He would run out of money within two days.
(b) He should ask the prices first.
(c) Prices were relatively the same in the colonies.
(d) Not all the colonies were culturally identical.
3. What did the co-worker who helped Franklin do when he was able to set up shop?
(a) Gave their notice.
(b) Failed to show up for work.
(c) Walked out.
(d) Set up some distance away.
4. What was Franklin's response to those who played pranks on him when he did not pay into the pot?
(a) Left the firm.
(b) He eventually caved in and paid.
(c) Convinced the others not to pay also.
(d) Stood firm and refused to pay.
5. Franklin saw nothing wrong with a little boasting, especially if he did what first?
(a) Thanked God for the vanity.
(b) Qualified that he was bragging first.
(c) Stipulated he was being honest.
(d) Announced he was being proud.
Short Answer Questions
1. At his new employment, Franklin gave up part of his pay for what?
2. Franklin courted which young lady before he left Philadelphia to select his printing equipment?
3. Who offered to outfit a print shop for Franklin?
4. Who found Franklin in Philadelphia and encouraged him to return home?
5. Franklin and Collins parted ways for a time after an argument about the equal education of women where Franklin took which position?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)