|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Franklin later bought his ex-employer's newspaper when what took place?
(a) Ex-employer retired, returned to England.
(b) Ex-employer was jailed.
(c) Ex-employer died.
(d) Ex-employer's paper began to fail.
2. What did Franklin convince a number of men to do?
(a) Stop paying.
(b) Stop drinking.
(c) Stop gambling.
(d) Pay a lesser amount.
3. What did Franklin's new friend, Ralph, admit to him?
(a) He was anxious to return to his wife, but had no money.
(b) He did not plan to return to his wife.
(c) He worried about his wife who was in fragile health.
(d) He had a good bit of money he planned to spend gambling.
4. What did his new employer seek of Franklin?
(a) Obtain new printing customers.
(b) Obtain government work orders.
(c) Put his print shop back in order.
(d) Expand the print shop.
5. His father received visits from important noble men which Franklin admired and also from friends seeking what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who provided Franklin a letter of recommendation when en route home from Philadelphia?
2. Rather than change the name of the paper, James did what?
3. En route back to Philadelphia his first time, Franklin went to New York to meet Collins and took what with him?
4. Franklin wrote a number of controversial letters in whose newspaper under an anonymous name?
5. Franklin said his father was an "agreeable" man but very traditional, serious, and what else?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)