|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Franklin dated and nearly married a woman, until her family forbade their courtship when they decided what?
(a) He had no religious values.
(b) His politics were too uncertain.
(c) He was dating Miss Read also.
(d) His business would fail.
2. What problem was it Josiah cited why Franklin could not set up his own print shop upon his return from Philadelphia?
(b) Ran away.
(c) Insufficient experience.
3. Miss Read married another man during Franklin's absence, but what subsequently happened?
(a) She was unhappy and left him shortly afterward.
(b) Her husband moved to Boston, but she did not follow.
(c) She was unexpectedly widowed soon afterward.
(d) She was happy, but he left her unexpectedly.
4. His father received visits from important noble men which Franklin admired and also from friends seeking what?
5. How did Franklin arrive in Philadelphia on his initial trip?
(a) Tired and dirty, but not hungry.
(b) Tired, but clean.
(c) Hungry, but otherwise reasonable.
(d) Hungry, dirty, tired.
Short Answer Questions
1. Josiah Franklin took his first wife and three children to America where they had how many more?
2. Franklin took a new job at what wages?
3. Franklin regretted Miss Read's unfortunate marriage and did what?
4. Franklin loved his new life in Philadelphia and he became what?
5. What did Franklin convince a number of men to do?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)