|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Franklin courted which young lady before he left Philadelphia to select his printing equipment?
(a) Miss Rodgers.
(b) Miss Ralph.
(c) Miss Reid.
(d) Miss Read.
2. What did his new employer seek of Franklin?
(a) Obtain new printing customers.
(b) Obtain government work orders.
(c) Expand the print shop.
(d) Put his print shop back in order.
3. Why did the Governor of New York show an interest in meeting young Franklin upon his arrival this second time?
(a) His letter of referral from Pennsylvania.
(b) He desired to open a print shop.
(c) He was the son of Josiah.
(d) His large collection of books.
4. Miss Read married another man during Franklin's absence, but what subsequently happened?
(a) She was happy, but he left her unexpectedly.
(b) She was unhappy and left him shortly afterward.
(c) She was unexpectedly widowed soon afterward.
(d) Her husband moved to Boston, but she did not follow.
5. When the House legalized paper tender, it awarded the contract to print the money to which printer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Franklin convince a number of men to do?
2. Rather than change the name of the paper, James did what?
3. One of Franklin's former employers had expanded his business to include what?
4. What did Franklin's new employer who encouraged him to return to America do suddenly?
5. Franklin noted he was honest about his achievements without being falsely humble or arrogant and stipulated he would have changed some details to look better but did not for what reason?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)