|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At age 12, Franklin was indentured to James, his older brother, until he was how old?
2. The members of the intellectual club Franklin belonged to pooled their books, but while their plan failed, it sparked Franklin's interest, and he eventually created a subscription library system that evolved into what?
(a) U.S. Library of Congress.
(b) Philadelphia private library.
(c) University of Pennsylvania library.
(d) Public library system of today.
3. Their first customer was referred to them by which of Franklin's friends?
(a) Charles Osborne.
(b) Joseph Watson.
(c) George House.
(d) George Washington.
4. Which co-worker convinced Franklin to hold on a little longer with his new employer?
5. How did Franklin arrive in Philadelphia on his initial trip?
(a) Hungry, but otherwise reasonable.
(b) Tired and dirty, but not hungry.
(c) Hungry, dirty, tired.
(d) Tired, but clean.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Franklin's former employer's expanded business compare to the man's print house?
2. When Franklin returned to Philadelphia, the former governor did what?
3. Franklin and Collins parted ways for a time after an argument about the equal education of women where Franklin took which position?
4. Miss Read married another man during Franklin's absence, but what subsequently happened?
5. Franklin's family had to hide their religion in England in what manner?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)