|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Franklin initially address his autobiography opening to?
(a) His son, Benjamin, Jr.
(b) His wife, Mary Anne.
(c) His son, William.
(d) His daughter, Margaret.
2. On his first day in Philadelphia, as he walked down the road, Franklin passed what for the first time?
(a) The home he would someday own.
(b) The site of the future drafting of the Bill of Rights.
(c) His future wife.
(d) The site of the future drafting of the Declaration of Independence.
3. Where was Franklin's second, even better job in London?
4. Franklin hated his father's trade and dreamed of doing what instead?
(a) Becoming a soldier.
(b) Raising horses.
(c) Going to sea.
(d) Becoming a politician.
5. Why did the contact recommend this to Franklin?
(a) He would be better off if he returned to America as he had no credit.
(b) Working in London would help build his reputation.
(c) He would gain international experience in London.
(d) He would be better off when he returned to America and set up shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. His father received visits from important noble men which Franklin admired and also from friends seeking what?
2. Franklin courted which young lady before he left Philadelphia to select his printing equipment?
3. What did Franklin learn about Governor Keith's letters of credit?
4. Josiah was impressed by the letter of recommendation and allowed Franklin's return to Philadelphia to do what?
5. What did a contact advised Franklin to do?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)