|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Collins broke his word to Franklin several times, but when did the pair become estranged?
(a) After he threw Collins overboard from a boat.
(b) After he threw Collins from a carriage.
(c) When he beat Collins.
(d) When he sold Collins' books.
2. Franklin courted which young lady before he left Philadelphia to select his printing equipment?
(a) Miss Read.
(b) Miss Reid.
(c) Miss Rodgers.
(d) Miss Ralph.
3. In what other fields of employment did Franklin note some eventually found interest?
(a) Legal and political.
(b) Legal and medical.
(c) Financial and medical.
(d) Military and political.
4. Why did the contact recommend this to Franklin?
(a) Working in London would help build his reputation.
(b) He would be better off if he returned to America as he had no credit.
(c) He would gain international experience in London.
(d) He would be better off when he returned to America and set up shop.
5. What was it Franklin did after the contact made his recommendation?
(a) Took a job at Pallone's print shop.
(b) Took a job at Palmer's print house.
(c) Spent all his remaining money on lavish celebration.
(d) Took a job at "The London Times".
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Franklin's response to those who played pranks on him when he did not pay into the pot?
2. Franklin and Collins parted ways for a time after an argument about the equal education of women where Franklin took which position?
3. Franklin noted the oldest son being apprenticed in a smithing trade was a tradition that went how far back?
4. At his new employment, Franklin gave up part of his pay for what?
5. What was Franklin's promotion at the second firm?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)