|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Franklin returned to Pennsylvania to become a clerk in whose new business?
(a) Mr. Denny's.
(b) Mr. Denman's.
(c) Mr. Denfield's.
(d) Mr. Denham's.
2. Franklin borrowed books from a shop which later inspired him to do what?
(a) Open a bookshop in Philadelphia.
(b) Open a private library in Philadelphia.
(c) Open a public library system in America.
(d) Open a bookshop in New York City.
3. Who did Franklin initially address his autobiography opening to?
(a) His son, Benjamin, Jr.
(b) His wife, Mary Anne.
(c) His son, William.
(d) His daughter, Margaret.
4. Who provided Franklin a letter of recommendation when en route home from Philadelphia?
(a) Governor of the province.
(b) William Bradford.
(c) Mayor of Philadelphia.
(d) Mayor of New York.
5. When Franklin asked for three pennies worth of something at a bakery in Philadelphia, he received three giant rolls and realized what?
(a) He would run out of money within two days.
(b) He should ask the prices first.
(c) Prices were relatively the same in the colonies.
(d) Not all the colonies were culturally identical.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem was it Josiah cited why Franklin could not set up his own print shop upon his return from Philadelphia?
2. Upon Franklin's return to Philadelphia, where did the Governor of Pennsylvania send him to pick out his own printing equipment?
3. Upon Franklin's promotion, what happened to the community ante?
4. Why did Franklin think it was unfair for him to be required to contribute a portion of his pay into this community pot?
5. Which three friends did Franklin spend his last months in Philadelphia with?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)