|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Franklin saw nothing wrong with a little boasting, especially if he did what first?
(a) Thanked God for the vanity.
(b) Qualified that he was bragging first.
(c) Stipulated he was being honest.
(d) Announced he was being proud.
2. Where was Franklin's second, even better job in London?
3. Franklin noted the oldest son being apprenticed in a smithing trade was a tradition that went how far back?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 300 years.
(c) 500 years.
(d) 1,000 years.
4. How did Franklin arrive in Philadelphia on his initial trip?
(a) Hungry, dirty, tired.
(b) Hungry, but otherwise reasonable.
(c) Tired, but clean.
(d) Tired and dirty, but not hungry.
5. Franklin's family had to hide their religion in England in what manner?
(a) Read the English Bible in secrecy.
(b) Read the Lutheran hymnal in secrecy.
(c) Held baptisms in secrecy.
(d) Held prayer sessions in secrecy.
Short Answer Questions
1. William Bradford referred Franklin to which son in Philadelphia, also a printer?
2. At age 12, Franklin was indentured to James, his older brother, until he was how old?
3. Franklin and Collins parted ways for a time after an argument about the equal education of women where Franklin took which position?
4. In London, Franklin learned what about Governor Keith?
5. What was it Franklin did after the contact made his recommendation?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)