|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Franklin dated and nearly married a woman, until her family forbade their courtship when they decided what?
(a) His politics were too uncertain.
(b) He had no religious values.
(c) His business would fail.
(d) He was dating Miss Read also.
2. Franklin hated his father's trade and dreamed of doing what instead?
(a) Becoming a soldier.
(b) Becoming a politician.
(c) Going to sea.
(d) Raising horses.
3. Josiah and his second wife had how many children?
4. Franklin regretted Miss Read's unfortunate marriage and did what?
(a) Set to resume a platonic relationship, but both still dated others.
(b) Set to pursue a platonic relationship.
(c) Set to resume their old relationship.
(d) Set to pursue a platonic relationship while he dated others.
5. In his autobiography, what point did Franklin devote the most pages to?
(a) His view of religion.
(b) His virtues plan.
(c) His father.
(d) His courtship of Miss Read.
Short Answer Questions
1. The British sent how many military troops to the American colonies led by General Braddock?
2. Franklin said he felt he and other inventors needed to be _____, and therefore he would not profit from his inventions?
3. A new preacher named Mr. Whitefield arrived in Philadelphia in what year?
4. Franklin took a new job at what wages?
5. Which foreign troops were barbaric toward the American colonists?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)