|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Franklin hated his father's trade and dreamed of doing what instead?
(a) Becoming a soldier.
(b) Raising horses.
(c) Going to sea.
(d) Becoming a politician.
2. What was the crown's response to the American proposal?
(a) They rejected the plan and sent an army to take over.
(b) They accepted the plan if Americans paid a special tax for an army.
(c) They rejected the plan and proposed an army paid by a special tax.
(d) They modified the plan and proposed a president that answered to the crown.
3. Braddock and the troops were sent for what two reasons?
(a) Defense and to assist the colonies.
(b) Defense and to keep the colonies in line.
(c) Offense and to keep the colonies in line.
(d) Occupation, keeping the colonies in line.
4. What did Franklin acquire for the British officers?
5. Josiah and his second wife had how many children?
Short Answer Questions
1. Franklin said he felt he and other inventors needed to be _____, and therefore he would not profit from his inventions?
2. Franklin undertook the improvement of law enforcement, including the appointment of non-biased policemen and what else?
3. Franklin considered Ralph a good friend, but an expensive one who did what?
4. What did Franklin's new employer who encouraged him to return to America do suddenly?
5. Franklin's family had to hide their religion in England in what manner?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)