|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In printing colonial documents, Franklin met a number of what type of men?
(a) Politically-oriented and influential.
(b) Religiously-oriented and influential.
(c) Militarily-oriented and influential.
(d) Commercially-oriented and influential.
2. Who provided Franklin a letter of recommendation when en route home from Philadelphia?
(a) Mayor of New York.
(b) William Bradford.
(c) Governor of the province.
(d) Mayor of Philadelphia.
3. Josiah was impressed by the letter of recommendation and allowed Franklin's return to Philadelphia to do what?
(a) Work for a few more years.
(b) Work for anothre year.
(c) Work in a trade other than printing.
(d) Work for two more years.
4. Franklin said it made more sense to start at the beginning and learn which language?
5. At his new employment, Franklin gave up part of his pay for what?
(a) A community sports ante.
(b) A community poker ante.
(c) A community horse racing ante.
(d) A community beer till.
Short Answer Questions
1. What public position did Franklin first achieve?
2. What did Franklin regret about his stay in England?
3. When did Franklin first write his Poor Richard's Almanac?
4. Franklin borrowed books from a shop which later inspired him to do what?
5. What did Franklin's new employer who encouraged him to return to America do suddenly?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)