|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which department did Franklin lobby for in Philadelphia that other cities simulated but he claimed was the best?
2. Franklin believed in God and attended church how frequently?
(c) Twice weekly.
3. Upon Franklin's promotion, what happened to the community ante?
(a) It remained about the same.
(b) It got somewhat higher.
(c) There was no ante in his new position.
(d) It got considerably higher.
4. Subscribers signed a promissory note and agreed to pay what for any book they did not return?
(a) The book's value.
(b) Twice the book's value.
(c) Two week's of their salary.
(d) Their entire subscription fee.
5. What was it Franklin did after the contact made his recommendation?
(a) Took a job at "The London Times".
(b) Took a job at Palmer's print house.
(c) Took a job at Pallone's print shop.
(d) Spent all his remaining money on lavish celebration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem was it Josiah cited why Franklin could not set up his own print shop upon his return from Philadelphia?
2. While waiting to set up his own shop, Franklin printed what for a colonial government?
3. Their first customer was referred to them by which of Franklin's friends?
4. William Bradford referred Franklin to which son in Philadelphia, also a printer?
5. Franklin made a final note about his not going to public church services as perhaps "blamable" but that he made no excuse as his purpose was to do what?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)