|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Franklin considered Ralph a good friend, but an expensive one who did what?
(a) Refused to get a job and cheated Franklin.
(b) Used Franklin's name to get a job and cheated him.
(c) Got a job without Franklin's aid but cheated him.
(d) Lived a lavish life and cheated Franklin.
2. When Franklin asked for three pennies worth of something at a bakery in Philadelphia, he received three giant rolls and realized what?
(a) He would run out of money within two days.
(b) Not all the colonies were culturally identical.
(c) He should ask the prices first.
(d) Prices were relatively the same in the colonies.
3. Franklin said that when he thought about religion, he settled on what as the key factors of a successful and happy human being?
(a) Truth, simplicity, integrity.
(b) Truth, sincerity, intelligence.
(c) Trust, sincerity, integrity.
(d) Truth, sincerity, integrity.
4. What did Franklin hope would result when he included his collection of virtues in his autobiography?
(a) They "may follow the example and spare themselves regret."
(b) They "may follow the example and reap the benefit."
(c) They "may follow my example or similar virtues guidance."
(d) They "may follow my virtues and achieve the reward."
5. When did Franklin first write his Poor Richard's Almanac?
Short Answer Questions
1. Franklin took a new job at what wages?
2. In his autobiography, what point did Franklin devote the most pages to?
3. His father told him he might consider helping him out if Franklin did what?
4. Franklin borrowed books from a shop which later inspired him to do what?
5. Franklin said it made more sense to start at the beginning and learn which language?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)