|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Franklin took a new job at what wages?
(a) Equal wages, but longer hours.
2. Franklin courted which young lady before he left Philadelphia to select his printing equipment?
(a) Miss Rodgers.
(b) Miss Reid.
(c) Miss Ralph.
(d) Miss Read.
3. What did Franklin hope would result when he included his collection of virtues in his autobiography?
(a) They "may follow the example and reap the benefit."
(b) They "may follow my virtues and achieve the reward."
(c) They "may follow my example or similar virtues guidance."
(d) They "may follow the example and spare themselves regret."
4. In his autobiography, the author noted the library became a popular hang-out for which individuals?
(c) Intellectual club members.
(d) Bored youth.
5. What did the co-worker who helped Franklin do when he was able to set up shop?
(a) Failed to show up for work.
(b) Set up some distance away.
(c) Walked out.
(d) Gave their notice.
Short Answer Questions
1. A new preacher arrived of whom Franklin approved as his sermons supported virtuous values, and he published pamphlets for him until he soon learned his sermons plagiarized which individuals?
2. On his first day in Philadelphia, as he walked down the road, Franklin passed what for the first time?
3. Josiah was impressed by the letter of recommendation and allowed Franklin's return to Philadelphia to do what?
4. Franklin borrowed books from a shop which later inspired him to do what?
5. Franklin said it made more sense to start at the beginning and learn which language?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)