1. In Chapter 1, the narrator states that he is led to reveal his secret by the same impulse as what?
“The unfound-out criminal.”
2. The narrator says in Chapter 1 that he feels “a sort of diabolical desire to gather up all the little tragedies” of his life and turn them into what?
“A practical joke on society.”
3. The narrator of the novel was born in a small town in what state?
4. The narrator of the novel was born a few years after the close of what war?
The Civil War.
5. What does the narrator describe surrounding the flowers in the front yard of his childhood home in Chapter 1?
This section contains 4,710 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)