|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what mode of transportation do the narrator and the millionaire arrive in Paris in Chapter 9?
2. How old does the narrator say he was when he “appeared on a program with a number of adults at an entertainment given for some charitable purpose, and carried off the honors” in Chapter 2?
3. What is not allowed at the “Club,” according to the narrator in Chapter 7?
4. The narrator states in Chapter 2, “In the life of every one there is a limited number of unhappy experiences which are not written upon the memory, but stamped there with” what?
(a) “Bad memories.”
(b) “Vivid detail.”
(c) “A die.”
(d) “Extreme pressure.”
5. What food does the narrator describe as having the power of absorbing alcoholic liquors that have been taken into the stomach in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the narrator compare a massive iceberg viewed from the ship in Chapter 9?
2. In what amount of time does the narrator dispose of his equity for more than double his investment in the tenement-house in Chapter 11?
3. The Union soldier says in Chapter 10, “After all, racial supremacy is merely a matter of” what?
4. When was James Weldon Johnson born?
5. The husband of the woman who runs the boarding house is from where in Chapter 5?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)