|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator describe spending many evenings and where “music there made [him] strangely reminiscent of my life in Connecticut” in Chapter 9?
(a) The Champs Elysees.
(b) The Grand Boulevards.
(c) The Hotel Continental.
(d) The Grand Opera.
2. How much money per week is the room that the narrator rents at the boarding house in the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. Where has the narrator arrived in the beginning of Chapter 11?
(d) New York City.
4. How many times does the narrator say he’s changed his place of employment since returning to New York in Chapter 11?
5. Where had the Union soldier invested capital, according to the narrator in Chapter 10?
(c) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. The husband of the woman who runs the boarding house is from where in Chapter 5?
2. What kind of school does the narrator begin studying at in Chapter 11?
3. The narrator quotes an African American man as once having said, “"It's no disgrace to be black, but it's often very” what?
4. Where is the narrator headed by ship in the beginning of Chapter 10?
5. Whose love from the opera Faust does the narrator describe as a mockery in Chapter 9?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)