|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose love from the opera Faust does the narrator describe as a mockery in Chapter 9?
2. While at the opera in Chapter 9, the narrator realizes that the beautiful young woman sitting next to him is whom?
(a) His neighbor.
(b) His siter.
(c) His coworker.
(d) His cousin.
3. It is the narrator’s duty to bring what to the tall man with the small, dark moustache when he visits in Chapter 1?
(a) A glass of water.
(b) Slices of bread with butter.
4. According to the narrator in Chapter 2, the two immediate results of his “forced loneliness” were finding company in books and greater pleasure in what?
5. The landlord of the boarding house in Chapter 5 makes approximately how many cigars per day?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the narrator claim to have developed a “sympathetic bond” with at school in Chapter 2?
2. The landlady and her husband at the boarding house tell the narrator that the big winter hotels would not open within how much time in the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. Where is the narrator headed by ship in the beginning of Chapter 10?
4. How does the narrator describe the chairs in the parlor at the rooming house where he arrives in the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. Who collected the Uncle Remus stories in the narrative?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)