|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day of the week does the narrator’s mother play the piano in Chapter 1?
2. What does the narrator describe growing along the edge of the fence by the vegetable garden in Chapter 1?
3. The narrator’s mother supported herself and her son by what means, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
(b) Giving violin lessons.
(c) Growing vegetables.
(d) Tutoring students.
4. What does the narrator say he has never been good at because his “ideas of interpretation were always too strongly individual”?
(a) Running a business.
(b) An accompanist.
(c) Interpreting the Bible.
(d) Composing music.
5. What is the nickname of the fourteen-year-old boy that the narrator befriends in Chapter 1?
(a) Black hair.
(b) Green eyes.
(c) Blue foot.
(d) Red Head.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator claims in Chapter 1, “As I look back now I can see that I was a perfect little” what?
2. What does the narrator say he had a particular fondness for in his childhood in Chapter 1?
3. How does the narrator say he changed his attitudes toward his peers after the discovery that he was biracial?
4. How old does the narrator say he was when he “appeared on a program with a number of adults at an entertainment given for some charitable purpose, and carried off the honors” in Chapter 2?
5. Who wrote the Christian allegory The Pilgrim's Progress from This World to That Which Is to Come?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)