|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator states in Chapter 2, “In the life of every one there is a limited number of unhappy experiences which are not written upon the memory, but stamped there with” what?
(a) “Extreme pressure.”
(b) “Bad memories.”
(c) “A die.”
(d) “Vivid detail.”
2. To whom does the narrator say he became inseparable in school in Chapter 2?
(a) Joel Chandler Harris.
(b) Red Head.
(c) The Girl.
3. What does the tall man with the small, dark moustache drill a hole through in Chapter 1 as the narrator watches?
(a) A two-dollar silver piece.
(b) A five-dollar silver piece.
(c) A five-dollar gold piece.
(d) A ten-dollar gold piece.
4. Whose schoolwork did the narrator largely complete for him, as described in Chapter 2?
(a) Red Head’s.
(c) The Girl's.
5. Where does the narrator move with his mother in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator describe surrounding the flowers in the front yard of his childhood home in Chapter 1?
2. What does the narrator describe under the shed in the backyard of his childhood home in Chapter 1?
3. The narrator claims in Chapter 1, “As I look back now I can see that I was a perfect little” what?
4. By what age could the narrator play by ear all of the hymns and songs his mother knew?
5. The narrator of the novel was born in a small town in what state?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)