|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator states in Chapter 2, “In the life of every one there is a limited number of unhappy experiences which are not written upon the memory, but stamped there with” what?
(a) “Bad memories.”
(b) “Extreme pressure.”
(c) “A die.”
(d) “Vivid detail.”
2. The narrator of the novel was born a few years after the close of what war?
(a) The War of 1812.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) World War I.
(d) World War II.
3. What does the tall man with the small, dark moustache drill a hole through in Chapter 1 as the narrator watches?
(a) A ten-dollar gold piece.
(b) A two-dollar silver piece.
(c) A five-dollar gold piece.
(d) A five-dollar silver piece.
4. The narrator claims in Chapter 1, “As I look back now I can see that I was a perfect little” what?
5. What does the narrator describe surrounding the flowers in the front yard of his childhood home in Chapter 1?
(a) Glass bottles.
(b) Cherry trees.
(c) A white picket fence.
(d) Large rocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose schoolwork did the narrator largely complete for him, as described in Chapter 2?
2. How does the narrator say he changed his attitudes toward his peers after the discovery that he was biracial?
3. It is the narrator’s duty to bring what to the tall man with the small, dark moustache when he visits in Chapter 1?
4. What nickname does the narrator give to the boy in his class whose face he describes as “black as night, but shone as though it was polished” in Chapter 1?
5. The narrator of the novel was born in a small town in what state?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)