|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Duncan do to show he has had an idea?
2. What had the Quagmires done in order to try and make sure the Baudelaires are safe?
3. What do the Baudelaire children see that Coach Genghis is holding in his hands?
4. Why does Isadora suggest that the helicopter never arrived to take the Baudelaire children away?
5. What does Klaus tell Coach Genghis that Coach Genghis is, making Klaus feel queasy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan do the Quagmires come up with?
2. How do the children do on their exams?
3. What does Principal Nero tell the children about the exams?
4. What does Coach Genghis tell the children to do when they meet him after dinner in Chapter 7?
5. Describe the topic of assumptions that the narrator speaks on in the beginning of Chapter 12.
6. Why do Klaus and Sunny not question Violet in Chapter 11 when she tells them she will need a crab for her invention?
7. What do the children see at the end of Chapter 11 that makes them realize something is wrong with the Quagmires?
8. What does Coach Genghis tell the children about the exercises the children are to do and orphan muscles.
9. Describe the plan that the Quagmires have put into action in order to help the Baudelaire children.
10. What does the narrator explain the children should be nervous about at the end of Chapter 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The children know that Count Olaf always has one or more of his accomplices around to help them.
1) Should the children have known that the two lunch ladies were friends of Count Olaf's? Explain.
2) Why were the lunch ladies able to avoid suspicion when Coach Genghis was not?
Essay Topic 2
The Baudelaire children seem to have a happy moment or two in this story, as they have in the other stories, although the stories always end rather sadly.
1) Would the stories seem different if it had ended at a point before Count Olaf showed up and the children were content with the Quagmire children? Explain.
2) Could the story have ended here rather than with Count Olaf kidnapping the Quagmires? Why?
Essay Topic 3
There is a lot of narcissism in regards to Coach Genghis and Principal Nero.
1) At what point does a person's self worth go from healthy to narcissism?
2) Is it better for a person to have low self esteem or be narcissistic? Explain.
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)