|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shows up and makes fun of Sunny sleeping in her salad?
(a) Carmelita Spats
(b) Coach Genghis
(c) Mrs. Bass
(d) Principal Nero
2. What does Coach Genghis have the Baudelaire children do the second night that they meet him after dinner?
(b) Run laps
(c) Do pushups
(d) Jog backwards
3. What horrible things does the author NOT say can happen to celery?
(a) Eaten with peanut butter
(b) Sliced up with clam dip
(c) Rot away in a field
(d) Eaten by a rabbit
4. What do the Quagmires say they will do in order to help the Baudelaire children?
(a) Pack them food for running away
(b) Put dye in the shower heads
(c) Sneak out to keep an eye on them and Coach Genghis
(d) Pull the fire allarm to get the adults out with them
5. What happens to Klaus and Isadora over lunch?
(a) They trip and fall with their food
(b) They get punished by Principal Nero
(c) They get into a fight with Carmelita
(d) They fight
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Klaus say they were allowed to go to bed?
2. How many hours are the Baudelaire children able to sleep before getting up to start the day of classes?
3. When does the narrator say he found energy he didn't know he had?
4. What does Violet pull out of Sunny's hair?
5. What does Carmelita tell the children they owe her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Coach Genghis tell the children about the exercises the children are to do and orphan muscles.
2. What does the narrator explain that Coach Genghis has the Baudelaire children do every night?
3. What does the narrator explain the children should be nervous about at the end of Chapter 10?
4. In Chapter 11 in what way are the children reminded of being at home?
5. What do the children see at the end of Chapter 11 that makes them realize something is wrong with the Quagmires?
6. Describe the reaction that the Baudelaire children have when they look at the Quagmires in their disguises.
7. Describe how the day goes while the Baudelaire children are waiting for their meeting with Coach Genghis.
8. What happens to the children's school work as a result of their S.O.R.E.?
9. What is odd about the fact that Violet says "if we are lucky" as the narrator describes it in Chapter 8?
10. How do the children do on their exams?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)