|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the chef in Mr. Remora's story of the mushroom?
2. What does Sunny say when the children are discussing people who could help them figure out something?
3. What do the Quagmires tell the Baudelaires at dinner time?
(a) They know where the assistants of Coach Genghis are
(b) They have called the police
(c) They have taken care of Coach Genghis
(d) They have solved the problem
4. What happens to Klaus and Isadora over lunch?
(a) They trip and fall with their food
(b) They get punished by Principal Nero
(c) They get into a fight with Carmelita
(d) They fight
5. What does the luminous circle the children had painted get compared to?
(a) The ring of losers
(b) The number of dates the Pope gets
(c) The total of their strength
(d) A donut of despair
Short Answer Questions
1. What invention does Violet say she thinks she can come up with?
2. What does Violet say is the shape of her potato?
3. What is the second message that Carmelita brings to the Baudelaire children along with the message to meet Coach Genghis outside after dinner?
4. What does Principal Nero say about Carmelita Spats?
5. What does Coach Genghis have the Baudelaire children do the second night that they meet him after dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Baudelaire children do in the shack to get ready for the exams?
2. What is odd about the fact that Violet says "if we are lucky" as the narrator describes it in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 11 in what way are the children reminded of being at home?
4. What does the narrator explain the children should be nervous about at the end of Chapter 10?
5. What plan do the Quagmires come up with?
6. Why do Klaus and Sunny not question Violet in Chapter 11 when she tells them she will need a crab for her invention?
7. Describe how the day goes while the Baudelaire children are waiting for their meeting with Coach Genghis.
8. How do the children do on their exams?
9. Describe the plan that the Quagmires have put into action in order to help the Baudelaire children.
10. Describe the symbol that the luminous circle begins to take on.
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)