|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What invention does Violet say she thinks she can come up with?
(a) Something to help her pass her test
(b) Something to unmask Count Olaf
(c) Something to get ride of the pink hearts on the wall
(d) Something to make staples
2. What does the narrator say is the only reason a person shouldn't get a good night's sleep?
(a) They are being made to do S.O.R.E activities
(b) They have come to the good part in their book
(c) They are the Baudelaire children
(d) They hate doing well in school
3. What color is the cover on the book that Mrs. Bass asks about the measurements on?
(b) Polka dotted
4. What does Sunny say when the children are discussing people who could help them figure out something?
5. What do the Baudelaires realize when they see the Quagmires' disguises?
(a) They need more time
(b) They are late for the S.O.R.E.s
(c) They don't look much like them
(d) They forgot to put makeup on Isadora
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Violet thinking about while sitting in class?
2. What happens to Klaus and Isadora over lunch?
3. Why does Duncan say that Count Olaf didn't ask the Baudelaire children for their fortune?
4. What had the Quagmires done in order to try and make sure the Baudelaires are safe?
5. What are the children doing the next day after having run all night long?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Klaus and Sunny not question Violet in Chapter 11 when she tells them she will need a crab for her invention?
2. What does Coach Genghis tell the children about the exercises the children are to do and orphan muscles.
3. What is odd about the fact that Violet says "if we are lucky" as the narrator describes it in Chapter 8?
4. Describe how the day goes while the Baudelaire children are waiting for their meeting with Coach Genghis.
5. What does the narrator explain that Coach Genghis has the Baudelaire children do every night?
6. Describe the symbol that the luminous circle begins to take on.
7. Describe the topic of assumptions that the narrator speaks on in the beginning of Chapter 12.
8. What happens to the children's school work as a result of their S.O.R.E.?
9. What does Principal Nero tell the children about the exams?
10. What are the children sore from in the beginning of Chapter 8?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)