|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What colors were the rocks in the dump truck?
(a) Red, purple, and green
(b) Black and white
(c) Gray and brown
(d) Brown and black
2. What does Coach Genghis have the Baudelaire children do the second night that they meet him after dinner?
(a) Do pushups
(b) Jog backwards
(c) Run laps
3. What do the Quagmires say they will do so that Klaus and Violet will have time to study for their tests?
(a) Distract Coach Genghis
(b) Put sleeping powerder in Coach Genghis' food
(c) Burn the school down
(d) Put on disguises and run in their place
4. What is Mrs. Bass having Klaus do in class?
(a) Measure their heads
(b) Measure the desks
(c) Measure pieces of papers
(d) Measure pencils
5. What does Duncan say he is looking through old newspapers to find information on?
(a) Coach Genghis teaching certificate
(b) School loopholes
(c) Count Olaf's past
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the narrator say he found energy he didn't know he had?
2. Who enters the shack and tells the children how hard their tests will be?
3. What does Klaus say he had though briefly about doing?
4. What does Principal Nero say he has never gotten to do before?
5. Why do the children not invent, think, or bite anything?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator explain the children should be nervous about at the end of Chapter 10?
2. What do the children see at the end of Chapter 11 that makes them realize something is wrong with the Quagmires?
3. Describe the reaction that the Baudelaire children have when they look at the Quagmires in their disguises.
4. What is odd about the fact that Violet says "if we are lucky" as the narrator describes it in Chapter 8?
5. What does Coach Genghis tell the children about the exercises the children are to do and orphan muscles.
6. In Chapter 11 in what way are the children reminded of being at home?
7. What does the narrator explain that Coach Genghis has the Baudelaire children do every night?
8. What does Coach Genghis tell the children to do when they meet him after dinner in Chapter 7?
9. Describe how the shack has changed as it is described in the beginning of Chapter 10.
10. What do the Baudelaire children do in the shack to get ready for the exams?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)