|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children find the shack is infested with?
2. What does Principal Nero say the classroom numbers are for Violet and Klaus?
(a) Room A and room B
(b) Room one and room two
(c) The first and last rooms
(d) Room 10 and Room 20
3. What is the reason that Coach Genghis is wearing high top sneakers?
(a) To conceal his eye tattoo on his ankle
(b) To keep the marks left by Klaus hidden
(c) To hide a scar left on him by Sunny's bitting
(d) Because his ankles are weak
4. What is Principal Nero doing when the Baudelaire children walk into his office?
(a) Putting up his hair
(b) Practicing his violin
(d) Writing his next sonata
5. What does Klaus laugh about realizing as they are walking to the administration building?
(a) Count Olaf's turban makes him look like a woman
(b) They will have to buy Nero candy
(c) They will have to eat their meals with their hands
(d) They will have to have their hands tied behind their backs
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children decide to go and ask Principal Nero first thing in the morning?
2. What are Violet, Klaus and Sunny forced to eat without any silverware?
3. Who does the narrator say is the hero of the story?
4. Who does Carmelita deliver the message from?
5. What is Violet going to have to miss that day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Principal Nero tell the children about his life and being principal?
2. What do the children explain to Principal Nero is the reason that they have come to see him?
3. What do the Quagmire children tell the Baudelaire children that they will do in regards to Count Olaf in Chapter 5?
4. Describe the scene in Principal Nero's office where the children are trying to act like they are joking about Coach Genghis' outfit being a disguise.
5. After having discussed Olaf and their plans to unmask him in Chapter 5 what do the children talk about?
6. Explain the narrator's discussion about triptychs and the one he has and the one he would make to signify the Baudelaire children.
7. What does the narrator say about the school motto and the effect that it has as the children walk into the school at the end of Chapter 1?
8. Describe the scene as the Baudelaire children are told to leave Nero's office in Chapter 2.
9. How is Principal Nero's sonata in Chapter 5 described?
10. Describe Violet's class in room one with Mr. Remora.
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)