|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What of Mrs. Bass' features makes her look like a gorilla?
(a) Her thumbs
(b) Her red bottom
(c) Her nose
(d) Her hair
2. What does Klaus say the school motto translates to?
(a) Death to all who enter here
(b) Remember you will die
(c) It's to late to turn back
(d) Run, run while you can
3. What does Carmelita tell the children it is traditional to give a special messenger?
(a) A thank you
(b) A message back to the other person
(c) A tip
(d) A smile
4. What does Klaus remember doing on the picnic?
(a) Looking for arrowheads
(b) Picking blackberries
(c) Swinging from a low limb
(d) Catching turtles
5. What is the server in the cafeteria wearing to protect his face from the hot lasagna?
(a) Metal mask
(b) Wooley cap over his face
(c) Splash guard
(d) Hockey mask
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saves the Baudelaires from Carmelita Spats in the cafeteria?
2. What would the children rather look at than anything else when they first arrive at Prufrock Preparatory School?
3. In class what does Carmelita whisper in Violet's ear when she pokes her and causes Violet to loose her concentration?
4. What is the punishment for being late to a violin recital?
5. What has Nero instructed the children to do during gym time until the replacement gym teacher comes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in Principal Nero's office where the children are trying to act like they are joking about Coach Genghis' outfit being a disguise.
2. What do the children explain to Principal Nero is the reason that they have come to see him?
3. Describe Violet's class in room one with Mr. Remora.
4. Explain the narrator's discussion about triptychs and the one he has and the one he would make to signify the Baudelaire children.
5. How does the narrator describe the words 'hee hee hee' to the reader as the Baudelaire children hear them in the end of Chapter 2?
6. What causes the children to lose their appetites in Chapter 6?
7. Why does Klaus not accuse Coach Genghis of being Count Olaf when Coach Genghis enters in Chapter 6?
8. What does the narrator say about the school motto and the effect that it has as the children walk into the school at the end of Chapter 1?
9. What is described about the Baudelaires past in the beginning of Chapter 2?
10. What do the children do when Coach Genghis walks into the office and says that he might really be Count Olaf in disguise?
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)