|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing the Baudelaire children can count on from Mr. Poe?
(a) That he will be coughing
(b) That he will complicate matters
(c) That he should be a jar of mustard
(d) That he will repremand the children for being rude
2. What does Principal Nero expect the Baudelaire children to do after he has introduced himself?
(a) Sing 'Alleluia'
(b) Shake hands
(c) Introduce themselves
3. What did Klaus read about that helps him translate the school motto?
(a) Latin Languages
(b) Eastern Languages
(c) Middle Ages
(d) How to Translate School Mottos'
4. What is Principal Nero's nose compared to?
(a) Cherry tomato
5. Who does Carmelita deliver the message from?
(a) Mr. Remora
(b) Coach Genghis
(c) Principal Nero
(d) Mrs. Bass
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Klaus likes to do best?
2. What does Nero say the children have to have in order to live in the dormitory?
3. What reason does Count Olaf torment the Baudelaire children?
4. What does Principal Nero say that they will do if need be in order to get the children a proper education?
5. Who saves the Baudelaires from Carmelita Spats in the cafeteria?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is described about the Baudelaires past in the beginning of Chapter 2?
2. How does the narrator describe the words 'hee hee hee' to the reader as the Baudelaire children hear them in the end of Chapter 2?
3. Why does Klaus not accuse Coach Genghis of being Count Olaf when Coach Genghis enters in Chapter 6?
4. Describe the scene as the Baudelaire children are told to leave Nero's office in Chapter 2.
5. What do Coach Genghis and Principal Nero talk about on the way to the auditorium?
6. Describe the story of Violet and Klaus going to the fair when their uncle entered a pig into the contest.
7. What do the Quagmire and Baudelaire children talk about doing when they grow up in Chapter 4?
8. Describe Violet's class in room one with Mr. Remora.
9. Describe what is found once the children get into the shack in Chapter 3.
10. Describe what Violet is thinking about in Chapter 1 as they are walking towards the school for the first time.
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)