|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who walks into the shack surprising the children?
(a) Principal Nero
(b) Mr. Poe
(c) Mrs. Bass
(d) Mr. Remora
2. What does Mr. Poe say that there is at the school to keep Count Olaf away?
(a) A group of dogs
(b) A security fence
(c) Watch guards
(d) An advanced computer
3. What does Klaus say the school motto translates to?
(a) It's to late to turn back
(b) Death to all who enter here
(c) Run, run while you can
(d) Remember you will die
4. What do the Quagmires tell the Baudelaire children on their first Friday at the school?
(a) Saturday and Sunday are fasting days
(b) Satruday and Sunday the students have to work in the garden
(c) Saturday and Sunday are regular school days
(d) Saturday and Sunday they have to clean the entire school
5. Where do the children find a fungus growing in the shack?
(a) On the hay bales
Short Answer Questions
1. In class what does Carmelita whisper in Violet's ear when she pokes her and causes Violet to loose her concentration?
2. What is coming out from between the brick sidewalk the Baudelaire children are standing on?
3. Who does Carmelita deliver the message from?
4. What does Principal Nero expect the Baudelaire children to do after he has introduced himself?
5. What does Sunny say she can do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is described about the Baudelaires past in the beginning of Chapter 2?
2. What is the description of the Prufrock Prep that is given in Chapter 1 as the children and Mr. Poe look up at it?
3. What does Carmelita Spats tell the Baudelaire children in the cafeteria in Chapter 6?
4. What background information is given to the reader in Chapter 1 regarding the relationship and past events between the Baudelaire children and Count Olaf?
5. Describe what Violet is thinking about in Chapter 1 as they are walking towards the school for the first time.
6. Describe the scene as the Baudelaire children are told to leave Nero's office in Chapter 2.
7. What does Principal Nero tell the children about his life and being principal?
8. Why does Klaus not accuse Coach Genghis of being Count Olaf when Coach Genghis enters in Chapter 6?
9. What does Mr. Poe tell the children as they walk up to the Prufrock Preparatory School?
10. What causes the children to lose their appetites in Chapter 6?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)