|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Principal Nero's tie decorated with?
2. What did Sunny do on the picnic at the lake with their parents?
(a) Bite rocks
(b) Looked at bugs
(c) Found a tree to sleep under
(d) Went swiming
3. What does the narrator explain about Prufrock Preparatory School in its current state?
(a) It was destroyed in a fire
(b) It is closed
(c) It is used as a prison
(d) It is an old folks home
4. What does Coach Genghis give to Nero?
(a) A picture of himself
(b) A rose
(c) A new bow for his violin
(d) A boquet
5. What instrument do the children hear when they are standing outside Nero's office?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children decide to go and ask Principal Nero first thing in the morning?
2. What does Carmelita tell the children it is traditional to give a special messenger?
3. What do the Baudelaires sprinkle on the ceiling?
4. What does Principal Nero tell the children is the only thing under his nose?
5. What is the color of the walls in the shack?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carmelita Spats tell the Baudelaire children in the cafeteria in Chapter 6?
2. What does Principal Nero tell the children about his life and being principal?
3. How does the narrator describe the words 'hee hee hee' to the reader as the Baudelaire children hear them in the end of Chapter 2?
4. Describe what is found once the children get into the shack in Chapter 3.
5. After having discussed Olaf and their plans to unmask him in Chapter 5 what do the children talk about?
6. What happens when Sunny runs out of staples?
7. Describe the scene in Principal Nero's office where the children are trying to act like they are joking about Coach Genghis' outfit being a disguise.
8. What is the explanation that the narrator gives the expression "Mountain out of a Molehill" in Chapter 3?
9. Describe the story of Violet and Klaus going to the fair when their uncle entered a pig into the contest.
10. What does Mr. Poe tell the children as they walk up to the Prufrock Preparatory School?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)