|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What horrible things does the author NOT say can happen to celery?
(a) Rot away in a field
(b) Eaten by a rabbit
(c) Sliced up with clam dip
(d) Eaten with peanut butter
2. What is Klaus' job while Violet begins the staple-making process?
(a) Study the Quagmires' notebooks
(b) To take a quick nap
(c) To do the laundry
(d) To go see how the Quagmires are doing
3. Why do the children not invent, think, or bite anything?
(a) Too tired
(b) Too scared
(c) Too busy
(d) Too woried
4. What does Duncan say he will loan to Violet?
(a) His copy of the test Mr. Remora gives
(b) His fork
(c) His shoes
(d) His notes over Mr. Remora's stories
5. What is the difference in the stories Klaus would read at home and the ones he was reading in the orphan shack?
(a) They didn't count for a grade at home
(b) He was able to quit at home
(c) They were never so boring at home
(d) The books at home had pictures
6. Who is missing from the lunch room?
(a) The lunch ladies
(b) Coach Genghis
(c) The Quagmires
(d) Carmelita Spats
7. What do the students have to do at gym time?
(a) Run around
(b) Play dodge ball
(c) Do jumping jacks
(d) Push ups
8. What does Carmelita tell the children they owe her?
(a) A thank you
(b) Two tips
9. What does Duncan say the man in the article found in the Bangkok Gazette had been arrested for?
(b) Robbing a bank
(c) Strangling a Bishop
10. What does Sunny say when the children are discussing people who could help them figure out something?
11. What does Principal Nero say about Carmelita Spats?
(a) Carmelita is his favorite student
(b) Her daddy has a lot of money
(c) She is Coach Genghis' special messenger
(d) He doesn't know who Carmelita Spats is
12. What does Principal Nero say is hard about Sunny's papers?
(a) They are recycled paper
(b) They are extra thick
(c) They won't staple themselves
(d) They are to be mailed today
13. What are the children doing the next day after having run all night long?
(c) Falling asleep
14. What does Klaus say he hope hasn't dulled Violet's inventing skills?
(a) The scare of being with Coach Genghis
(b) Lack of sleep
(c) Mr. Remora's dull stories
(d) The violin recitals
15. What colors were the rocks in the dump truck?
(a) Brown and black
(b) Red, purple, and green
(c) Gray and brown
(d) Black and white
Short Answer Questions
1. What inventor does Violet say she thinks could help them?
2. What is Violet thinking about while sitting in class?
3. What does Violet say she and her siblings could do?
4. Why does Isadora suggest that the helicopter never arrived to take the Baudelaire children away?
5. What color is the cover on the book that Mrs. Bass asks about the measurements on?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)