|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Duncan say the man in the article found in the Bangkok Gazette had been arrested for?
(a) Robbing a bank
(d) Strangling a Bishop
2. What does Carmelita tell the children they owe her?
(a) A thank you
(b) Two tips
3. What does Isador suggest they use as a substitute for Sunny to trick Coach Genghis?
(a) Sack of flour
(b) Loaf of bread
(c) Mathmatics text book
(d) Bag of dirty laundry
4. What does Violet say she and her siblings could do?
(a) Go to the exercises
(b) Kill Count Olaf
(c) Phone the police
(d) Run away
5. What do the Baudelaires realize when they see the Quagmires' disguises?
(a) They don't look much like them
(b) They forgot to put makeup on Isadora
(c) They need more time
(d) They are late for the S.O.R.E.s
6. Where does Violet get the piece of yarn to tie around the bag of flour?
(a) Found it laying on the floor
(b) Principal Nero's coat
(c) Klaus' shirt
(d) Duncan's sweater
7. What does Principal Nero say proves that Coach Genghis isn't Count Olaf?
(a) His advanced computer
(b) Coach Genghis resume
(c) The running shoes
(d) The turban
8. Why do the children not invent, think, or bite anything?
(a) Too busy
(b) Too tired
(c) Too woried
(d) Too scared
9. What does Carmelita call the Baudelaires after she sees Sunny sleeping in her salad?
10. What color is the cover on the book that Mrs. Bass asks about the measurements on?
(d) Polka dotted
11. What does Coach Genghis have the Baudelaire children do the second night that they meet him after dinner?
(a) Jog backwards
(b) Do pushups
(d) Run laps
12. Who is missing from the lunch room?
(a) The lunch ladies
(b) Coach Genghis
(c) Carmelita Spats
(d) The Quagmires
13. What does Principal Nero say he has never gotten to do before?
(a) Expel a student
(b) Ride in a fire truck
(c) Flunk a student
(d) Slap an orphan
14. What are the children doing the next day after having run all night long?
(b) Falling asleep
15. What does the narrator say he went to a masquerade ball as?
(a) Lemony Snicket
(d) Bob Hope
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Klaus say he had though briefly about doing?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 9 what do the children know about Coach Genghis' plan?
3. What is the second message that Carmelita brings to the Baudelaire children along with the message to meet Coach Genghis outside after dinner?
4. What was the name of the chef in Mr. Remora's story of the mushroom?
5. What does the narrator say the children should have been nervous about?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)