|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the Quagmires done in order to try and make sure the Baudelaires are safe?
(a) Went and found a gun
(b) Snuck into Coach Genghis' sleeping quarters
(c) Took pictures
(d) Took turns watching them run all night
2. What does Isadora say she thought might have been the purpose of the circle Coach Genghis had them make?
(a) To make the lawn pretty
(b) So that Coach Genghis could blame the children for vandelism
(c) For a helicopter to land
(d) For Coach Genghis to trip the Baudelaire children
3. What does Principal Nero say proves that Coach Genghis isn't Count Olaf?
(a) Coach Genghis resume
(b) The turban
(c) His advanced computer
(d) The running shoes
4. Who enters the shack and tells the children how hard their tests will be?
(a) Principal Nero
(b) The Quagmires
(c) Coach Genghis
(d) Mrs. Bass
5. What do the Quagmires say they will do in order to help the Baudelaire children?
(a) Pack them food for running away
(b) Pull the fire allarm to get the adults out with them
(c) Sneak out to keep an eye on them and Coach Genghis
(d) Put dye in the shower heads
6. How many questions do the Baudelaire children have to miss before they flunk?
7. What does Coach Genghis have the Baudelaire children do the second night that they meet him after dinner?
(b) Run laps
(c) Jog backwards
(d) Do pushups
8. What do the students have to do at gym time?
(a) Play dodge ball
(b) Run around
(c) Push ups
(d) Do jumping jacks
9. Where does the narrator say the woman was he approached at the masquerade ball?
(a) Back porch
(c) Dance floor
10. What does Klaus tell Coach Genghis that Coach Genghis is, making Klaus feel queasy?
(a) He is handsome
(b) He is intelligent
(c) They are glad to be there with him
(d) He is tallented
11. What was the name of the chef in Mr. Remora's story of the mushroom?
12. What happens to Klaus and Isadora over lunch?
(a) They get punished by Principal Nero
(b) They trip and fall with their food
(c) They get into a fight with Carmelita
(d) They fight
13. What do the Quagmires say they will do so that Klaus and Violet will have time to study for their tests?
(a) Put on disguises and run in their place
(b) Put sleeping powerder in Coach Genghis' food
(c) Distract Coach Genghis
(d) Burn the school down
14. What does Duncan say he will loan to Violet?
(a) His fork
(b) His shoes
(c) His notes over Mr. Remora's stories
(d) His copy of the test Mr. Remora gives
15. What does Carmelita tell the children they owe her?
(a) Two tips
(d) A thank you
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the children not invent, think, or bite anything?
2. Who is missing from the lunch room?
3. What is Mrs. Bass having Klaus do in class?
4. Where does Violet get the piece of yarn to tie around the bag of flour?
5. What does the narrator say he went to a masquerade ball as?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)