|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument do the children hear when they are standing outside Nero's office?
2. What does Klaus explain is their adversity?
(a) The death of their parents
(b) The police
(c) Mr. Poe
(d) Count Olaf
3. What do the Quagmire triplets share with the Baudelaires?
4. What does Sunny say she can do?
(a) Bite the crabs
(b) Scrape the paint off the walls
(c) Bite the bales of hay until they are soft
(d) Order new beds at her secratary job
5. Who does Principal Nero say that Duncan Quagmire is?
(a) A thief
(b) Violet's boyfriend
(c) A liar
(d) Carmelita Spats' best friend
6. What word do the children use to describe the small animals in the shack?
7. What is Principal Nero's nose compared to?
(c) Cherry tomato
8. What does Principal Nero tell the children is the only thing under his nose?
(a) Smelly orphans
(b) His mouth
(c) The smell of something fishy
(d) His violin
9. Who saves the Baudelaires from Carmelita Spats in the cafeteria?
(a) The metal masked cafeteria ladies
(b) Count Olaf
(c) The Quagmire triplets
10. What book is Klaus thinking about that he has just read as he walks up towards the school?
(a) Reason for Moss
(b) Moss and it's Many Moods
(c) Moss Mysteries
(d) Moss-tly Fun
11. Who does Carmelita deliver the message from?
(a) Coach Genghis
(b) Principal Nero
(c) Mr. Remora
(d) Mrs. Bass
12. What does Principal Nero expect the Baudelaire children to do after he has introduced himself?
(b) Sing 'Alleluia'
(c) Shake hands
(d) Introduce themselves
13. What does the narrator explain about Prufrock Preparatory School in its current state?
(a) It is closed
(b) It is an old folks home
(c) It was destroyed in a fire
(d) It is used as a prison
14. What is NOT said that Count Olaf has done to the children?
(a) Atrocious cooking
(c) Nasty phone calls
(d) Hitting them
15. What do the Baudelaires sprinkle on the ceiling?
(a) Baby Powder
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nero tell the children the shack that they are going to live in is made out of?
2. What are Mrs. Bass and Mr. Remora sharing while they sit in the back row of the auditorium?
3. What is the only thing the Baudelaire children can count on from Mr. Poe?
4. What does Klaus say the school motto translates to?
5. What does the narrator say in regards to the Quagmire triplets helping the Baudelaires?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)