|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT said that Count Olaf has done to the children?
(a) Atrocious cooking
(b) Hitting them
(d) Nasty phone calls
2. What instrument do the children hear when they are standing outside Nero's office?
3. What does Principal Nero say the classroom numbers are for Violet and Klaus?
(a) Room A and room B
(b) Room 10 and Room 20
(c) The first and last rooms
(d) Room one and room two
4. What does Principal Nero tell the children is the only thing under his nose?
(a) Smelly orphans
(b) His violin
(c) The smell of something fishy
(d) His mouth
5. What does Klaus say would happen if they could get the turban off of Coach Genghis?
(a) They could play keep away with it
(b) They could make curtains out of it
(c) His head would catch a cold
(d) His one eyebrow would be revealed
6. What book is Klaus thinking about that he has just read as he walks up towards the school?
(a) Moss and it's Many Moods
(b) Moss-tly Fun
(c) Moss Mysteries
(d) Reason for Moss
7. What is the only thing the Baudelaire children can count on from Mr. Poe?
(a) That he should be a jar of mustard
(b) That he will complicate matters
(c) That he will be coughing
(d) That he will repremand the children for being rude
8. What do the Quagmire triplets share with the Baudelaires?
9. What is Principal Nero doing when the Baudelaire children walk into his office?
(b) Practicing his violin
(c) Writing his next sonata
(d) Putting up his hair
10. Why does Coach Genghis say he can't take off his turban?
(a) Religous reasons
(b) It keeps the sweat out of his eyes
(c) Because he hasn't bathed today
(d) His hair is a mess
11. What does Mr. Poe say the buildings look like?
(b) Tall places in which classes take place
12. What does Coach Genghis say is the reason for the present to Principal Nero?
(a) Because it was free
(b) The wonderful recital
(c) For giving him a job
(d) For the honor of working with such a genious
13. What does Coach Genghis tell Principal Nero is the main reason he wanted to come to work at Prufrock Prep?
(a) The medical benifits
(b) The good food
(c) The excelent orphans
(d) Nero's recitals
14. What does the narrator say happens whenever he looks at the paintings entitled "What Happened to Beatrice"?
(a) He cries
(b) He feels less alone
(c) He becomes frightened
(d) She shivers
15. What is coming out from between the brick sidewalk the Baudelaire children are standing on?
(c) Dark moss
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the punishment for being late for work or class?
2. What would the children rather look at than anything else when they first arrive at Prufrock Preparatory School?
3. What does Coach Genghis give to Nero?
4. What is the reason that Coach Genghis is wearing high top sneakers?
5. In class what does Carmelita whisper in Violet's ear when she pokes her and causes Violet to loose her concentration?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)