Essay Topic 1
Look at the behavior of Principal Nero.
1) Why does he insist on mocking the children?
2) Why does he raise their hopes about the dormitory before telling them they will live in the shack?
3) Why did he laugh at the children before they left?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Carmelita Spats' character. Compare her to Count Olaf. In what ways are they similar? In what ways are the different? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The Baudelaire children seem to have a happy moment or two in this story, as they have in the other stories, although the stories always end rather sadly.
1) Would the stories seem different if it had ended at a point before Count Olaf showed up and the children were content with the Quagmire children? Explain.
2) Could the story have ended here rather than with Count Olaf kidnapping the Quagmires? Why?
Essay Topic 4
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)