• The Baudelaire children arrive with Mr. Poe at the Prufrock Preparatory School.
• The Baudelaires watch the children at the school running around outside the building.
• The school looks very dark and dreary and Mr. Poe leaves the children as they go to meet their new principal.
• The school motto, 'Memento Mori', translates to 'Remember you will die'.
• The Baudelaire children enter the administrative building and hear very horrible violin playing.
• Principal Nero tells the children that he is a musical genius that doesn't have time to be bothered by small children.
• Principal Nero tells the children the rules and that Sunny will be his administrative assistant because they don't have a nursery.
• The children are told they will live in the orphan shack because they have no parents to sign the proper papers.
• The orphan shack is full of crabs, dripping fungus and a very...
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)