|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Janus, how long ago did an event directly lead to the emergence of humanity?
2. In Chapter 82, how many Neanderthals have survived?
3. In Chapter 63, who does Shaw think will try to capture the yacht by sunrise?
4. In Chapter 78, how close are Kate and her entourage to Malta?
5. Who killed Martin?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 73, what do Kate and David think may be the motive for Martin’s death?
2. What does Dorian see when he gets to Isla de Alboran?
3. In Chapter 71, who does Kate decide that she is?
4. What does Isla de Alboran look like?
5. How does Martin die?
6. What is Dr. Chang’s history?
7. In Chapter 71, to where does the door lead in Kate’s dream?
8. Why is the yacht out of fuel in Chapter 62?
9. How does Shaw get Kate and the others off the ship when it explodes in Chapter 55?
10. What is the Origin Entity?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
David and Kamau manage to take the outpost at Isla de Alboran. How many soldiers are stationed on the island? Why do only David and Kamau go to take the outpost? How do the two of them manage to take the outpost?
Essay Topic 2
In the novel, the author uses artistic license and blends fact and fiction to make the book seem more realistic. What are some of the instances where the author uses some truth, but twists the truth to advance the plot? How does the use of artistic license make the novel seem more real?
Essay Topic 3
Kamau never betrays David in the novel, even though David at times suspects him of being a traitor. When did David and Kamau first meet? How did David save Kamau’s life? What debt does Kamau feel he owes David? To what extremes does Kamau go to to never betray David?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)