|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago does Kate speculate that an Atlantean ship exploded?
2. How much fuel did the yacht David commandeered have when it left harbor in Ceuta?
3. In Chapter 87, how large is the burial chamber where Shaw hides?
4. At the end of Chapter 90, how old is the memory Kate has of Janus’s attempt to reverse the Atlanteans’ genetic interventions?
5. How many square miles do the islands of Malta cover?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Adam Shaw?
2. Who greets David in Chapter 94?
3. Why is the yacht out of fuel in Chapter 62?
4. How do David and Milo survey when Shaw sets off the explosions?
5. How are some people waiting out the plague?
6. What is the Origin Entity?
7. In Chapter 71, who does Kate decide that she is?
8. What weapon does Janus give Milo?
9. In Chapter 73, what do Kate and David think may be the motive for Martin’s death?
10. Where is Dorian injured when he regains consciousness in Chapter 57?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Immari and the Allies are locked in a battle for control after the plague breaks out. Which group has more ability to win in a confrontation? What gives the Immari their edge? Why do the Allies win in the end?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 23, Martin and Kate leave the autistic boys in Marbella. Why didn’t the boys get left at the resort? Who suggests first that they leave the boys? Why does Kate decide the boys will be better off in Marbella?
Essay Topic 3
Even before Kate is reunited with David, she dreams of him several times. How long did Kate and David know one another before they were separated? Why does Kate have to work to rebuild their relationship on the yacht? By the end of the novel, how would you describe their relationship?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)