|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Shaw kill Chang?
2. In Chapter 53, how many helicopters answer Sloane’s call?
3. How much fuel did the yacht David commandeered have when it left harbor in Ceuta?
4. Where was Kamau when the yacht’s engines stopped in Chapter 62?
5. In the Epilogue, how many years has Mary been returning for her shift every day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Martin die?
2. In Chapter 51, how does David get the men out of the control tower?
3. Why do David and the others decide to take the yacht to Isla de Alboran?
4. What is the Origin Entity?
5. Where are Kate, Shaw, Chang, and Janus when David and Kamau storm the island and what are they doing?
6. What’s wrong at the beginning of Chapter 93?
7. In Chapter 51, what does David say their chance of destroying the Ceuta base?
8. How are some people waiting out the plague?
9. In Chapter 71, who does Kate decide that she is?
10. Where is Dorian injured when he regains consciousness in Chapter 57?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
David and Kamau manage to take the outpost at Isla de Alboran. How many soldiers are stationed on the island? Why do only David and Kamau go to take the outpost? How do the two of them manage to take the outpost?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses cliffhangers to keep readers reading and to advance the plot. What are some instances where the author uses cliffhangers? How does leaving something unresolved entice readers to keep reading? How do cliffhangers advance the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Kate and David look for and find a stone box. How old is the box? How did it get to Malta? What is in the box? Why is this important to Kate? What role does the box play in ending the plague?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)