|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 82, how many doors does one room have?
2. How is Dorian injured in Chapter 57?
3. In Chapter 81, what do some sources claim the death rate is in some Orchid Districts?
4. In Chapter 75, by how much time does Dorian believe he has missed Kate and her entourage?
5. Where does the Epilogue take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who greets David in Chapter 94?
2. How was Kate conceived in 1918 and born in 1979?
3. In Chapter 51, what does David say their chance of destroying the Ceuta base?
4. How does Shaw get Kate and the others off the ship when it explodes in Chapter 55?
5. How are some people waiting out the plague?
6. How does Janus say that humanity emerged on Earth?
7. Why do David and the others decide to take the yacht to Isla de Alboran?
8. What does Dorian see when he gets to Isla de Alboran?
9. How did Milo save Kate and David?
10. What weapon does Janus give Milo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dorian was a conflicted man.
a. How did Dorian change from the time he was put in the tube, until the time he was released.
b. What influence changed him?
c. Why did he seem like two different men at times?
d. Who won final control over Dorian?
Essay Topic 2
Even before Kate is reunited with David, she dreams of him several times. How long did Kate and David know one another before they were separated? Why does Kate have to work to rebuild their relationship on the yacht? By the end of the novel, how would you describe their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
The Atlantis Gene is given to humans by off-world scientists.
a. Was the gene intended for humans?
b. What were some unintended consequences of passing on the gene to humans?
c. What advantages and disadvantages were there for the humans to having the gene?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)