|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animals does Kate see as she flees with Martin and the boys in Chapter 10?
2. What color is Johanna’s hair?
3. Where was Kate’s father buried?
4. Where was David when he received a stab wound just below his ribcage?
5. In Chapter 28, how big is the room where David Vale awakens?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Greek mythology who is the boatman?
2. Why did the ship rush the scientists’ awakening process in the Prologue?
3. In Chapter 45, what is Martin’s condition when Kate finds him?
4. Describe the “operating room” that Kate is using in Chapter 1?
5. How was the Bell involved with the Spanish flu in 1918?
6. Why is Major Rukin running the Ceuta base?
7. What does Dorian see in Chapter 26?
8. How does Kate get to the building where Martin is in Chapter 41?
9. Why are there tunnels under Marbella?
10. What does Kate see when she, Martin, and the boys leave the Orchid District in Chapter 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
David and Kamau manage to take the outpost at Isla de Alboran. How many soldiers are stationed on the island? Why do only David and Kamau go to take the outpost? How do the two of them manage to take the outpost?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 42, David makes an alliance with the Berbers. With whom does David make the alliance? What do the Berbers agree to do to bring down the Immari? How does the chief help personally? Would David have been able to take Ceuta without the Berbers?
Essay Topic 3
Even before Kate is reunited with David, she dreams of him several times. How long did Kate and David know one another before they were separated? Why does Kate have to work to rebuild their relationship on the yacht? By the end of the novel, how would you describe their relationship?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)