|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 43, where does Kate think Martin will be?
2. Since the outbreak, for what percent of the people infected was Orchid ineffective?
3. In Chapter 23, how old is the woman who shelters Martin, Kate, and the boys?
4. In Chapter 14, how many troops need to be moved to Antarctica?
5. In Chapter 15, where does the BBC believe that the Immari will strike next?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Dorian Sloane in Chapter 18?
2. In Chapter 14, what cities does the Immari control?
3. What precautions have the Immari taken at Ceuta if the outer walls are breached?
4. Why did the ship rush the scientists’ awakening process in the Prologue?
5. Where does Kate find herself in Chapter 29?
6. What drops from the helicopters in Chapter 12?
7. Where do Kate, Martin and the boys find shelter in Chapter 23?
8. In Chapter 45, what is Martin’s condition when Kate finds him?
9. How does Kate get to the building where Martin is in Chapter 41?
10. Describe the “operating room” that Kate is using in Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dorian was a conflicted man.
a. How did Dorian change from the time he was put in the tube, until the time he was released.
b. What influence changed him?
c. Why did he seem like two different men at times?
d. Who won final control over Dorian?
Essay Topic 2
Dorian and Ares have a bond between them. How did Ares influence Dorian when he was in the tube and then when Dorian was removed as a young boy? What did Ares give Dorian? How does these memories make Dorian what he is?
Essay Topic 3
The Atlantis Plague decimates the world in a very short time. How did the Plague begin? Why is it similar to the 1918 flu? How do the Allies and the Immari look at the plague differently? Why are the Allies focused on a cure, and the Immari are not?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)