|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people had died before the woman died from the Atlantis Plague in Chapter 1?
2. Where was David when he received a stab wound just below his ribcage?
3. In Chapter 12, what color is the gas that is dropped?
4. In Chapter 42, how many Berbers attack David?
5. In Chapter 28, how big is the room where David Vale awakens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dorian see in Chapter 26?
2. Why does Kate decide to plague to the Immari?
3. In Chapter 11, whose body does Dorian find?
4. In Chapter 44, how does David say that Major Rukin can solve the Berber problem?
5. What do the Berbers do to David in Chapter 42, when he rides out to them?
6. What drops from the helicopters in Chapter 12?
7. How was the Bell involved with the Spanish flu in 1918?
8. What precautions have the Immari taken at Ceuta if the outer walls are breached?
9. Why are there tunnels under Marbella?
10. How does Kate get to the building where Martin is in Chapter 41?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Even before Kate is reunited with David, she dreams of him several times. How long did Kate and David know one another before they were separated? Why does Kate have to work to rebuild their relationship on the yacht? By the end of the novel, how would you describe their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Milo traveled from his monastery to Malta.
a. Why was the journey so difficult for him?
b. What was the purpose of his journey?
c. Did he accomplish his purpose?
Essay Topic 3
In the novel, the author uses artistic license and blends fact and fiction to make the book seem more realistic. What are some of the instances where the author uses some truth, but twists the truth to advance the plot? How does the use of artistic license make the novel seem more real?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)