|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is David?
2. In Chapter 26, how does Subspecies 8472 paint their bodies?
3. In Chapter 14, how fast do the soldiers run?
4. In Chapter 5, how long does Martin think it will be before the drug Orchard will lose it efficacy?
5. Whose body does Dorian find in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Major Rukin running the Ceuta base?
2. What does Kate see when she, Martin, and the boys leave the Orchid District in Chapter 10?
3. In Chapter 11, whose body does Dorian find?
4. Who is Adam Shaw?
5. In Greek mythology who is the boatman?
6. Why did the ship rush the scientists’ awakening process in the Prologue?
7. Where does Kate find herself in Chapter 29?
8. Where do Martin, Kate and the boys find shelter in Chapter 17?
9. How was the Bell involved with the Spanish flu in 1918?
10. What precautions have the Immari taken at Ceuta if the outer walls are breached?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Atlantis Plague decimates the world in a very short time. How did the Plague begin? Why is it similar to the 1918 flu? How do the Allies and the Immari look at the plague differently? Why are the Allies focused on a cure, and the Immari are not?
Essay Topic 2
It takes David to help Kate and the others decipher Martin’s notes. What approach do Kate and the others take to try to break the code? What is David’s background? How does that help him realize the references Martin uses in his notes? How long does it take to fully decipher the notes?
Essay Topic 3
David and Kamau manage to take the outpost at Isla de Alboran. How many soldiers are stationed on the island? Why do only David and Kamau go to take the outpost? How do the two of them manage to take the outpost?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)