• The Prologue takes place 70,000 years ago near present-day Somalia.
• A scientist opens her eyes and tries to figure out why the ship has rushed her awakening sequence.
• She looks at the display on the wall and discovers that the ten-thousand-year hibernation has ended five hundred years early.
• She tries to stop the awakening process for her companion, but it is too late.
• She is not sure what has happened, but she notices that there is a population alert and possible extinction event.
• A supervolcano near the equator erupted and global temperatures have plummeted.
• Only one species is affected, 8742, on the central continent.
• The female scientist goes down to collect some samples.
• She heads toward the last recorded life signs and finds dozens of bodies just outside the cave.
• She collects a sample from the cave and sees more bodies.
• Inside the cave, she finds a pregnant...
This section contains 8,901 words
(approx. 30 pages at 300 words per page)