|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Autism Research Center that is described as the setting of Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 1?
(a) New Delhi, India.
(b) Jakarta, Indonesia.
(c) Cape Town, South Africa.
2. In the letter that David Vale has left to Josh Cohen to read upon his death in Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 25, he tells Josh to forward whatever he’s found to whom?
(a) Eddi Kusnadi.
(b) Ben Adelson.
(c) Steve Cooper.
(d) Howard Keegan.
3. When Robert Hunt radios to “Bounty” in Part II: "A Tibetan Tapestry," Chapter 48, he relates that they have reached what depth?
(a) 4,200 feet.
(b) 7,500 feet.
(c) 260 feet.
(d) 1,689 feet.
4. The astronaut’s suit that Martin Grey wears in Part II: "A Tibetan Tapestry," Chapter 45 was purchased hastily from what organization a week ago?
(a) The Chinese Space Agency.
(b) The U.S. Space Agency.
(c) The Indian Space Agency.
(d) The Russian Space Agency.
5. What is the name on the ID badge that David Vale takes to wear from the locker at the train station in Part II: "A Tibetan Tapestry," Chapter 51?
(a) Adam Lynch.
(b) Josh Cohen.
(c) Vincent Tarea.
(d) Conner Anderson.
6. What is the setting described in the opening of Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 23?
(a) The Clocktower Safe House.
(b) Immari Corp. Research Complex.
(c) Manggarai Train Station.
(d) Secure Comms Room, Clocktower Station Headquarters.
7. How old is Dorian Sloane said to be in Part II: "A Tibetan Tapestry," Chapter 45?
8. According to the narrator in the Prologue, Antarctica holds what percentage of the world’s ice?
9. Where did Dr. Kate Warner earn her MD?
(a) Harvard Medical School.
(b) Johns Hopkins University.
(c) Northwestern University.
(d) Princeton Medical School.
10. What have Dr. Kate Warner’s hands been secured with in Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 28?
(b) Zip ties.
(c) Duct tape.
11. Dr. Chang tells Dorian Sloane in Part II: "A Tibetan Tapestry," Chapter 50, “The first human genome was sequenced in the 90s, and the draft sequence was published in February of 2001.” Who was the first to sequence the human genome and the first to create the first cell with a synthetic genome?
(a) Dr. Anderson Wallace.
(b) Dr. Michael Warner.
(c) Dr. James Sparks.
(d) Dr. Craig Venter.
12. In the opening of Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 38, the narrator says that Cole had almost saved enough to open a Jiffy Lube. How much had Cole saved?
13. What name is on the ID badge that Kate wears along with a white coat found in the locker at the train station in Part II: "A Tibetan Tapestry," Chapter 51?
(a) Dr. Christine Warren.
(b) Dr. Jennifer Williams.
(c) Dr. Naomi Smith.
(d) Dr. Emma West.
14. What is the name of Dr. Kate Warner’s adoptive father who encouraged her to go abroad to continue her research?
(a) Steve Cooper.
(b) David Vale.
(c) Martin Grey.
(d) Howard Keegan.
15. According to the narrator in the novel’s Prologue, the Nazis sent expeditions to Antarctica in what years?
(a) 1942 and 1943.
(b) 1940 and 1941.
(c) 1941 and 1942.
(d) 1938 and 1939.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago does Martin Grey say his team had discovered the submarine in Antarctica when speaking to Dorian Sloane in Part II: "A Tibetan Tapestry," Chapter 41?
2. The wire release that opens Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 27 is from what news organization?
3. In the Prologue, Karl Selig watches as an iceberg crumbles. Who is Karl’s grad school friend that he calls to “come check this out”?
4. What language does Harto say he will learn in Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 39?
5. What is Jin’s identification number that is called out over the loudspeakers in Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 11?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)