|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: "The Tombs of Atlantis," Chapters 124-Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what name does Dr. Martin Grey address the man who has kidnapped Dr. Warner and whom she believes to be responsible for the kidnapping of her subjects, in Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 28?
(a) “Mr. Smith.”
(b) “Mr. Tarea.”
(c) “Mr. Vale.”
(d) “Mr. Cohen.”
2. What was the precursor organization to the Central Intelligence Agency?
(a) The Federal Bureau of Investigation.
(c) The Office of Strategic Services.
(d) Homeland Security.
3. What is the name of the research vessel that is described in the opening of the Prologue?
4. Where does David discover the hidden code sent to him from Josh Cohen in Part II: "A Tibetan Tapestry," Chapter 42?
(a) In his email box.
(b) In an encrypted painting.
(c) His bank account deposits.
(d) In a coded message in the New York Times obituaries.
5. In what year did Indonesia declare independence from the Netherlands?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is David Vale when he awakens in the novel’s Epilogue?
2. What term refers to Paleolithic-era members of a species of Homo or subspecies of Homo sapiens, ranging from Siberia to Southeast Asia?
3. How many seats are in the airplane that David leads Kate to in Part II: "A Tibetan Tapestry," Chapter 46?
4. As David works through the events of the past, he determines in Part III: "The Tombs of Atlantis," Chapter 124 that Tom Warner went missing in what year?
5. According to the narrator in the Prologue, Antarctica holds what percentage of the world’s ice?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)