|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapters 21-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the West Jakarta Police Chief that walks into the crime scene at the Autism Research Center in Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 5?
(a) Adam Lynch.
(b) Eddi Kusnadi.
(c) Nakula Pang.
(d) Vincent Tarea.
2. Where did Dr. Kate Warner earn her MD?
(a) Harvard Medical School.
(b) Johns Hopkins University.
(c) Princeton Medical School.
(d) Northwestern University.
3. The study that Dr. Kate Warner is heading in Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 1 is described as having roughly how many autistic children in residence?
4. What is the name of Dr. Kate Warner’s adoptive father who encouraged her to go abroad to continue her research?
(a) Howard Keegan.
(b) David Vale.
(c) Martin Grey.
(d) Steve Cooper.
5. According to the narrator in the Prologue, Antarctica holds what percentage of the world’s ice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harto say “is the future” in Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 39?
2. Dr. Kate Warner tells David Vale in Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 22 that the human race is about 200,000 years old, but that “we’ve only been so-called behaviorally modern humans” for how many years?
3. What was the precursor organization to the Central Intelligence Agency?
4. Where is the present-day site of Lake Toba and the supposed Toba super-eruption?
5. According to the narrator in the novel’s Prologue, the Nazis sent expeditions to Antarctica in what years?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)