|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapters 21-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 21 opens in what location?
(a) The Clocktower Safe House.
(b) Immari Corp. Research Complex.
(c) The Main Situation Room at Clocktower Station Headquarters.
(d) Manggarai Train Station.
2. What is the name of the research vessel that is described in the opening of the Prologue?
3. What language does Harto say he will learn in Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 39?
4. When the Nazis sent expeditions to Antarctica, they claimed part of the continent as a new German province named what, according to the narrator in the Prologue?
(a) North Rhine-Westphalia.
5. How does Josh Cohen send the IP address to David Vale so that he will find it after David’s been killed in Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 25?
(a) He places a paid obituary in the newspaper with a coded message.
(b) He places deposits into David’s personal bank account.
(c) He places an anonymous ad under “Lost Connections” on craigslist.
(d) He calls David and leaves him a voicemail with the IP address.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator in the Prologue says that when Karl’s team had set out to sea, Naomi had brought aboard “two changes of clothes, three romance novels, and” what kind of liquor?
2. The mini-yacht that Harto has received from David Vale in Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 39 is said to be capable of holding how many people above deck?
3. How much of the population does Martin Grey say lives within a hundred miles of the coast in today’s world, in Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 30?
4. In Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 1, Dr. Kate Warner finds a photograph among her things. It is the only photograph Kate has of her childhood home where?
5. What is the name of the eight-year-old autistic child that has just completed the puzzle Dr. Warner’s team has designed to identify savants in the opening of Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 3?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)