|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: "A Tibetan Tapestry," Chapters 69-96.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the building described like that Patrick Pierce finds when he arrives at the address on his employer’s card for the archeological dig in Part II: "A Tibetan Tapestry," Chapter 81?
(a) “A war-machinery manufacturing building in the heart of the warehouse district.”
(b) “A rundown three-story building in the heart of the shipping district.”
(c) “A luxury condominium building located in the middle of the slums.”
(d) “A massive, imperial-looking palace situated on the outskirts of the village.”
2. Who is the man that comes to torture Dr. Kate Warner in Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 37?
(a) David Vale.
(b) Josh Cohen.
(c) Vincent Tarea.
(d) Howard Keegan.
3. Dr. Kate Warner tells David Vale in Part II: "A Tibetan Tapestry," Chapter 49 that Autism Spectrum Disorders have increased in America in the past 20 years by how much?
4. What language does Harto say he will learn in Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 39?
5. Who is the doctor inspecting the journal writer’s wounded leg in Part II: "A Tibetan Tapestry," Chapter 75?
(a) Dr. Jameson.
(b) Dr. Venter.
(c) Dr. Conner.
(d) Dr. Carlisle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the opening of Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 38, the narrator says that Cole had almost saved enough to open a Jiffy Lube. How much had Cole saved?
2. Dr. Chang tells Dorian Sloane in Part II: "A Tibetan Tapestry," Chapter 50, “The first human genome was sequenced in the 90s, and the draft sequence was published in February of 2001.” Who was the first to sequence the human genome and the first to create the first cell with a synthetic genome?
3. What color is the “sweet elixir” that David gives Dr. Kate Warner when she awakens in Part II: "A Tibetan Tapestry," Chapter 40?
4. How much is the pay offered to Patrick Pierce to head an archeological dig in the journal entry in Part II: "A Tibetan Tapestry," Chapter 79?
5. The wire release that opens Part II: "A Tibetan Tapestry," Chapter 43 is from what news organization?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)