|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: "A Tibetan Tapestry," Chapters 69-96.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When David Vale examines the numbers in the craigslist ad in Part II: "A Tibetan Tapestry," Chapter 42, the first numbers turn out to be GPS coordinates for a location at the border of what countries?
(a) China, Nepal, and India.
(b) France, Germany, and Switzerland.
(c) The United States and Mexico.
(d) North and South Korea.
2. What is the name of the German soldier that greets Patrick Pierce in the journal entry from Part II: "A Tibetan Tapestry," Chapter 79?
(a) Dieter Kane.
(b) Rutger Kane.
(c) Dmitry Kozlov.
(d) Konrad Kane.
3. What is the name of the man introduced by the narrator in the opening of Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 2, who is watching the man who buys a New York Times at the newsstand?
(a) Adam Lynch.
(b) Dmitry Kozlov.
(c) David Vale.
(d) Conner Anderson.
4. In the letter that David Vale has left to Josh Cohen to read upon his death in Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 25, he tells Josh to forward whatever he’s found to whom?
(a) Ben Adelson.
(b) Eddi Kusnadi.
(c) Steve Cooper.
(d) Howard Keegan.
5. For how long has Robert Hunt been living in “the pod” in the beginning of Part II: "A Tibetan Tapestry," Chapter 48?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 23 days.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 3 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Prologue, Karl Selig watches as an iceberg crumbles. Who is Karl’s grad school friend that he calls to “come check this out”?
2. Who is the director of the Clocktower counterterrorism organization in Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 2?
3. Where is the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention office located, as described in the opening of Part II: "A Tibetan Tapestry," Chapter 78?
4. How much is the pay offered to Patrick Pierce to head an archeological dig in the journal entry in Part II: "A Tibetan Tapestry," Chapter 79?
5. What name is on the ID badge that Kate wears along with a white coat found in the locker at the train station in Part II: "A Tibetan Tapestry," Chapter 51?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)