|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: "The Tombs of Atlantis," Chapters 97-123.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Latin term for the ancient subspecies of humans referred to as “Hobbits” in the narrative?
(b) Homo sapiens.
(c) Homo floresiensis.
2. Almost how many years have passed since Patrick Pierce’s last journal entry when he concludes his final entry in Part III: "The Tombs of Atlantis," Chapter 97?
3. What does Harto intend to do with the mini-yacht he’s been given by David Vale in Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 39?
(a) Sell it to the government.
(b) Host fishing tours.
(c) Scrap it to build a house.
(d) Sell it to tourists.
4. What does the note say that Qian has left for Kate and David in Part III: "The Tombs of Atlantis," Chapter 98?
(a) “Look closely behind you and closer in front.”
(b) “Please return. We will miss you.”
(c) “Please be safe and save the Clocktower.”
(d) “Forgive us our inaction. War is not in our nature.”
5. How does Josh Cohen send the IP address to David Vale so that he will find it after David’s been killed in Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 25?
(a) He places deposits into David’s personal bank account.
(b) He places a paid obituary in the newspaper with a coded message.
(c) He places an anonymous ad under “Lost Connections” on craigslist.
(d) He calls David and leaves him a voicemail with the IP address.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is the contract that Robert Hunt has agreed to going to pay him for two months of drilling, according to the author in Part II: "A Tibetan Tapestry," Chapter 48?
2. What is the Drill Site number at Snow Camp Alpha that is described as the setting of Part II: "A Tibetan Tapestry," Chapter 48?
3. The wire release that opens Part II: "A Tibetan Tapestry," Chapter 43 is from what news organization?
4. What is the decoded message that David shows Kate in Part II: "A Tibetan Tapestry," Chapter 46?
5. The wire release that opens Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 27 is from what news organization?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)