|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Third Episode, why does Anton park his scooter a few blocks away from his apartment?
2. What does Anton specialize in?
3. At what point in the conversation with Cor Takes does Anton become emotional?
4. What enters Budapest during the Third Episode?
5. What is hanging on the wall of Cor Takes's basement?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Anton prevented from entering his apartment in the Third Episode?
2. Why is there a mob in front of Anton's apartment building in the Third Episode?
3. What is in Cor Takes's basement?
4. What calls Cor Takes away from the basement while Anton is visiting him?
5. How does Anton meet Cor Takes?
6. What are Anton's pastimes while he is an intern?
7. What is the political climate in the Third Episode?
8. Why does Anton choose to study anesthesiology?
9. What causes Anton and Cor Takes to become emotional while discussing the night of the assault?
10. What has changed in Anton's life between the Second and Third Episode?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Whom do you consider to be most at fault for the murder of Anton's family? In your essay include your reasoning and whether or not Anton also considers that person guilty.
Essay Topic 2
Cor Takes believes that shooting Fake Ploeg will help end evil. Does it? Cite three examples of people who were impacted by the assault. Explain why or why not Fake Ploeg's death was worth the consequences it caused.
Essay Topic 3
The issue of guilt is a theme throughout "The Assault". Several people could be accused of contributing to the death of Anton's parents. Consider the following characters and defend why or why not you consider that person guilty of Mr. and Mrs. Steenwijk's death: the German soldiers, Cor Takes, Fake Ploeg, Mr. and Mrs. Steenwijk.
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)