|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fake Ploeg threaten Anton in the Third Episode?
2. Why does Anton's uncle not attend his wedding?
3. How does Anton respond to Fake Ploeg's anger at the end of the Third Episode?
4. Cor Takes tells Anton that Fake Ploeg shot whom?
5. What is Fake Ploeg holding when Anton meets him in the Third Episode?
Short Essay Questions
1. What detail of the night of the assault puzzles both Cor Takes and Anton?
2. What information does Cor Takes give Anton about the assault that he did not know previously?
3. Why is there a mob in front of Anton's apartment building in the Third Episode?
4. What had prevented Truus Coster from escaping on the night of the assault?
5. What causes Anton and Cor Takes to become emotional while discussing the night of the assault?
6. How does Anton respond to the political unrest in Amsterdam in the Third Episode?
7. Why does Anton choose to study anesthesiology?
8. What does Anton realize about his wife after speaking to Cor Takes?
9. What is the political climate in the Third Episode?
10. Why is Anton prevented from entering his apartment in the Third Episode?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anton attempts to forget his past and create a future for himself. In what ways is Anton successful in life? Cite three reasons.
Essay Topic 2
Cor Takes believes that shooting Fake Ploeg will help end evil. Does it? Cite three examples of people who were impacted by the assault. Explain why or why not Fake Ploeg's death was worth the consequences it caused.
Essay Topic 3
Just as many characters could be considered culpable of the murder of the Steenwijks, many also deal with guilt. Choose three characters from the Assault and answer the following questions.
1) What part does the character have in the night of the assault?
2) Why does the character consider himself or herself guilty?
3) How does the character deal with that guilt?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)