|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which relative of Cor Takes had been one of the twenty-nine Resistance hostages?
2. What enters Budapest during the Third Episode?
3. What is hanging on the wall of Cor Takes's basement?
4. After attending a funeral in the Fourth Episode, where does Anton go?
5. What does Anton specialize in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the similarities and differences between Anton and Fake Ploeg (the son)?
2. How does Anton feel about politics?
3. What does Anton realize about his wife after speaking to Cor Takes?
4. Why is Anton prevented from entering his apartment in the Third Episode?
5. What causes Anton and Cor Takes to become emotional while discussing the night of the assault?
6. What detail of the night of the assault puzzles both Cor Takes and Anton?
7. How does Fake Ploeg speak of his father?
8. Why does Anton choose to study anesthesiology?
9. Why is there a mob in front of Anton's apartment building in the Third Episode?
10. What calls Cor Takes away from the basement while Anton is visiting him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It could be argued that the lack of justice is more obvious than its presence in "The Assault". Summarize three instances of injustice from any of the episodes.
Essay Topic 2
Almost every character in "The Assault" is affected in some way by the shooting of Fake Ploeg. Choose three characters other than Anton and explain how their lives are changed by the assault.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the names of the four houses on the quay? Include the personalities of the residents and the events surrounding each house in your essay.
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)