|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fake Ploeg holding when Anton meets him in the Third Episode?
2. When Anton meets Fake Ploeg as an adult, what does Fake look like?
3. What does Cor Takes want to know from Anton?
4. Why did Cor Takes escape on the night of the assault?
5. Anton realizes that he married Saskia because of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the meeting of Anton and Fake Ploeg when they are adults.
2. Why does Anton choose to study anesthesiology?
3. What are Anton's pastimes while he is an intern?
4. Why is there a mob in front of Anton's apartment building in the Third Episode?
5. What calls Cor Takes away from the basement while Anton is visiting him?
6. What is the atmosphere at the funeral in the Fourth Episode?
7. Describe Anton's first wife.
8. Is Anton eager to discuss the night of the assault with Cor Takes?
9. What is the political climate in the Third Episode?
10. What is in Cor Takes's basement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the names of the four houses on the quay? Include the personalities of the residents and the events surrounding each house in your essay.
Essay Topic 2
Almost every character in "The Assault" is affected in some way by the shooting of Fake Ploeg. Choose three characters other than Anton and explain how their lives are changed by the assault.
Essay Topic 3
In the beginning of the book, Anton's family consists of his parents and Peter. At the end, he has created a new family for himself. Discuss Anton's relationship with his family members, including both of his wives and his children.
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)