|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cor Takes keep a picture of Truus Coster?
(a) In his basement.
(b) In his car.
(c) Under his bed.
(d) Next to his heart.
2. What does Anton specialize in?
3. Who was with Cor Takes the night of the assault?
(a) His mother.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) Anton's father-in-law.
(d) His sister.
4. How are Fake Ploeg and Anton similar?
(a) Both are attending medical school.
(b) Both of their fathers were shot.
(c) Both were Nazi youth.
(d) Both graduated from high school.
5. Why did Cor Takes escape on the night of the assault?
(a) Because he was friends with the policeman.
(b) Because he stole someone's car.
(c) Because he was getting help for Truus Coster.
(d) Because Truus Coster urged him to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cor Takes tells Anton that after shooting Fake Ploeg, he hid with Truus Coster where?
2. Why does Anton make an appointment with Cor Takes?
3. Where does Anton take his wife and daughter after the funeral?
4. What does the reader know that Anton cannot remember while he is talking to Cor Takes?
5. What is the name of the girl who spent a night in jail with Anton?
Short Essay Questions
1. What detail of the night of the assault puzzles both Cor Takes and Anton?
2. Why is Anton prevented from entering his apartment in the Third Episode?
3. What is the atmosphere at the funeral in the Fourth Episode?
4. Where is Anton living and working in the Fourth Episode?
5. What are the similarities and differences between Anton and Fake Ploeg (the son)?
6. How does Anton feel about politics?
7. Describe the meeting of Anton and Fake Ploeg when they are adults.
8. Why does Anton choose to study anesthesiology?
9. Is Anton eager to discuss the night of the assault with Cor Takes?
10. What does Anton realize about his wife after speaking to Cor Takes?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)