|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the second night of the protest against the Communist Party, why does Anton decide not to stay at his aunt and uncle's?
(a) He cannot reach their house because of the mob.
(b) He knows he will not be welcome.
(c) He is afraid that they will be attacked.
(d) He does not believe that the protest will continue for another night.
2. Which building near Anton's apartment serves as headquarters for the Communist Party?
(a) The Ortskommandantur.
(b) Felix Meritis.
(c) The bakery.
(d) The dentist's office.
3. Which of the following events happens in the Fourth Episode?
(a) Anton meets Fake Ploeg.
(b) Anton goes to a birthday party in Haarlam.
(c) Anton meets his first wife.
(d) Anton meets his second wife.
4. What did Saskia's father do during the war?
(a) Worked as an ambulance driver.
(b) Hid Jews in the attic.
(c) Belonged to a Resistance organization.
(d) Spied for the Nazi's.
5. Anton's uncle is a party leader for which political party?
(b) Social Democrats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Cor Takes about the events on the night of the assault?
2. Cor Takes tells Anton that after shooting Fake Ploeg, he hid with Truus Coster where?
3. What part of the newspaper does Anton spend the most time on?
4. When Anton meets Fake Ploeg in the Third Episode, where does he invite him?
5. Fake Ploeg tells Anton that he will never forget what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anton meet Cor Takes?
2. What physical problem does Anton suffer from in the Third Episode?
3. What is in Cor Takes's basement?
4. How does Anton respond to the political unrest in Amsterdam in the Third Episode?
5. What information does Cor Takes give Anton about the assault that he did not know previously?
6. Why does Anton choose to study anesthesiology?
7. What has changed in Anton's life between the Second and Third Episode?
8. What calls Cor Takes away from the basement while Anton is visiting him?
9. What detail of the night of the assault puzzles both Cor Takes and Anton?
10. What are the similarities and differences between Anton and Fake Ploeg (the son)?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)