|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Fake Ploeg leaves Anton's apartment, what are all of Anton's things covered in?
2. Where does Cor Takes keep a picture of Truus Coster?
(a) In his car.
(b) In his basement.
(c) Under his bed.
(d) Next to his heart.
3. Who does Fake Ploeg consider responsible for the death of Anton's parents?
(b) The Resistance fighters.
(c) The English.
(d) His father.
4. Where does Anton move in 1953?
(a) To an apartment.
(b) To a dormitory.
(c) To a villa.
(d) To a friend's house.
5. Fake Ploeg tells Anton that he will never forget what?
(a) That Anton betrayed him.
(b) The night of the assault.
(c) That time in the classroom.
(d) That Anton found him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anton respond to world politics?
2. What is the name of Anton's first daughter?
3. What had Cor Takes's mother wanted him to do the night of the assault?
4. What happened to Mrs. Ploeg after the war?
5. In the Third Episode, why does Anton park his scooter a few blocks away from his apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Anton choose to study anesthesiology?
2. Describe Anton's first wife.
3. What physical problem does Anton suffer from in the Third Episode?
4. Why is Anton prevented from entering his apartment in the Third Episode?
5. What are Anton's pastimes while he is an intern?
6. What does Anton realize about his wife after speaking to Cor Takes?
7. What is the atmosphere at the funeral in the Fourth Episode?
8. What detail of the night of the assault puzzles both Cor Takes and Anton?
9. What calls Cor Takes away from the basement while Anton is visiting him?
10. What has changed in Anton's life between the Second and Third Episode?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)