|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Mrs. Ploeg after the war?
(a) She moved to America.
(b) She was arrested.
(c) She remarried.
(d) She committed suicide.
2. What surprises Cor Takes about the events on the night of the assault?
(a) That the soldiers burnt Anton's house.
(b) That the Kortewegs dragged the body in front of the Steenwijks' house.
(c) That Fake Ploeg died instantaneously.
(d) That Anton's parents were given a trial.
3. How are Fake Ploeg and Anton different, according to Anton?
(a) Anton's parents were guilty, but Fake Ploeg's father was not.
(b) Anton is Dutch, but Fake Ploeg is German.
(c) Anton's parents were innocent, but Fake Ploeg's father was not.
(d) Anton is a Communist, but Fake Ploeg is not.
4. What color is Saskia's hair?
5. What is hanging on the wall of Cor Takes's basement?
(a) A picture of his family.
(b) A map of troop movements from the war.
(c) A World War II poster.
(d) A map of Haarlem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cor Takes biggest regret concerning the night of the assault?
2. In the Third Episode, why does Anton park his scooter a few blocks away from his apartment?
3. When Anton meets Fake Ploeg as an adult, what does Fake look like?
4. Why did Truus Coster not escape the night of the assault?
5. In which year does the Third Episode take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Anton living and working in the Fourth Episode?
2. What had prevented Truus Coster from escaping on the night of the assault?
3. Describe the meeting of Anton and Fake Ploeg when they are adults.
4. How does Anton respond to the political unrest in Amsterdam in the Third Episode?
5. What detail of the night of the assault puzzles both Cor Takes and Anton?
6. Is Anton eager to discuss the night of the assault with Cor Takes?
7. What causes Anton and Cor Takes to become emotional while discussing the night of the assault?
8. Why does Anton choose to study anesthesiology?
9. How does Anton feel about politics?
10. Describe Anton's first wife.
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)