|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the First Episode, who dresses Anton in a helmet and jacket?
2. After hearing shots, what does Anton see through the window?
(a) A dog and two men.
(b) Three men.
(c) A bicycle and a man.
(d) A car and a man.
3. What does Van Liempt discover about the fate of Anton's parents?
(a) They died in prison.
(b) They were sent to a death camp.
(c) They were sent to Germany.
(d) They were shot.
4. Of the executed Resistance members remembered by the monument, who was the only one born in the previous century?
(a) Mr. Steenwijk.
(b) Anton's mother.
5. Anton's name is shared by whom?
(a) The leader of the Dutch Resistance.
(b) The Dutch president.
(c) The leader of the Dutch Nazi Party.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is written on the memorial that was built on the site of the executions?
2. After visiting the memorial in the Second Episode, where does Anton go?
3. After spending the night in a jail cell, where is Anton sent?
4. With whom does Anton spend a night in a jail cell?
5. Why does Mrs. Beumer believe that Anton's mother was killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anton react to the news that his family is dead?
2. Why is the birthday party in the Second Episode significant?
3. Describe the neighborhood in which Anton grows up.
4. When did Anton treat a Nazi youth with kindness?
5. When returning to his neighborhood for the first time since the assault, how does Anton respond to Mrs. Beumer's invitation to come inside?
6. What happens to Anton the morning after the shooting?
7. What are the guests talking about at the birthday party in the Second Episode?
8. When he returns to his old neighborhood, what information does Mrs. Beumer give Anton that he had not known before?
9. How are Anton's parents different from the others listed on the memorial?
10. In the First Episode, what happens to Anton's escort on the way to Amsterdam?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)