|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fake Ploeg break in Anton's apartment?
(a) A window.
(b) A mirror.
(c) A piano.
(d) A glass.
2. In the Third Episode, why does Anton park his scooter a few blocks away from his apartment?
(a) Because he is not going to his apartment.
(b) To prevent damage to it.
(c) So that no one will recognize him.
(d) So that his friend can use the scooter to escape.
3. When Anton meets Fake Ploeg as an adult, what does Fake look like?
(a) A politician.
(b) A soldier.
(c) The image of his father.
(d) The image of his mother.
4. What does Anton suffer from in the Third Episode?
(c) Fits of anger.
5. What does Cor Takes tell Anton at the end of the Fourth Episode?
(a) That he is going to commit suicide because he misses Truus Coster so much.
(b) That his wife left him after the war.
(c) That his friend just killed himself because a war criminal was released.
(d) That he had been a British spy.
6. Where does Cor Takes keep a picture of Truus Coster?
(a) Next to his heart.
(b) Under his bed.
(c) In his car.
(d) In his basement.
7. What is the name of the girl who spent a night in jail with Anton?
(a) Truus Rutgers.
(b) Saskia Steenwifjk.
(c) Sandra Steenwijk.
(d) Truus Coster.
8. Cor Takes tells Anton that the Steenwijk family should have done what with Fake Ploeg's body?
(a) Thrown it into the river.
(b) Handed it over to the police.
(c) Taken it into their house.
(d) Made sure he was dead.
9. What does Anton specialize in?
10. Who does Fake Ploeg consider responsible for the death of Anton's parents?
(b) The Resistance fighters.
(c) The English.
(d) His father.
11. At what point in the conversation with Cor Takes does Anton become emotional?
(a) When Cor Takes becomes angry.
(b) When Cor Takes tells him that Fake Ploeg was a murderer.
(c) When Cor Takes speaks about his girlfriend.
(d) When Cor Takes starts crying.
12. Which building near Anton's apartment serves as headquarters for the Communist Party?
(a) The dentist's office.
(b) The bakery.
(c) The Ortskommandantur.
(d) Felix Meritis.
13. What part of the newspaper does Anton spend the most time on?
(a) Foreign news.
(c) The obituaries.
(d) The crossword puzzle.
14. What kind of student is Anton?
15. When Anton meets Fake Ploeg in the Third Episode, where does he invite him?
(a) To his apartment.
(b) To a pub.
(c) To his uncle's house.
(d) To his office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cor Takes tells Anton that Truus Coster was killed when?
2. How does Anton react to the tumult outside his door in the Third Episode?
3. What happened to Mrs. Ploeg after the war?
4. Why does Anton's uncle not attend his wedding?
5. How does Anton respond to world politics?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)