|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anton react to the tumult outside his door in the Third Episode?
(a) With anger.
(b) With revenge.
(c) With indifference.
(d) With fear.
2. What is Fake Ploeg holding when Anton meets him in the Third Episode?
(a) A Molotov cocktail.
(b) A gun.
(c) A sign.
(d) A rock.
3. Where does Anton meet Saskia?
4. What color is Saskia's hair?
5. When Anton meets Fake Ploeg in the Third Episode, where does he invite him?
(a) To his office.
(b) To his apartment.
(c) To a pub.
(d) To his uncle's house.
6. How are Fake Ploeg and Anton different, according to Anton?
(a) Anton is a Communist, but Fake Ploeg is not.
(b) Anton's parents were innocent, but Fake Ploeg's father was not.
(c) Anton is Dutch, but Fake Ploeg is German.
(d) Anton's parents were guilty, but Fake Ploeg's father was not.
7. Why did Truus Coster not escape the night of the assault?
(a) She turned back to help Fake Ploeg.
(b) She could not run as fast as Cor Takes.
(c) She had been shot in the back.
(d) She felt guilty for shooting Fake Ploeg.
8. On the second night of the protest against the Communist Party, why does Anton decide not to stay at his aunt and uncle's?
(a) He knows he will not be welcome.
(b) He does not believe that the protest will continue for another night.
(c) He is afraid that they will be attacked.
(d) He cannot reach their house because of the mob.
9. Who does Fake Ploeg consider responsible for the death of Anton's parents?
(a) His father.
(b) The English.
(d) The Resistance fighters.
10. What kind of student is Anton?
11. What does Cor Takes want to know from Anton?
(a) What Truus Coster talked about the night of the assault.
(b) Where the Resistance hostages were shot.
(c) Why the soldiers burnt down his house.
(d) How long his parents lived.
12. Why did Fake Ploeg never finish high school?
(a) He had to support his mother and sisters.
(b) He was arrested.
(c) He had no interest in academics.
(d) He failed his classes.
13. How does Cor Takes react to meeting Anton?
(a) With reluctance to talk about the night of the assault.
(b) With distrust that Anton will betray him.
(c) With an eagerness to discuss the night of the assault.
(d) With bitterness about Anton's part in the assault.
14. In which year does the Third Episode take place?
15. To what does Anton attribute Fake Ploeg's lies concerning his father?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fake Ploeg threaten Anton in the Third Episode?
2. Cor Takes tells Anton that the Steenwijk family should have done what with Fake Ploeg's body?
3. Who pointed out Cor Takes and Truus Coster to the soldiers?
4. What does the reader know that Anton cannot remember while he is talking to Cor Takes?
5. Which of the following events happens in the Fourth Episode?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)