|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Ploeg do after the war?
(a) Works as an interpreter.
(b) Works as a house cleaner.
(c) Becomes a spy.
(d) Renounces her husband.
2. What is Fake Ploeg holding when Anton meets him in the Third Episode?
(a) A sign.
(b) A rock.
(c) A Molotov cocktail.
(d) A gun.
3. After Anton asks Fake Ploeg if his father's name should be on the monument, what does Fake do?
(a) Calls the police.
(b) Runs away.
(d) Throws a rock at Anton.
4. How are Fake Ploeg and Anton similar?
(a) Both were Nazi youth.
(b) Both graduated from high school.
(c) Both are attending medical school.
(d) Both of their fathers were shot.
5. How are Fake Ploeg and Anton different, according to Anton?
(a) Anton's parents were guilty, but Fake Ploeg's father was not.
(b) Anton is Dutch, but Fake Ploeg is German.
(c) Anton is a Communist, but Fake Ploeg is not.
(d) Anton's parents were innocent, but Fake Ploeg's father was not.
6. In which year does the Third Episode take place?
7. What kind of student is Anton?
8. What part of the newspaper does Anton spend the most time on?
(a) The crossword puzzle.
(c) The obituaries.
(d) Foreign news.
9. While Anton is talking to Cor Takes in his basement, why does Cor Takes leave the room?
(a) To call the police.
(b) To call his wife.
(c) To look for Truus Coster.
(d) To answer the telephone.
10. What does Fake Ploeg consider his father to be?
(a) A liar.
(b) The next ruler of Holland.
(c) A hero.
(d) A coward.
11. In the Fourth Episode, Anton attends a funeral for whom?
(a) A friend of his father-in-law's.
(b) His mother's best friend.
(c) Fake Ploeg.
(d) The prime minister.
12. What is Cor Takes biggest regret concerning the night of the assault?
(a) That it caused Truus Coster's arrest and death.
(b) That it caused the hostages to be killed.
(c) That it caused Anton's house to burn.
(d) That Fake Ploeg did not die.
13. Anton's uncle is a party leader for which political party?
(b) Social Democrats.
14. On the second night of the protest against the Communist Party, why does Anton decide not to stay at his aunt and uncle's?
(a) He knows he will not be welcome.
(b) He is afraid that they will be attacked.
(c) He cannot reach their house because of the mob.
(d) He does not believe that the protest will continue for another night.
15. Where does Anton meet Cor Takes?
(a) At a bar.
(b) On the street.
(c) At a wedding.
(d) At a party.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Anton meets Fake Ploeg in the Third Episode, where does he invite him?
2. Why does Anton make an appointment with Cor Takes?
3. Who pointed out Cor Takes and Truus Coster to the soldiers?
4. Why did Fake Ploeg never finish high school?
5. What does Anton suffer from in the Third Episode?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)