|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Anton meet Fake Ploeg in the Third Episode?
(a) At the Communist Party headquarters.
(b) At work.
(c) Outside his door.
(d) At his uncle's.
2. Who does Fake Ploeg consider responsible for the death of Anton's parents?
(a) The Resistance fighters.
(b) The English.
(d) His father.
3. What did Saskia's father do during the war?
(a) Worked as an ambulance driver.
(b) Spied for the Nazi's.
(c) Belonged to a Resistance organization.
(d) Hid Jews in the attic.
4. Cor Takes tells Anton that the Steenwijk family should have done what with Fake Ploeg's body?
(a) Made sure he was dead.
(b) Thrown it into the river.
(c) Taken it into their house.
(d) Handed it over to the police.
5. What is hanging on the wall of Cor Takes's basement?
(a) A map of Haarlem.
(b) A picture of his family.
(c) A World War II poster.
(d) A map of troop movements from the war.
6. After Fake Ploeg leaves Anton's apartment, what are all of Anton's things covered in?
7. What does Anton suffer from in the Third Episode?
(d) Fits of anger.
8. Why did Cor Takes escape on the night of the assault?
(a) Because he was friends with the policeman.
(b) Because he was getting help for Truus Coster.
(c) Because Truus Coster urged him to leave.
(d) Because he stole someone's car.
9. What is Fake Ploeg holding when Anton meets him in the Third Episode?
(a) A sign.
(b) A Molotov cocktail.
(c) A gun.
(d) A rock.
10. In which year does the Third Episode take place?
11. Why did Fake Ploeg never finish high school?
(a) He was arrested.
(b) He failed his classes.
(c) He had to support his mother and sisters.
(d) He had no interest in academics.
12. What enters Budapest during the Third Episode?
(a) The Third Reich.
(b) The Nazis.
(c) Anton's parents.
(d) Russian tanks.
13. In the Third Episode, where is Fake Ploeg working?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A cleaning service.
(c) A fine restaurant.
(d) A household appliance store.
14. What surprises Cor Takes about the events on the night of the assault?
(a) That the Kortewegs dragged the body in front of the Steenwijks' house.
(b) That the soldiers burnt Anton's house.
(c) That Anton's parents were given a trial.
(d) That Fake Ploeg died instantaneously.
15. Cor Takes tells Anton that Fake Ploeg shot whom?
(a) Cor Takes.
(b) Truus Coster's sister.
(c) Cor Takes's brother.
(d) Truus Coster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Ploeg do after the war?
2. Where does Cor Takes keep a picture of Truus Coster?
3. Which of the following events happens in the Fourth Episode?
4. Where does Fake Ploeg live in the Third Episode?
5. Where does Anton meet Cor Takes?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)