|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anton's family spend all their time in the dining room?
(a) Because the rest of the house is not heated.
(b) Because they are hiding from the police.
(c) Because they only have one room.
(d) Because they sold the rest of their furniture.
2. Anton finds out that what happened to Peter the night of the assault?
(a) He was sent to a concentration camp.
(b) He was shot.
(c) He was arrested for murder.
(d) He was sent to prison.
3. When Anton returns to Haarlam for the first time, whose house does he first go to?
(a) The Kortewegs.
(b) A distant relative's.
(c) The Buemer's.
(d) A fellow classmate's.
4. Anton remembers which of his neighbors playing board games with him?
(a) Karin Korteweg.
(b) Mr. Beumer.
(c) Mrs. Aarts.
(d) Fake Ploeg.
5. "The Assault" begins during which war?
(a) World War I.
(b) Hundred Years War.
(c) World War II.
(d) Prussian War.
6. In what year does "The Assault" begin?
7. What is Anton's childhood home next to?
(a) A canal.
(b) A church.
(c) A tulip field.
(d) An ocean.
8. What is written on the memorial that was built on the site of the executions?
(a) We shall never forget.
(b) Rest in peace.
(c) They fell for queen and fatherland.
(d) May they live on in our memory.
9. Mrs. Beumer tells Anton that which of their old neighbors moved away after the liberation?
(a) Mr. Ploeg.
(b) Mr. Aarts.
(c) Mr. Steenwijk.
(d) Mr. Korteweg.
10. How does Anton travel to Amsterdam in the First Episode?
(a) With a convoy.
(b) In a plane.
(c) By foot.
(d) On a boat.
11. What does Van Liempt discover about the fate of Anton's parents?
(a) They were sent to Germany.
(b) They died in prison.
(c) They were sent to a death camp.
(d) They were shot.
12. With whom does Anton spend a night in a jail cell?
(a) A woman he cannot see.
(b) A woman he knew as a small child.
(c) A woman who cannot speak.
(d) A woman who is drunk.
13. Anton's name is shared by whom?
(a) The leader of the Dutch Nazi Party.
(b) The leader of the Dutch Resistance.
(c) The Dutch president.
(d) His father.
14. What is the name of the man shot in front of Anton's house?
(a) Mr. Korteweg.
(d) Mr. Steenwijk.
15. How does Anton react to the events of the night of the assault?
(a) He is angry about them.
(b) He is determined to revenge them.
(c) He does not want to remember them.
(d) He denies that they ever happened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Anton's neighbor who lives with his daughter?
2. How does Anton travel to Haarlem in the Second Episode?
3. Why does Peter never leave the Steenwijk house?
4. In which city is Anton living during the Second Episode?
5. What is the name of Anton's childhood house?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)