|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Beumer tells Anton that who was killed on the night of the assault?
(a) His parents and several war criminals.
(b) His parents and twenty-nine Resistance hostages.
(c) Fake Ploeg's son.
(d) Fifteen Resistance hostages.
2. What did Mr. Beumer used to read to Anton?
(a) Robinson Crusoe.
(b) The Count of Monte Cristo.
(c) Sherlock Holmes.
(d) The Three Musketeers.
3. Why does Anton's family spend all their time in the dining room?
(a) Because they only have one room.
(b) Because the rest of the house is not heated.
(c) Because they sold the rest of their furniture.
(d) Because they are hiding from the police.
4. Who takes Anton home at the end of the First Episode?
(a) His grandparents.
(b) His father.
(c) His uncle.
5. Who says to Anton, "Pickles are just like crocodiles"?
(a) Mr. Beumer.
(b) Van Liempt.
(c) Mrs. Beumer.
(d) Mr. Korteweg.
6. In the First Episode, who dresses Anton in a helmet and jacket?
7. What is left of Anton's old house in the Second Episode?
(a) The front porch.
(b) A fence and weeds.
(c) Some window panes.
(d) Most of their furniture.
8. In which city is Anton living during the Second Episode?
9. Where does Anton walk while visiting Haarlem in the Second Episode?
(a) To the police station.
(b) To his old neighborhood.
(c) To the cemetery.
(d) To the nursery school.
10. With whom does Anton spend a night in a jail cell?
(a) A woman who is drunk.
(b) A woman he cannot see.
(c) A woman he knew as a small child.
(d) A woman who cannot speak.
11. In the First Episode, who questions Anton when he reaches Amsterdam?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A general.
(c) A cab driver.
(d) A British soldier.
12. What is the name of Anton's escort to Amsterdam in the First Episode?
13. What is the name of Anton's childhood house?
14. What do the soldiers do to Anton's childhood house?
(a) Vandalize it.
(b) Bomb it.
(c) Sell it.
(d) Burn it.
15. With whom is Anton living during the Second Episode?
(a) With his parents.
(b) With his aunt and uncle.
(c) With his brother Peter.
(d) With his wife and daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Anton visits Gerrit Jan's house in the Second Episode, what war are they discussing?
2. In which city does "The Assault" begin?
3. What does Peter take from Ploeg?
4. After visiting the memorial in the Second Episode, where does Anton go?
5. How does Anton know that the assault was never brought to trial?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)