|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Anton attacked on the way to Amsterdam in the First Episode?
(a) By plane.
(b) By machine guns.
(c) By fire.
(d) By ambush.
2. Immediately after visiting the Beumers in the Second Episode, where does Anton go?
(a) To the birthday party.
(b) To the memorial.
(c) To his old house.
(d) To his uncle's.
3. How does Anton know that the assault was never brought to trial?
(a) If it had, he would have been questioned.
(b) If it had, he would have found records in his search.
(c) If it had, members of the Resistance would have been punished.
(d) If it had, his parents would not have died.
4. After finishing the gymnasium, where does Anton go to school?
(a) Law school.
(b) Berlin University.
(c) Pilot school.
(d) Medical school.
5. Who invites Anton inside for coffee in the Second Episode?
(a) Karin Korteweg.
(b) Mrs. Aarts.
(c) Mrs. Beumer.
(d) His old schoolteacher.
6. When Anton returns to Haarlam for the first time, whose house does he first go to?
(a) The Buemer's.
(b) The Kortewegs.
(c) A distant relative's.
(d) A fellow classmate's.
7. How do Anton's aunt and uncle treat him?
(a) As if he were a burden.
(b) With strict rules and high expectations.
(c) With neglect.
(d) Better than if he were their own son.
8. After spending the night in a jail cell, where is Anton sent?
(b) The French police.
(c) The Fuhrer.
(d) The Ortskommandantur.
9. What is the Steenwijk family doing when they hear shots?
(a) Eating dinner.
(c) Playing a game.
(d) Listening to the radio.
10. What is written on the memorial that was built on the site of the executions?
(a) They fell for queen and fatherland.
(b) We shall never forget.
(c) May they live on in our memory.
(d) Rest in peace.
11. Why does Peter never leave the Steenwijk house?
(a) So he will not be sent to a labor camp.
(b) Because he is a fugitive.
(c) So he will not be conscripted in the army.
(d) Because he has a disease.
12. Who had Anton befriended at school?
(c) Fake Ploeg.
(d) Karin Korteweg.
13. Why does Anton return to Haarlem for the first time after the assault?
(a) To visit the Beumer's.
(b) To attend a funeral.
(c) To attend a birthday party.
(d) To visit a monument.
14. What do the soldiers demand of Anton's family after the shooting?
(a) Their identification papers.
(b) The wallet of the man who was shot.
(c) The keys to their house.
(d) The gun of the man who was shot.
15. With whom does Anton spend a night in a jail cell?
(a) A woman he knew as a small child.
(b) A woman who cannot speak.
(c) A woman who is drunk.
(d) A woman he cannot see.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anton's name is shared by whom?
2. How does Anton travel to Haarlem in the Second Episode?
3. Who takes Anton home at the end of the First Episode?
4. What did Mr. Korteweg used to keep upstairs?
5. What is Anton's childhood home next to?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)