|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Anton's escort to Amsterdam in the First Episode?
2. Who moved into the Korteweg's house?
(a) The Groenevelds.
(b) The Steenwijks.
(c) The Aartses.
3. Anton remembers which of his neighbors playing board games with him?
(a) Mr. Beumer.
(b) Fake Ploeg.
(c) Karin Korteweg.
(d) Mrs. Aarts.
4. What do the soldiers do to Anton's childhood house?
(a) Sell it.
(b) Bomb it.
(c) Vandalize it.
(d) Burn it.
5. The woman in the cell with Anton is in love with whom?
(a) A divorced man.
(b) A Nazi soldier.
(c) A married man with two children.
(d) A British soldier.
6. How does Anton know that the assault was never brought to trial?
(a) If it had, he would have found records in his search.
(b) If it had, he would have been questioned.
(c) If it had, his parents would not have died.
(d) If it had, members of the Resistance would have been punished.
7. What is left of Anton's old house in the Second Episode?
(a) A fence and weeds.
(b) The front porch.
(c) Some window panes.
(d) Most of their furniture.
8. What does Peter take from Ploeg?
(a) His gun.
(b) His papers.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His bicycle.
9. Who first moves the body of the man who was shot?
(b) Mr. Steenwijk.
(d) Mr. Korteweg and Karin.
10. Who says to Anton, "Pickles are just like crocodiles"?
(a) Mrs. Beumer.
(b) Mr. Beumer.
(c) Van Liempt.
(d) Mr. Korteweg.
11. After hearing shots, what does Anton see through the window?
(a) A dog and two men.
(b) A bicycle and a man.
(c) Three men.
(d) A car and a man.
12. In what year does Anton return to Haarlem for the first time since he was 12?
13. With whom is Anton living during the Second Episode?
(a) With his wife and daughter.
(b) With his parents.
(c) With his aunt and uncle.
(d) With his brother Peter.
14. Who had Anton befriended at school?
(b) Fake Ploeg.
(d) Karin Korteweg.
15. How does Anton travel to Haarlem in the Second Episode?
(a) By plane.
(b) By motorcar.
(c) By train.
(d) By bicycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Anton home at the end of the First Episode?
2. Who tells Van Liempt what happened to Anton's parents?
3. How does Anton react to the events of the night of the assault?
4. By the Second Episode, what has happened to Mr. Beumer?
5. Anton finds out that what happened to Peter the night of the assault?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)