|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Episode, 1956.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Anton return to Haarlem for the first time since he was 12?
2. How do Anton's aunt and uncle treat him?
(a) With neglect.
(b) As if he were a burden.
(c) With strict rules and high expectations.
(d) Better than if he were their own son.
3. What does Van Liempt discover about the fate of Anton's parents?
(a) They died in prison.
(b) They were shot.
(c) They were sent to Germany.
(d) They were sent to a death camp.
4. By the Second Episode, what has happened to Mr. Beumer?
(a) He has moved to a nursing home.
(b) He has become crippled.
(c) He has become senile.
(d) He has died.
5. Who had Anton befriended at school?
(b) Fake Ploeg.
(d) Karin Korteweg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the soldiers do to Anton's childhood house?
2. In which year does the Third Episode take place?
3. Why does Peter never leave the Steenwijk house?
4. While in a jail cell, a woman tells Anton a story about what?
5. How does Anton travel to Amsterdam in the First Episode?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)