|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Episode, 1952.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is left of Anton's old house in the Second Episode?
(a) Most of their furniture.
(b) The front porch.
(c) A fence and weeds.
(d) Some window panes.
2. Where does Anton walk while visiting Haarlem in the Second Episode?
(a) To his old neighborhood.
(b) To the police station.
(c) To the nursery school.
(d) To the cemetery.
3. Who invites Anton inside for coffee in the Second Episode?
(a) Karin Korteweg.
(b) His old schoolteacher.
(c) Mrs. Aarts.
(d) Mrs. Beumer.
4. Why does Mrs. Beumer believe that Peter lost his life?
(a) Because he ran away.
(b) Because he was trying to help Ploeg.
(c) Because he attacked a soldier.
(d) Because he shot Ploeg.
5. Why does Mrs. Beumer believe that Anton's mother was killed?
(a) Because she refused to leave the house.
(b) Because she attacked a soldier.
(c) Because she was Jewish.
(d) Because she was Peter's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does a soldier put Anton after taking him from his house in the First Episode?
2. Which neighbor does Anton see the morning after he was taken to the police station?
3. Who refuses to speak to Van Liempt when he inquires after the fate of Anton's family?
4. Why does Anton's family spend all their time in the dining room?
5. What does Van Liempt discover about the fate of Anton's parents?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)