|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Episode, 1956.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anton's uncle is a party leader for which political party?
(a) Social Democrats.
2. What is the Steenwijk family doing when they hear shots?
(b) Playing a game.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Listening to the radio.
3. Who does Fake Ploeg consider responsible for the death of Anton's parents?
(b) His father.
(c) The English.
(d) The Resistance fighters.
4. What enters Budapest during the Third Episode?
(a) The Nazis.
(b) The Third Reich.
(c) Anton's parents.
(d) Russian tanks.
5. Why does Peter never leave the Steenwijk house?
(a) So he will not be conscripted in the army.
(b) So he will not be sent to a labor camp.
(c) Because he is a fugitive.
(d) Because he has a disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anton do his homework at home in the First Episode?
2. After spending the night in a prison cell, what is on Anton's face?
3. Who says to Anton, "Pickles are just like crocodiles"?
4. After finishing the gymnasium, where does Anton go to school?
5. After hearing shots, what does Anton see through the window?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)