|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Episode, 1966.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anton respond to Fake Ploeg's anger at the end of the Third Episode?
(a) With callousness.
(b) With sympathy.
(c) With bitterness.
(d) With anger.
2. When Anton returns to Haarlam for the first time, whose house does he first go to?
(a) A fellow classmate's.
(b) The Kortewegs.
(c) The Buemer's.
(d) A distant relative's.
3. Why does Anton's uncle not attend his wedding?
(a) He has become estranged from Anton.
(b) He died in an auto accident.
(c) He died in the war.
(d) He does not approve of Anton's wife.
4. On the second night of the protest against the Communist Party, why does Anton decide not to stay at his aunt and uncle's?
(a) He cannot reach their house because of the mob.
(b) He does not believe that the protest will continue for another night.
(c) He is afraid that they will be attacked.
(d) He knows he will not be welcome.
5. When Anton meets Fake Ploeg as an adult, what does Fake look like?
(a) A soldier.
(b) The image of his father.
(c) A politician.
(d) The image of his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cor Takes tell Anton at the end of the Fourth Episode?
2. Fake Ploeg tells Anton that he will never forget what?
3. Who was with Cor Takes the night of the assault?
4. With whom is Anton living during the Second Episode?
5. When does Van Liempt inquire about the fate of Anton's parents?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)